Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by joejones
There is direct service -- scroll all the way to the right (using your link) and you'll see Hilton Tokyo. Or using my link, you choose to/from HND, then find Hilton under Shinjuku as arrival/departure point, and it shows only the buses going to/from Hilton.

Confusion might be that the buses stop elsewhere in Shinjuku before stopping at Hilton, but that is always how it's been. You just stay on the bus until you reach Hilton, then get off.
Sorry. I took "direct" to mean "non stop." We're on the same page.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:31 am

Note that there are more Limo bus trips that only go to Shinjuku station.

Hilton isn't far, walkable with rollerboards if the weather isn't a factor. If you're traveling relatively light this should be an option to consider. Taxi to-from the hotel to where the Limo bus picks up/drops off is easily done as well.

Benefits are a) more available trips and b) time saved not puttering around the Shinjuku area hotels in the bus, especially inbound as Hilton is last.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
As (I think) I suggested upthread, the lazy traveler can also take a bus to the Shinjuku Bus Terminal, where the taxi stand is located right by the bus stop on the same level, and under a roof to boot. From there it should be a very quick ride to the Hilton, probably no more than one tick on the meter.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:43 pm

I have a 5 day then 1 day stay in Tokyo on the way to and from Thailand in June/July. I currently have 5 nights book at Hilton Tokyo with award stay and was planning on using a FNC at Conrad Tokyo for the 1 night on the way home. But I recently got enough HH pts to afford the 5 night stay at Conrad (probably use FNC at Hilton on the return) and am wondering what to do. My wife and I are doing this trip as our honeymoon and have never been to Japan before, so the idea of doing Conrad for 5 nights on pts sounds really nice. However when we travel we like to have lots of options within walking distance for restaurants, bars, entertainment, nightlife, etc.... and I've heard that the Hilton has a far better location for that than Conrad does. From what I understand, it's fairly easy to get around during the day for sightseeing and touristy stuff from either location, but Hilton has better options for walking distance as Conrad is in more of an upscale shopping area. Hoping to get some others thoughts on this....
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:47 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by churning4BKK
I have a 5 day then 1 day stay in Tokyo on the way to and from Thailand in June/July. I currently have 5 nights book at Hilton Tokyo with award stay and was planning on using a FNC at Conrad Tokyo for the 1 night on the way home. But I recently got enough HH pts to afford the 5 night stay at Conrad (probably use FNC at Hilton on the return) and am wondering what to do. My wife and I are doing this trip as our honeymoon and have never been to Japan before, so the idea of doing Conrad for 5 nights on pts sounds really nice. However when we travel we like to have lots of options within walking distance for restaurants, bars, entertainment, nightlife, etc.... and I've heard that the Hilton has a far better location for that than Conrad does. From what I understand, it's fairly easy to get around during the day for sightseeing and touristy stuff from either location, but Hilton has better options for walking distance as Conrad is in more of an upscale shopping area. Hoping to get some others thoughts on this....
I can only speak for the Hilton Tokyo. It is about a 10min walk from Shinjuku station, which can take you anywhere you want to go. 2 stop to Harajuku on the Yamanote line, 3 stops to Shibuya. The walk to the station is very clean, amongst big, beautiful office buildings. I just took my wife and daughter for the first time. They loved it!
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:14 pm

For Conrad Tokyo, the closest station is Shimbashi and also a 10mins walk from Conrad. Can easily get to Shibuya and Shinjuku area as well (~200YEN one way). We did a night life run to those areas and returned late night back without an issue.

Around Conrad, for a Shinjuku vibe (izakaya, small bars type etc), check out 4 Chome area. Also great eateries and things to see under the metro line from Shimbashi to Tokyo Station.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance
For Conrad Tokyo, the closest station is Shimbashi and also a 10mins walk from Conrad. Can easily get to Shibuya and Shinjuku area as well (~200YEN one way). We did a night life run to those areas and returned late night back without an issue.

Around Conrad, for a Shinjuku vibe (izakaya, small bars type etc), check out 4 Chome area. Also great eateries and things to see under the metro line from Shimbashi to Tokyo Station.
that’s not right. The closest Yamanote station maybe, but it’s literally on top of shiodome
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:51 pm

Yea you're right. Funny thing is I have never take oedo line to shinjuku which I assume OP wanted to chill there. Shimbashi via Ginza/Marunouchi lines always seems faster for me. ymmv.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:32 pm

The comparison is hard because most people don't realise how huge Tokyo really is. And how different/Japanese it is. There are nightlife areas but there are a few in most suburbs. Bars tend to be everywhere too, but they are much smaller, in general, than larger western bars. they also may often have an entry/cover fee.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Having stayed at both,
  • Conrad has larger/nicer rooms and a nicer executive lounge.
  • Hilton is larger and busier, taking up a whole building whereas Conrad only takes up the top floors of a building.
  • On-side dining options are pretty solid at both, but I really like Hilton's jazz bar and seasonal holiday buffet. Conrad's options have more of an expensive/sterile/corporate feel to them (in keeping with the brand).
  • Both have direct subway access, but are a bit of a hike to the closest JR station. Hilton connects to two lines (Marunouchi and Oedo), Conrad only connects to Oedo.
  • Both are in fairly uninteresting center-city areas surrounded by high-rise office buildings.
  • They both have more interesting areas within 15-20 minutes' walking distance. Conrad is near Shinbashi (low-end nightlife district frequented by Japanese salarymen) and Ginza (high-end shopping and nightlife district). Likewise, Hilton is near Shinjuku, but the more interesting parts of Shinjuku (Kabukicho, Golden Gai, 3-chome, 2-chome, Shinjuku Gyoen) are on the other side of the JR station. Either way you have to walk a while, or take a short cab ride, to get to the really interesting areas.
  • Conrad is much closer to Tokyo Station and somewhat closer to the airports. Shimbashi Station on the Asakusa Line, a few minutes from the Conrad, has direct train service to both airports, although it's a commuter train and doesn't have extra luggage space.
Cynicor and churning4BKK like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:05 am

This post above says everything I think, but more eloquently than I can write.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joejones
Having stayed at both,
  • Conrad has larger/nicer rooms and a nicer executive lounge.
  • Hilton is larger and busier, taking up a whole building whereas Conrad only takes up the top floors of a building.
  • On-side dining options are pretty solid at both, but I really like Hilton's jazz bar and seasonal holiday buffet. Conrad's options have more of an expensive/sterile/corporate feel to them (in keeping with the brand).
  • Both have direct subway access, but are a bit of a hike to the closest JR station. Hilton connects to two lines (Marunouchi and Oedo), Conrad only connects to Oedo.
  • Both are in fairly uninteresting center-city areas surrounded by high-rise office buildings.
  • They both have more interesting areas within 15-20 minutes' walking distance. Conrad is near Shinbashi (low-end nightlife district frequented by Japanese salarymen) and Ginza (high-end shopping and nightlife district). Likewise, Hilton is near Shinjuku, but the more interesting parts of Shinjuku (Kabukicho, Golden Gai, 3-chome, 2-chome, Shinjuku Gyoen) are on the other side of the JR station. Either way you have to walk a while, or take a short cab ride, to get to the really interesting areas.
  • Conrad is much closer to Tokyo Station and somewhat closer to the airports. Shimbashi Station on the Asakusa Line, a few minutes from the Conrad, has direct train service to both airports, although it's a commuter train and doesn't have extra luggage space.
Just to add, the Hilton Tokyo is much closer to lively entertainment, multitude of restaurants, bars and the like. The Conrad is more upscale, but expect more subdued neighborhoods, although some really fun spots can be found.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:53 pm

Apparently my diamond status expired a few months ago and now I’m just a Gold. Any experience with Golds getting upgraded to the executive lounge? We arrive next month.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:48 pm

I have a 5 night stay here coming up. We have 2 rooms booked for us and our 20 yr old daughter. As a Diamond I should be given access to the executive lounge. Any experience with whether they will extend it for both rooms? I've never had a hotel not, but in reading reviews it sounds like maybe I should book one regular room and one executive room. Or any option to buy access for one? I really could care less about which room we are assigned as we have pretty full days planned, but we like the lounge to relax at the end of the night and breakfast.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by E0503
I have a 5 night stay here coming up. We have 2 rooms booked for us and our 20 yr old daughter. As a Diamond I should be given access to the executive lounge. Any experience with whether they will extend it for both rooms? I've never had a hotel not, but in reading reviews it sounds like maybe I should book one regular room and one executive room. Or any option to buy access for one? I really could care less about which room we are assigned as we have pretty full days planned, but we like the lounge to relax at the end of the night and breakfast.
Email the property ahead of time and ask if benefits will extend to both rooms
E0503 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.