Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

One thing I found weird about this hotel especially on the Lounge aspect is that there are 2 different lounge - one seemed to be better compared to the other. Not sure how they determine which guests is eligible for which, but during my last stay, Dec 2017, on both nights I was there, I was lucky to be directed to the better lounge as the main lounge was full.
Offerings seemed to be better in this 2nd more intimate lounge where access was only with a special key card that was provided at the main lounge. For certain it was not a special lounge for Diamond members as it I was only directed to this lounge due to the main one being full.

Any explanation on the differences?

Cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Talk about unfortunate timing, I have an upcoming stay starting on Jan.4. I wonder if they'll keep that other lounge open. When I had a 5 night stay here, it seemed to be open on an arbitrary basis. On the first time I was directed to this lounge, the manager stated it was for Diamond members. Its been a couple of years since this conversation so they might have changed the policy.

One potential issue I see is the breakfast situation. Seating in both Marble lounge and the exec lounge gets challenging if you don't get in early.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I've been sent to the other lounge when I was Gold. Might have been capacity that night.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

My mother and I were invited to use the 3710 "overflow lounge" once during our six night stay in April 2018 ( I think it was a Saturday night)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
That lounge seems to be in decent shape already although I wonder if they can make it more efficient/increase capacity somehow. I guess this also means Cherry Blossom season also...
Hi,
I think Cherry blossom season in Tokyo is in early april so the closure would cover this period.

however the end of april coincides with the start of Golden Week ( 29th April). In 2019 this will include the Emperor's abdication on 30th April and the new emperor's ascension on 1st May.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Staying here in a couple of weeks. As a diamond does one need to await an invite to the mini 3710 lounge or can you just rock up?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GLABA
Staying here in a couple of weeks. As a diamond does one need to await an invite to the mini 3710 lounge or can you just rock up?
Hi,

We were given a special entrance key at the main lounge reception ( like a standard room key as the 3710 entrance is a standard room door). It does appear to be open only occasionally and not advertised in advance in my experience

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by GLABA
You need to "check in" at reception in the main lounge. Just ask if the other lounge is open and they will give you the keycard to the other lounge after asking for your room number, presumably to check that you are a Diamond and therefore qualify.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

My limited experience of the other lounge (2 stays, 2+3 yrs ago) was that it was different but not better (nor worse).
drinks were the same and food was the same too. Staffing was variable in each based on demand.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
At this hotel can diamonds check in at the lounge? If so do you need a key to go up to the 37th or would we need to ask somebody?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by richiezc
At this hotel can diamonds check in at the lounge? If so do you need a key to go up to the 37th or would we need to ask somebody?
Yes! (though see the posts above about the exec lounge closing temporarily, depending on when your stay is). No key card needed. Elevator bank is to the slight left as you enter from the main entrance.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
It did not mention any alternative arrangements yet.
The message has been update to cover the alternative arrangements during the lounge closure :

Complimentary breakfast & Evening Cocktails are available in our restaurants and bar located on 2F.
Interestingly during this period they don't seem to be selling any standard Executive rooms, only Jr Suites and larger, so I guess this will mainly be for Diamonds.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:22 pm

I guess minimising numbers is a good idea while having changes. May then open them up if things are smooth. Or they'll just sell them as non-exec instead.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Appols, I know this will have been mentioned million times already.

What are the cocktail hours in the lounge? Osaka was 17:30 to 19:30. I'm likely to arrive about 7pm and wondering how much to hot foot my way there.

thanks
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
What are the complimentary breakfast options here for Diamonds? If there are multiple options, what are the pros/cons to each?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.