Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 12:51 pm

I'm looking at these two hotels as well, but the price difference in August is significant----$220/night at Hilton, $501/night at Conrad. Are the prices likely to come down closer to the dates? And if they get closer, say $100 apart, which area is better for first-time tourists?
Old May 14, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Suzzin
I'm looking at these two hotels as well, but the price difference in August is significant----$220/night at Hilton, $501/night at Conrad. Are the prices likely to come down closer to the dates? And if they get closer, say $100 apart, which area is better for first-time tourists?
I'd take the Hilton at those rates.

Regarding the area, the Hilton is slightly better located given how close it is to Shinjuku and Shibuya. Shinjuku Station also has direct lines to popular day trip areas such as Nikko and Hakone. However, Conrad is very close to Ginza and sits right on top a metro station whereas Hilton requires a shuttle bus ride or 15 minute walk to Shinjuku Station.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Personally, if I were a first time tourist in Tokyo, I would split my time between the 2 despite any hassles transferring between them. The Conrad is near(er) to the Imperial Palace and Gardens, Ginza, and for now the Tsujiki fish market. It's also closer to Asakusa, Ueno and other east Tokyo sights. The Hilton Tokyo is within walking distance of Shinjuku, and much closer to Shinagawa, Harajuku, and the Meiji Shrine and park.

Even not being a first time tourist (been over a dozen times), I still enjoy splitting my time between the 2, if I have enough time..
Old May 14, 2018, 1:44 pm

We're only there for 4 days, so not enough time to move hotels. I'm sold on the Hilton for the prices at the moment, but if they were closer to the same I think location would play a bigger part and that's where it gets confusing!

I don't know enough about Tokyo to know what we'll end up doing, but usually we just like to wander and look at stuff. We might take a day trip, and I think the Conrad is a better location for the train but for $300 a day hotel difference we can take a cab from the Hilton to the train station.
nollbit likes this.

Last edited by Suzzin; May 14, 2018 at 1:47 pm Reason: more thoughts
Old May 14, 2018, 1:58 pm

We're only there for 4 days, so not enough time to move hotels. I'm sold on the Hilton for the prices at the moment, but if they were closer to the same I think location would play a bigger part and that's where it gets confusing!

I don't know enough about Tokyo to know what we'll end up doing, but usually we just like to wander and look at stuff. We might take a day trip, and I think the Conrad is a better location for the train but for $300 a day hotel difference we can take a cab from the Hilton to the train station.
Don't worry, plenty of destinations served from the Shinjuku station, including trains serving Mt. Fuji and Hakone sightseeing which is a great day trip..
nollbit likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Suzzin,

I would keep an eye out at the Conrad to see if the prices came down but at these prices it would be the hilton.

The hilton is ontop of a shopping arcade with a short walk to 2 metro stations ; Tochomae station ( Toei Oedo line - a broadly circular line around tokyo ) and the Nish-Shinjuku station ( Tokyo metro Marunouchi line which goes to Ginza and Tokyo station also)

Fron the Shinjuku station you can also catch the JR Chuo line ( and if you catch the rapid ( orange line) it is a limited stop to Tokyo station ( about 4 stops and 15min) so the hilton is pretty handy transport wise also

If you have any questions on Tokyo ,there is the Japan forum or ask. With only 4 days in Tokyo you will not experience everything but will be able to visit quite a few areas.

Regards

TBS
Old May 28, 2018, 8:57 am

I've booked the Hilton Tokyo on points but will keep an eye out for a summer sale. One things that keeps coming up with hotels in Tokyo---they will sell you a room for 2 adults and a child/teenager, for a room that they say sleeps 3 adults, and then they charge $70-80 plus taxes and fees (around 25%) for the third person. This seems to apply even with points. Is there any way around it? Are these charges ever waived? Or will we just have to add on $400 to our "free" stay?
Old May 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lil_champignon
Hey everyone, I've got a ton of Hilton points and I'm planning my first trip to Japan. When does availability open at places like Hilton Tokyo? My plan right now is to go in Feb 2019, and I'm trying to be good and plan ahead. When I check various sets of days in Feb 2019 at Hilton Tokyo (or Conrad Tokyo), it says they are all sold out. Is there something going on Tokyo in Feb 2019 that I'm not aware of? From what I've heard, February isn't a super busy time in Tokyo, so I would be surprised if these are actually sold out already. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Lunar New Year is in early February in 2019. Tourists from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and probably to an extent Korea and Vietnam....
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:21 am

WHile it is CNY, the reason for no availability is not. They haven't been released yet. Try 6-9 months out (I realise it's about 9 now).
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:32 pm

We have had a fantastic stay at the Hilton Tokyo. They didn’t have an upgrade for our first night but moved us to a Junior suite the next day. We are on the 35th floor with gorgeous views. We have had breakfast in the lobby restaurant every morning, it’s a ridiculous spread of everything you could imagine and then some—my son has had ramen for breakfast every day! The executive lounge is well stocked and has been well used by us weary tourists every evening. Yesterday Tokyo was on the edge of a typhoon moving through, so we used the underground walkways which to all the way to Shinjuku... and, I think, several miles in every direction as well.
Weyland Yutani Corp and 747FC like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:45 am

We have had a fantastic stay at the Hilton Tokyo. They didn’t have an upgrade for our first night but moved us to a Junior suite the next day. We are on the 35th floor with gorgeous views. We have had breakfast in the lobby restaurant every morning, it’s a ridiculous spread of everything you could imagine and then some—my son has had ramen for breakfast every day! The executive lounge is well stocked and has been well used by us weary tourists every evening. Yesterday Tokyo was on the edge of a typhoon moving through, so we used the underground walkways which to all the way to Shinjuku... and, I think, several miles in every direction as well.
My wife and I try to have the local noodles and broth for breakfast iat all the Asia Hiltons/Conrrads we stay at. Love that option! Add some chili pastes and flakes and it's a spicy wakeup!

The Hilton Tokyo does have some great views, especially if you have a window facing Mt. Fuji-san on a clear day.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am trying to figure this out...when I book, it has the options of the following I will consider:

1 - Hilton King - City and park views, high floor, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work - 58,000 points
2 - King Deluxe - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 51,000 points
3 - King Premium - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 54,000 points

Cash price range from 29,000 JPY to 32,000 to 34,000.

Since #1 is considered standard award, one would get the 5th night free with points. #2 and #3 won't. The difference is not huge for 5 nights but...Questions:

1 - How different are the rooms? Is it renovated vs. old and the different towers?
2 - Why does #1 say high floor but the other more expensive ones don't?
3 - As a Diamond, should I just get the cheapest one and hope for upgrades?

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by username
I am trying to figure this out...when I book, it has the options of the following I will consider:

1 - Hilton King - City and park views, high floor, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work - 58,000 points
2 - King Deluxe - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 51,000 points
3 - King Premium - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 54,000 points

Cash price range from 29,000 JPY to 32,000 to 34,000.

Since #1 is considered standard award, one would get the 5th night free with points. #2 and #3 won't. The difference is not huge for 5 nights but...Questions:

1 - How different are the rooms? Is it renovated vs. old and the different towers?
2 - Why does #1 say high floor but the other more expensive ones don't?
3 - As a Diamond, should I just get the cheapest one and hope for upgrades?

Thanks.
Yes, as a HHD get cheapest, expect upgrade.. that's what I'd do..
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Yes, as a HHD get cheapest, expect upgrade.. that's what I'd do..
Thanks. Is this based on experience at this hotel? I also don't want to EXPECT - just HOPE
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by username
Thanks. Is this based on experience at this hotel? I also don't want to EXPECT - just HOPE
Experience with over a dozen stays as a Diamond. but yes, "hope" is a better term, but probability for an upgrade is high!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.