Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:08 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by dascc
Is 48,000 honors points per night a decent value @ this hotel? I'm trying to book a 5 night stay and exploring my options. Its normally 60k per night but with the 5th night free it brings it down to 48k. I think the cash price comes out to $300+tax/fees per night.

I'm not super familiar with the HH program, I've been accruing points the past year or so with CC bonuses but have never redeemed any so I'm not that familiar with their currency.

thanks
I would say yes, having stayed there many times. Considering that 30k gets you the cheapest of the cheap award at your local Hampton Inn, 48k in downtown Shinjuku is a very good value. The rooms aren't the most newly appointed, and the bed in your award (not sure?) may be a little small, but it's very clean and the customer service is solid. Not a long walk to Shinjuku station (IMO) which connects you with everything.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by wunderpit
I would say yes, having stayed there many times. Considering that 30k gets you the cheapest of the cheap award at your local Hampton Inn, 48k in downtown Shinjuku is a very good value. The rooms aren't the most newly appointed, and the bed in your award (not sure?) may be a little small, but it's very clean and the customer service is solid. Not a long walk to Shinjuku station (IMO) which connects you with everything.
Ok that puts things in perspective.

I'm accustomed to SPG and redeeming @ 7k-20k points per night. I know they aren't equal in value but there was some mental sticker shock looking at 48k per night.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:43 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Ok that puts things in perspective.

I'm accustomed to SPG and redeeming @ 7k-20k points per night. I know they aren't equal in value but there was some mental sticker shock looking at 48k per night.
Yes, Hilton points have been heavily devalued over the past several years. Certain awards skyrocketed. Everyone can get gold with an AMEX. Meh.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by wunderpit
I'd concur that 48k is a good value in Tokyo given the reality of Hilton point values. I just spent an absurd 80k per night at the Conrad Tokyo last week for 6 nights. I know that that's a pretty poor value, but my wife and I love the hotel and we couldn't have afforded what we ended up getting upgraded into (king exec bay view) if we had to pay with dollars.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I think this is a fantastic hotel for 48K. The free breakfast is excellent.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:04 pm

I'll offer a different perspective:
it depends on where else you might spend your points and what you would pay in cash for Tokyo. I value hh points are just under 0.5 US c per point, (half a penny).

I would pay up to around $400 a night for a room in Tokyo (that place is expensive).

So if a room at the Hilton is more than 240USD per night all in, then it is worth burning points. If it isn't, I would pay and use my points to ensure they save me more than their "value" to me. Some examples are Conrad NYC, Hilton Niseko in winter peak and Conrad Maldives.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Agrred, next weekend at NRT Hilton - 20K Honors or ¥21,500; that's about 0.7¢ per point.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 7, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if this hotel is leaving Hilton? I was looking at a booking for next year and there's no availability after 1/21/17 (and none in the Conrad after 1/31/17). The Odaiba, Tokyo Disneyland, and Narita Hiltons all have availability 365 days out. I'll be disappointed if so, I've loved this hotel!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sorro
Does anyone know if this hotel is leaving Hilton? I was looking at a booking for next year and there's no availability after 1/21/17 (and none in the Conrad after 1/31/17). The Odaiba, Tokyo Disneyland, and Narita Hiltons all have availability 365 days out. I'll be disappointed if so, I've loved this hotel!
This is the Shinjuku Hilton Tokyo, right? I've been eyeing this property for my trip to Tokyo in October 2017 and I've seen availability every time I've checked, including just now.

On that note, for my trip, I could book the cheapest King room for 29155 JPY/night or a King Jr Suite for 39480 JPY/night. None of the other rooms than the cheapest or Jr Suite seem to make sense for the increased price, for example the Executive King is more expensive per night than the Jr Suite. The Jr Suite seems like a great price, but also more than I want to spend on a hotel. Does anyone know what my chances as a Diamond getting an upgrade to a suite, or what type of room I'm likely to get if I book the cheapest King? And I would get access to the executive lounge regardless of which room I book as Honors Diamond, right? I am more concerned with lounge access than room quality, since hopefully the room will just be a place to fall asleep and I will be outside of the hotel exploring most of the time I'm in Tokyo.

Are there any benefits to booking the Jr Suite that would make it worth the extra 10k JPY/night?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Do you mean 1/21/18 and 1/31/18, respectively? I already have a booking in May 2017 for the Conrad.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by ssbmoro
This is the Shinjuku Hilton Tokyo, right? I've been eyeing this property for my trip to Tokyo in October 2017 and I've seen availability every time I've checked, including just now.

On that note, for my trip, I could book the cheapest King room for 29155 JPY/night or a King Jr Suite for 39480 JPY/night. None of the other rooms than the cheapest or Jr Suite seem to make sense for the increased price, for example the Executive King is more expensive per night than the Jr Suite. The Jr Suite seems like a great price, but also more than I want to spend on a hotel. Does anyone know what my chances as a Diamond getting an upgrade to a suite, or what type of room I'm likely to get if I book the cheapest King? And I would get access to the executive lounge regardless of which room I book as Honors Diamond, right? I am more concerned with lounge access than room quality, since hopefully the room will just be a place to fall asleep and I will be outside of the hotel exploring most of the time I'm in Tokyo.

Are there any benefits to booking the Jr Suite that would make it worth the extra 10k JPY/night?
See my trip report from this October. The hotel is very busy, I once got an upgrade, and once I didn't. However, I only got one because I asked for one, and then the true Japanese hospitality/work ethic worked hard to find one. You will get lounge access for your entire stay as a diamond and it is quite wonderful.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Club Gold
I emailed the hotel about this very question as there's nothing available past 1/21/18. They responded that dates beyond 1/21 will be opened up sometime in July or August.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ssbmoro

I stayed in Jnr Suite and on next trip in Deluxe room and the latter wasn't bad, it was quite spacious. I booked standard King using points, got upgraded to Deluxe and got access to the lounge as Exec rooms were not available, it was peak Sakura season. With Diamond status you will get acess to the lounge anyway.

You can also book flexible rate and wait for promotion. Last year there were a few Suites promotion in Japan and Korea and Suites were cheaper than standard room. Of course promotional rate is non-refundable.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:35 pm

does anyone know the difference between "city views" and "Shinjuku views"?

I booked a King bed- city view, but they have a Shinjuku View in a queen size bed. didn't know if it was worth it to book the queen.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
does anyone know the difference between "city views" and "Shinjuku views"?

I booked a King bed- city view, but they have a Shinjuku View in a queen size bed. didn't know if it was worth it to book the queen.
I've stayed in a couple of rooms and the Executive Lounge and I really haven't noticed the view of one over the other. I'd go for a higher floor over the side of the building as surrounding building hem in the lower floors. Park view on the higher floors may afford a view of Fuji-san if the sky is clear. Also important to me is to avoid the rooms near the elevator. Last time we were in ??22 and could hear the cars running through the door/walls in the room.

ETA: here's a floor map. Sorry for the poor angle to avoid glare. Top is north, left west, right east. Executive lounge starts around Room xx24/xx25 and runs downward. Back section of the lounge is xx01, maybe xx02-xx03 ... well.
Attached Images  

Last edited by rustykettel; May 6, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.