Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Not sure if anyone here can offer some advice -- I have both the Hilton Tokyo and the Courtyard Tokyo Station booked for next month. As a first time visitor to Tokyo -- which area is a better place to stay? I'll be in town for 4 nights. The city seems massive so it's so hard to figure out where to stay. It seems like the Hilton would be a nicer (bigger room) hotel but the Courtyard seems to be in a better/busier location.
Courtyard rooms can be really tiny. I'd choose Hilton Tokyo and even better if you can use the Lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:17 pm

In terms of quality and comfort, the Tokyo Hilton wins hands down. Consider the location of the Hilton to roughly equate NYC's Financial District and the Courtyard Tokyo Station to equate NYC's Penn Station. It all depends on QPR and if you hold status with either chain. I really like the Hilton Tokyo's Shinjuku location, as there are a myriad of dining, shopping and entertainment opportunities within walking distance, but in reality, the same can be said of the Courtyard. If money is not the deciding factor between the two, choose the Hilton, as the hard product is superior and the area is less congested than Tokyo Station. You can also take the direct underground connection from the Hilton to the Marunouchi Line subway to Tokyo Station in 20 minutes without any transfers. If you are a HH Diamond, the EL at the Hilton is amongst my favourites, with quality F & B offerings and the ability to enjoy the Japanese breakfast at the Junisoh restaurant without charge. Keynon and crew are exemplary. If you are Marriott Gold or Platinum, you will enjoy free adult beverages and hot meals at the CY. Rooms at the CY, however, are tiny.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to stay at the Hilton. I'm only Hilton Gold so unless they upgrade me to an Executive Club room, I was told I won't have access to the EL.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to stay at the Hilton. I'm only Hilton Gold so unless they upgrade me to an Executive Club room, I was told I won't have access to the EL.
While that's true, you'll still have complimentary breakfast, either at the buffet next to the lobby or the Japanese breakfast. I've been happy with my stays as a Gold overall and would return anytime.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:38 am

Does a gold have access to Japanese breakfast at the Junisoh restaurant without charge?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
Does a gold have access to Japanese breakfast at the Junisoh restaurant without charge?
Yes! Did so back in November as a Gold.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Just finished up a 5-night stay on points for my 50th birthday.

Very happy with the Hilton Tokyo. My room was on one of the curves of the hotel, so the entry part of the king room was much larger than the window area, but it worked well. Nice living area near the window was used a lot, and the bathroom was exceptional. Perhaps the best hotel shower I have ever had!

On my birthday, I came back to the room to a card, some fruit and candies. I still have no idea how they knew it was my birthday!

Really enjoyed the Executive Lounge as well. Breakfasts were done well (make sure to ask for your omelette well done if you don't like nearly-liquid inside your omelette!). The evening apps were plentiful, and provided an impromptu dinner one night -- the dumplings were incredible! the lounge also makes for a great mid-day break area for coffee and snacks!

Arrived at NRT and took the Limosine Bus in, and used the same system for the outbound to HND. Could not have been easier.

My transport plan was to use the closest metro station - Nishi-Shinjuku, and we did - was a cinch, and all underground from the entry in the Hilton lobby. The free observation tower in the Tokyo Gov't Center was an easy walk as well.

I will definitely be back!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by deuce1
Just finished up a 5-night stay on points for my 50th birthday.

Very happy with the Hilton Tokyo. My room was on one of the curves of the hotel, so the entry part of the king room was much larger than the window area, but it worked well. Nice living area near the window was used a lot, and the bathroom was exceptional. Perhaps the best hotel shower I have ever had!

On my birthday, I came back to the room to a card, some fruit and candies. I still have no idea how they knew it was my birthday!

Really enjoyed the Executive Lounge as well. Breakfasts were done well (make sure to ask for your omelette well done if you don't like nearly-liquid inside your omelette!). The evening apps were plentiful, and provided an impromptu dinner one night -- the dumplings were incredible! the lounge also makes for a great mid-day break area for coffee and snacks!

Arrived at NRT and took the Limosine Bus in, and used the same system for the outbound to HND. Could not have been easier.

My transport plan was to use the closest metro station - Nishi-Shinjuku, and we did - was a cinch, and all underground from the entry in the Hilton lobby. The free observation tower in the Tokyo Gov't Center was an easy walk as well.

I will definitely be back!
so true! our first breakfast there the gentleman in front of me asked for well done. I didn't think anything of it until I cut open my and it was pure liquid! I couldn't eat it....
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm arriving in the evening at Haneda as a party of three (2 adults, 1 teenager). Taking the Limousine Bus to the Hilton seems easy and not too expensive. I do see that there's also a public transport option that starts with the monorail that might be slightly faster and cheaper -- and probably more confusing. Has anyone attempted the monorail?

When we leave, it's sadly out of Narita. Is there any plausible alternative to the Limousine Bus? When I found their website, it seems like the bus will cost almost $90 for the 3 of us. That's not great, but I know it's far. Are there any discounts or alternatives? And, on a Sunday afternoon, approximately how long would the trip be from the hotel? Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm arriving in the evening at Haneda as a party of three (2 adults, 1 teenager). Taking the Limousine Bus to the Hilton seems easy and not too expensive. I do see that there's also a public transport option that starts with the monorail that might be slightly faster and cheaper -- and probably more confusing. Has anyone attempted the monorail?

When we leave, it's sadly out of Narita. Is there any plausible alternative to the Limousine Bus? When I found their website, it seems like the bus will cost almost $90 for the 3 of us. That's not great, but I know it's far. Are there any discounts or alternatives? And, on a Sunday afternoon, approximately how long would the trip be from the hotel? Thanks.
Transportation in Japan is just expensive. Believe it or not the bus isn't that badly priced when you compare lugging your stuff to Shinjuku station for a NEX train to save 300 yen pp.
Budget 1.5 to 2 hours to get to NRT from Shinjuku.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:41 pm

THE ACCESS NARITA
this is another cheaper alternative, not sure if you want to carry the luggage to Tokyo station and eating/ shopping there before departure.
For us, as the time of the bus departing Hilton doesnt fit our flight, so we go to Shinjuku station and take metro to Tokyo station and take the bus opposite to Tokyo station (¥1000/adult; as i recall you will get discount if you buy in advance online)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
Transportation in Japan is just expensive. Believe it or not the bus isn't that badly priced when you compare lugging your stuff to Shinjuku station for a NEX train to save 300 yen pp.
Budget 1.5 to 2 hours to get to NRT from Shinjuku.
It's not *that* bad.... I mean the Hilton has a shuttle to Shinjuku if you don't feel like walking. NEX tickets aren't cheap on a one way basis, and while this doesn't help you, they're a decent value if purchased on a r/t basis since they have a reduced foreigner rate at NRT. Just as an FYI.

I've actually not flown in or out of Haneda, will be doing that next week for the first time.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:04 am
TDV

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It's not *that* bad.... I mean the Hilton has a shuttle to Shinjuku if you don't feel like walking. NEX tickets aren't cheap on a one way basis, and while this doesn't help you, they're a decent value if purchased on a r/t basis since they have a reduced foreigner rate at NRT. Just as an FYI.

I've actually not flown in or out of Haneda, will be doing that next week for the first time.
The NEX is a faster option compared to Limousine Bus, especially when traveling during the rush hour.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mycell

THE ACCESS NARITA
this is another cheaper alternative, not sure if you want to carry the luggage to Tokyo station and eating/ shopping there before departure.
For us, as the time of the bus departing Hilton doesnt fit our flight, so we go to Shinjuku station and take metro to Tokyo station and take the bus opposite to Tokyo station (¥1000/adult; as i recall you will get discount if you buy in advance online)
Thanks, Mycell. That seems like excellent value. We'll have only rollerboards, so saving 2000 yen per person seems worthwhile.

When I go to google maps, it says I can take the Marunouchi line from nearby Nishi-Shinjuku Station to Tokyo station where I'd grab the Access Narita bus. Is that correct? This sounds easy; other than "not wanting to thinking about it" and just getting the expensive airport bus from the hotel, why wouldn't I do this? (I see the Limousine Bus does offer some ROUNDTRIP discounts if you originate at Narita, so for folks starting there after a long flight, the savings might not be great enough to make the switch at Tokyo Station).

The Access Narita bus seems to run quite frequently. Like every 10 to 20 minutes. I assume there's never a backlog?

Meanwhile, does anyone also have any similar "tricks" to get from Haneda to the hotel? I do see that the Limousine Bus offers a "Limousine and Subway Pass" deal from Haneda (there's also a deal from Narita). From Haneda, it's "3,200 yen for Two bus tickets and 48-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket," and "1,800 yen for One bus ticket and 24-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket."

Limousine and Subway pass | Information | Airport Limousine Bus

The deal for 2 sounds OK, as two regular one way bus tickets would cost 2460 yen total. But I also recall that not all intra-Tokyo transport is by "subway" -- there are other "rail lines," too. Right? And what does an individual subway ticket cost: is it something like 200 yen? What has been the experience of others staying at this hotel: how much have you used the subway, and does a subway pass make sense?

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks, Mycell. That seems like excellent value. We'll have only rollerboards, so saving 2000 yen per person seems worthwhile.

When I go to google maps, it says I can take the Marunouchi line from nearby Nishi-Shinjuku Station to Tokyo station where I'd grab the Access Narita bus. Is that correct? This sounds easy; other than "not wanting to thinking about it" and just getting the expensive airport bus from the hotel, why wouldn't I do this? (I see the Limousine Bus does offer some ROUNDTRIP discounts if you originate at Narita, so for folks starting there after a long flight, the savings might not be great enough to make the switch at Tokyo Station).

The Access Narita bus seems to run quite frequently. Like every 10 to 20 minutes. I assume there's never a backlog?

Meanwhile, does anyone also have any similar "tricks" to get from Haneda to the hotel? I do see that the Limousine Bus offers a "Limousine and Subway Pass" deal from Haneda (there's also a deal from Narita). From Haneda, it's "3,200 yen for Two bus tickets and 48-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket," and "1,800 yen for One bus ticket and 24-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket."

Limousine and Subway pass Information Airport Limousine Bus

The deal for 2 sounds OK, as two regular one way bus tickets would cost 2460 yen total. But I also recall that not all intra-Tokyo transport is by "subway" -- there are other "rail lines," too. Right? And what does an individual subway ticket cost: is it something like 200 yen? What has been the experience of others staying at this hotel: how much have you used the subway, and does a subway pass make sense?

Thanks.
I always look for the best value for transportation, but in the value proposition I also include convenience as a pretty heavy component. If I was a backpacking young adult, price would be the ultimate determining factor, but alas, only young at heart anymore ;-)

That said, I would recommend just using the Limo Bus Service, especially if this is your first time in Tokyo. The public transportation system is awesome, extensive, but can be somewhat overwhelming to newbies getting started. Competing train and metro systems where tickets don't work across systems are common issues one runs into until figuring it out. Also the stations are huge and some lines have multiple final destinations, so you need to get on the right train even though departing from the same platform and nominally the same line.

Perhaps on the inbound use the Limo Bus just to get to the hotel, and then work with someone at the hotel to design a more exciting, and perhaps cheaper alternative to get to NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.