Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
I'm looking for advice on bus vs train from nrt to this hotel. There are 3 of us with non carryon suitcases arriving on a weekday at 5pm in February.
Airport Limo bus. Long drive, but point-to-point with no transfers.
Jerry Vandesic likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
I'm looking for advice on bus vs train from nrt to this hotel. There are 3 of us with non carryon suitcases arriving on a weekday at 5pm in February.
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Airport Limo bus. Long drive, but point-to-point with no transfers.
Agreed on the Limo Bus, especially for a first visit to this hotel. Door to door service and a little bit of a sightseeing tour coming in from rural Japan into central Tokyo.

The Narita Express is convenient as well, but being dropped off at the Shinjuku station and finding the hotel shuttle stop (or Taxi) can be a bit bewildering until one learns their way around that enormous train station.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Was there over New Years. Many areas of Shinjuku and other subway stations being renovated in advance of Olympics. Meaning some narrow areas.
I thought many times how I would not have wanted to walk through there with luggage unless I was sure I knew where I was going.

When we took the subway, we used the underground tunnel from the Hilton to the two nearest smaller stations Tochomae and Nishi-Shinjuku and avoided starting or ending at Shinjuku altogether. Just use the JR-East Train Info app to find which station gives you the best route to where you want to go.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
As others have said, no comparison - take the limousine bus.
Shinjuku station is a living organism, I've been going through there for 15 years and it still never ceases to amaze me the new areas I find.
Irregardless of construction, you don't have to take luggage within the station. It's not worth your time or hassle when there's an alternative.
If you want to change to the marunouchi line for nishi-shinjuku do it at another station, not at shinjuku
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I need to stay one night at Tokyo before flying out from HND late April. Right now I see 63K points. Is it a fair value or should I wait?

I only have 58K points though, if I do cash and points, will the taxes be covered as well, just like if I were to redeem a full 63K points?

Lowly gold 1 pax. Was going to book a cheap capsule hotel by HND but I’m a light sleeper and might as well use the Hilton points!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thank you all for your unanimous limo bus recommendation. You sold us.. It's not our first time in Tokyo but first time at this hotel, and I do remember shinjuku as really large, and you are all correct, not interested in finding our way around with all our luggage after a long two flights ..
ichigen likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Any experiences / comments on whether any of the Hilton restaurants are worth eating at?

DYNASTY
Chinese Cuisine reimagined - the chefs at Dynasty cook their signature Beijing duck in a dedicated oven, complemented by new interpretations of dim sum and a full range of traditional dishes from the vast regions of China. Experience a dynastic confluence of gastronomy at your favorite spot within the open space, with diverse interior designs, or in one of seven private dining rooms.

JUNISOH
Premium sushi, exquisite multicourse kaiseki, and a teppanyaki grill featuring selected ingredients await at Junisoh, where the cuisine reflects the twelve months of the Japanese culinary calendar. Antique timber is scattered in modern and sophisticated interior design which embodies the restaurant's concept of bringing new life into tradition.

METROPOLITAN GRILL
With an open kitchen, the chefs at Metropolitan Grill dynamically cook choice meat and seafood over a hardwood fire. Exquisite grilled dishes, including Aged Black Angus beef, Nordic Salmon and Canadian Lobster, are served against a rustic background of iron, brick and leather. Our restaurant is a 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here between Christmas and New Years for six nights; my third stay at the property, and first as a Diamond.

As a gold, even on points, the service was always great - upgraded in one case to a suite, and in the second to a very large room, even when booking a basic king.

The last stay was pretty bad. No upgrade - I didn't expect one because the hotel was sold out. But the bathroom was gross, there was grime on and around the bathtub where it would get wet but not scrubbed properly. I had a cleaner room at a 2* hotel in Osaka earlier in the stay.

For a while they were also doing a more intimate Japanese breakfast at Junisoh as an alternative to the buffet breakfast for elites/people with breakfast included in their room rate. The food was high quality and the experience was great. One of the things I was looking forward to, but apparently they stopped doing it a few months ago.

Halfway through the stay, after checking online and seeing many higher category room types and suites available I asked to switch, which they granted, but only to a premium room, despite 3+ categories of suites available. Supposedly that was the best available, but I don't really buy it. The room was a little bigger, but, most importantly, the bathroom was clean, so that was the primary thing I was looking for.

Overall I'm not sure I would stay there again after this disappointing experience. I don't got a Hilton that charges $300-600/night for a basic room to have a disgusting bathroom. The website says more room renovations are ongoing until May; not sure what that actually means though. The original room I was assigned had a recent carpet and otherwise looked like the pictures on the website, so it wasn't an old/unrenovated room as far as I can tell.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Doppy

Halfway through the stay, after checking online and seeing many higher category room types and suites available I asked to switch, which they granted, but only to a premium room, despite 3+ categories of suites available. Supposedly that was the best available, but I don't really buy it. The room was a little bigger, but, most importantly, the bathroom was clean, so that was the primary thing I was looking for.
You should have reported the dirty bathroom and asked to change to a better room immediately, not halfway thrugh the stay.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Were any of your prior stays during Xmas/New Year's week? I could see how a Diamond would not get an upgrade then but a Gold might on an off-peak time.
Since that is one of the busiest weeks of the year, I could see them holding suite inventory for last-minute cash bookings.

I was there from Dec 26 - Jan 2.
Stay was excellent and room was immaculate.
Breakfast was superb and it was nice having all options in one place. We went early in the mornings so never experienced the crowds. By far my favorite complimentary breakfast in Asia that was not a higher level property like JW Marriott or Ritz-Carlton.
Staff sent a personalized card and balloons to my 2 college age sons on New Year's Eve. Very nice touch.
No upgrade and never expected one.

If I had a dirty bathroom, I would have never unpacked a single bag and let them know immediately.
But if you go somewhere expecting an upgrade, then everything just looks and feels worse if you don't get one.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Doppy
Stayed here between Christmas and New Years for six nights; my third stay at the property, and first as a Diamond. ….

For a while they were also doing a more intimate Japanese breakfast at Junisoh as an alternative to the buffet breakfast for elites/people with breakfast included in their room rate. The food was high quality and the experience was great. One of the things I was looking forward to, but apparently they stopped doing it a few months ago.
I am sorry to hear this news.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:59 pm

Reviewed this property a couple times, but booked a base room on a mix of cash and AP rates. Upgraded as diamond pre arrival to a king exec and upgraded again at check in upon asking to a exec junior suite, which to me is as good as a tower suite (tower suite is a little generic to me).

Exceptional lounge staff as always, great presentations, helpful concierge, world class housekeeping standards. No faults at all in this stay. My go-to in Tokyo.
NoY, Jerry Vandesic and Charlie9 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
If I had a dirty bathroom, I would have never unpacked a single bag and let them know immediately.
But if you go somewhere expecting an upgrade, then everything just looks and feels worse if you don't get one.
True, it can cloud the stay. I didn't expect an upgrade in this case though because I knew at check-in that the hotel was sold out.

The reason I didn't try to move earlier is because I knew they were full, and I wasn't sure if all of the basic rooms were going to have the same cleanliness issues, so I figured I would wait until the rush was over and they were able to move me to a higher category.

I was disappointed that they canceled the Japanese breakfast! The buffet is pretty good, but not what I had my mind set on. After I saw the omelette guy lick ketchup off his fingers and go back to work I didn't eat eggs the rest of the trip though.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC S100k, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Stayed here for 2 nights Feb 29 - March 2. Was only upgraded to a King Executive. Considering a certain virus being about and a lot of people cancelling their trips, I had checked the app before and saw suites available but didn't bother inquiring about it at check in. Got 2 drink vouchers to use at either the 1st floor bar or 2nd floor bar.

I did get a nice view of the start of the Tokyo Marathon from the room though. On the 2nd day, the staff in the lounge said they were stopping the breakfast from the lounge. Not sure if it was for a day or for an extended period. The breakfast downstairs didn't have any lines but was disappointed that I couldn't try the Japanese breakfast as an amenity. Lounge in the afternoon was not packed either, plenty of seats to go around. The hotel lobby was pretty packed in the afternoon though with Japanese lining up for the strawberry dessert buffet.

I don't mind to walk to the JR Shinjuku station since winter is mild here and if it rained, it was light. I monitored the rate as my check in date drew closer and cancelled and rebooked a few times (on points). Finally was able to get the 2 nights for 47,000/night.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: AA PPro
Tokyo HIlton- HIgh prices

HI there, I was planning to go to Japan in June (and still hoping) but I have been tracking prices at the tokyo Hilton since January and they just seem to be inching upwards with no abatement. Are they just waiting to see what happens or are they figuring that is someone wants to travel at that time it must be important and they want their money?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.