Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

evening cocktail hours were 6pm to 8pm with the lounge closing at 9pm last april when I was there

regards

tbs
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by woodford02A
What are the complimentary breakfast options here for Diamonds? If there are multiple options, what are the pros/cons to each?
Exec Lounge is OK but not great for breakfast. You can get a great buffet breakfast downstairs, all sorts of food. And one morning you can have a traditional Japanese breakfast at their Japanese restaurant--well worth it for the experience.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by catcher1
Exec Lounge is OK but not great for breakfast. You can get a great buffet breakfast downstairs, all sorts of food. And one morning you can have a traditional Japanese breakfast at their Japanese restaurant--well worth it for the experience.
The traditional Japanese breakfast at their Japanese restaurant is well worth trying. It is available for Diamond members, and must be booked in advance.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

evening cocktail hours were 6pm to 8pm with the lounge closing at 9pm last april when I was there

regards

tbs
thanks Scot (RBS?)
Yes, seems so but 3710 closes at 8pm ish.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The traditional Japanese breakfast at their Japanese restaurant is well worth trying. It is available for Diamond members, and must be booked in advance.
Great, thanks. That could be kind of fun to try. What is the name of the restaurant this is held in?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Great, thanks. That could be kind of fun to try. What is the name of the restaurant this is held in?
We did indeed find it fun to try! But if you are not full afterwards, I suppose you can still go to the breakfast buffet on the main floor for your double eggs! I don't remember the name of the restaurant, which is on the second floor. But you must reserve in advance, so ask when you make your reservation. This really is an advantage of being HH Diamond!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

I think it is Junisoh

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ja...g/junisoh.html
( although the website does not refer to breakfast ,we got a leaflet when checking in)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think it is Junisoh
It is indeed. See Post #320 in this thread for an example of the breakfast.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=320

/shameless self promotion

Note that this isn’t limited to Diamonds. It’s a breakfast option for Golds, and I believe open to any guests on a paid basis. Or at least it looked like an adjacent customer was signing a receipt afterwards.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
I am noticing the rates here are based on single occupancy, meaning when I add my partner the rate goes up for 2 people. 'Second guest stays free' is a published HH benefit but the website does not automatically fix this even though I am diamond. How do I get the hotel to waive the extra guest fee?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
I am noticing the rates here are based on single occupancy, meaning when I add my partner the rate goes up for 2 people. 'Second guest stays free' is a published HH benefit but the website does not automatically fix this even though I am diamond. How do I get the hotel to waive the extra guest fee?
Very strange. I have been given the same rate for two people. Great welcome drinks at their second-floor bar too, with live music.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Select one person for the rate and put your partner’s name in the Additional Guest Name field. That’s what I do with my wife and never had an issue with it here.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:12 am

I was originally leaning towards Conrad for my 5 nights in Tokyo next year. Now favoring Hilton more due to location, obvious less points total, and higher likelihood of "standard" rooms to use my weekend certs. Already have Gold, should have Diamond by that time too, so I'm hoping for free breakfast at the least and some kind of room upgrade.

Has anyone used their concierge to book some Michelin star restaurants in town? It was one of the reasons I wanted Conrad initially, but I figure Hilton has a good enough staff to do this too?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
I was originally leaning towards Conrad for my 5 nights in Tokyo next year. Now favoring Hilton more due to location, obvious less points total, and higher likelihood of "standard" rooms to use my weekend certs. Already have Gold, should have Diamond by that time too, so I'm hoping for free breakfast at the least and some kind of room upgrade.

Has anyone used their concierge to book some Michelin star restaurants in town? It was one of the reasons I wanted Conrad initially, but I figure Hilton has a good enough staff to do this too?
I posted on this a while back. I would highly recommend a credit card concierge request (if you have access to one) before you leave town where they are focused on your specific request and have contacts in Japan. I've found the Hilton concierge to be bombarded, and with constant turnover, your request may be lost in the shuffle. Others upthread have reported success with the local desk. I'm also booking 30-90 days in advance to ensure I have a reservation where I want.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m

I have before and currently in touch with their concierge for my upcoming trip. Success will probably depend on the type of restaurant, popularity, reservation time (lunch vs. dinner), and reservation policies. In my previous trip, Hilton concierge was able to get me into a 1-star sushi restaurant roughly 3 weeks before my desired date. For the same restaurant, Conrad concierge couldn't get me into the same restaurant for dinner 4 weeks+ prior to my dates. I will have to say though that my dinner dates were after New Year's holiday, so that may have influenced availability.

For my up coming trip, they were able to get me into a 1-star Japanese-French restaurant in January. My sushi restaurant requests are still in a work in progress. I gave them a list of places, with order of preference, and was informed all my choices were taking reservations only a month ahead. Since my dates are again close to New Year's holiday, the concierge then explained each restaurant's anticipated opening dates and potential availability. Response time has been within 24hrs.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Gradfly
I have before and currently in touch with their concierge for my upcoming trip. Success will probably depend on the type of restaurant, popularity, reservation time (lunch vs. dinner), and reservation policies. In my previous trip, Hilton concierge was able to get me into a 1-star sushi restaurant roughly 3 weeks before my desired date. For the same restaurant, Conrad concierge couldn't get me into the same restaurant for dinner 4 weeks+ prior to my dates. I will have to say though that my dinner dates were after New Year's holiday, so that may have influenced availability.

For my up coming trip, they were able to get me into a 1-star Japanese-French restaurant in January. My sushi restaurant requests are still in a work in progress. I gave them a list of places, with order of preference, and was informed all my choices were taking reservations only a month ahead. Since my dates are again close to New Year's holiday, the concierge then explained each restaurant's anticipated opening dates and potential availability. Response time has been within 24hrs.
I should follow up. Conrad Osaka couldn't get me a table somewhere (which had obvious availability) when my credit card concierge could.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.