Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Celine673:

Teamlab have two exhibits, one in Odaiba, and one in Toyosu. They are both quick access from Conrad and far from Hilton.
I would stay in the Conrad, do Odaiba (that Teamlab exhibit has more interactive things you can do with kids), walk around the Hamarikyu gardens if you like, and you can go into Shinbashi/Ginza for dinner/shopping.
Shinjuku is just hordes of people and I don't recommend bringing two kids into the hordes of salarymen and commuters at the train station. You only have one night so you won't be able to do much.
I used to be gold - free breakfast in the restaurant, no lounge access at Conrad, but having said that I've never received an upgrade at Conrad despite staying 6 times as diamond.
Hope that helps!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by peachy3
Celine673:

Teamlab have two exhibits, one in Odaiba, and one in Toyosu. They are both quick access from Conrad and far from Hilton.
I would stay in the Conrad, do Odaiba (that Teamlab exhibit has more interactive things you can do with kids), walk around the Hamarikyu gardens if you like, and you can go into Shinbashi/Ginza for dinner/shopping.
Shinjuku is just hordes of people and I don't recommend bringing two kids into the hordes of salarymen and commuters at the train station. You only have one night so you won't be able to do much.
I used to be gold - free breakfast in the restaurant, no lounge access at Conrad, but having said that I've never received an upgrade at Conrad despite staying 6 times as diamond.
Hope that helps!
That is incredibly helpful, thank you! Last question is - should I book the Conrad now or wait? Do they ever have flash sales? I ask because their reservations are all non refundable. Thanks again!!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Celine673
That is incredibly helpful, thank you! Last question is - should I book the Conrad now or wait? Do they ever have flash sales? I ask because their reservations are all non refundable. Thanks again!!
I went to TeamLab Borderless last year. Pre order the tickets. It might save you time in line.

You didn't ask, but there is a Hilton in Odaiba pretty near to the TeamLab site. It might be convenient as well, if you aren't finding sales at the Conrad.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:09 pm

Ok I hadn’t considered that Hilton. Is it as nice as the Conrad? Will definitely order our tickets in advance, thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Conrad does have sales but do not know the timings of when they usually are ( they can also have limited time 'flash sales' which are non refundable.

In terms of the hotel itself- The Conrad is a highert standard and nicer than the Hilton. It is close to beautiful gardens ( need to cross a traffic junction via lights three ways though, Ginza and the monorail to odaiba alothough the immediate area will be quieter at night. The Hilton Odaiba is very close to the Shopping centres, TV studios and observation decks and museums and entertainment centres of Odaiba ( as well as the replica Statue of Liberty)

regards

TBS
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Oh yes, I did forget about the Teamlab tickets. Buy them in advance, because they can also sell out!
Hilton Odaiba used to be a Nikko hotel and the furnishings are quite old. Don't get me wrong, almost all hotels in Japan are cleaner than elsewhere, but Conrad is a level or two above the Hilton Odaiba. Depends what you are after and budget. Hilton Odaiba is almost always cheaper. It takes longer to get anywhere from Odaiba though, so that is another point to take into consideration.
antebellum and Celine673 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

Diamond benefits for second room

Hello, I have a 4-night stay booked over Christmas this year (2019) as a Diamond. There are 4 of us (2 kids, but one is 19) so 2 rooms. Also booked with my company's discount code. My wife is a Gold. My question is, am I better off booking the second room (for the kids) under my name as a second room, or have my wife book it? Not clear on whether they will extend free breakfast in particular to another room, but seem like the safe thing would be to have my wife book it separately (maybe we'll still use my company discount code, since we'd check in together, and the discount is substantial). Both rooms are cash bookings.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:34 am

Hi, I will be visiting Tokyo in April 2020 with my family of four for a total of six nights. I plan on booking two rooms at Hilton Tokyo with points and free weekend night certificates. I don't have enough points for the Conrad. Both my wife and I are Diamond members. By taking advantage of the fifth night free, we will each spend 280k points. One will be for a standard king and the other as a standard twin room. And then we will both redeem our free weekend night certificates. As of now, it's 70k points per room night. And I'm hoping we will be upgraded with our status. Have we maximized our value or there is a better offer? I'm thinking we should just book now as I'm assuming that only the price itself may fluctuate between now and April 2020, and not the points required for each night. As a side note, I did take advantage of the 100% bonus points purchase offer that had ended last week. I'd purchased enough points to cover four nights as opposed to paying five nights out of pocket.

Hi, As a first timer visiting Tokyo, is it better to take the limo bus from NRT airport to Hilton Tokyo versus the express train? I'm willing to sacrifice some extra time than to go through the hassle of transferring. I'd prefer door to door service. And does the bus have luggage storage or I should use one of those luggage transport service at the airport? I'm schedule to land at 2:30pm local time. Thanks

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 27, 2019 at 7:00 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by maton
Hi, I will be visiting Tokyo in April 2020 with my family of four for a total of six nights. I plan on booking two rooms at Hilton Tokyo with points and free weekend night certificates. I don't have enough points for the Conrad. Both my wife and I are Diamond members. By taking advantage of the fifth night free, we will each spend 280k points. One will be for a standard king and the other as a standard twin room. And then we will both redeem our free weekend night certificates. As of now, it's 70k points per room night. And I'm hoping we will be upgraded with our status. Have we maximized our value or there is a better offer? I'm thinking we should just book now as I'm assuming that only the price itself may fluctuate between now and April 2020, and not the points required for each night. As a side note, I did take advantage of the 100% bonus points purchase offer that had ended last week. I'd purchased enough points to cover four nights as opposed to paying five nights out of pocket.
Hi maton,

Welcome to flyertalk and the Hilton forum.

What you are planning sounds reasonable. Upgrades maybe harder to get at weekends and depending when in April you go you may have the sakura ( cherry blossom ) season, people coming over for the easter break etc. As Diamond members you will get lounge access regardless.

The pointss required for each night could well increase ( if the standard room awards are all taken) as there would only be premium awards left.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:45 pm

Hi, As a first timer visiting Tokyo, is it better to take the limo bus from NRT airport to Hilton Tokyo versus the express train? I'm willing to sacrifice some extra time than to go through the hassle of transferring. I'd prefer door to door service. And does the bus have luggage storage or I should use one of those luggage transport service at the airport? I'm schedule to land at 2:30pm local time. Thanks
Can't comment on the train as I haven't taken it from NRT. We took the limo bus from NRT to the Hilton in April this year and it was definitely a good experience. It took about an hour from the airport to the front door of the Hilton at around 6pm. The limo bus ticket counter was right in front after we exited passport control, so it was very convenient. The bus had plenty of space for everyone's luggage.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:57 pm

For the Hilton Tokyo, the limo bus stops right at the Hilton's entrance, has plenty of space in the hold for luggage and offers free WiFi. It really is a no brainer and the closest affordable option for door to door service other than a private car or taxi.
NoY, muji and pmarrsouth like this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ZinCO
Hello, I have a 4-night stay booked over Christmas this year (2019) as a Diamond. There are 4 of us (2 kids, but one is 19) so 2 rooms. Also booked with my company's discount code. My wife is a Gold. My question is, am I better off booking the second room (for the kids) under my name as a second room, or have my wife book it? Not clear on whether they will extend free breakfast in particular to another room, but seem like the safe thing would be to have my wife book it separately (maybe we'll still use my company discount code, since we'd check in together, and the discount is substantial). Both rooms are cash bookings.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
I don't know if it depends on the property or region, but from my experience in the US the free breakfast with status covers up to 2 guests per room and 2 rooms. If your wife has gold, then it's safer to book the second room under her name.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:39 am

I don't know if it depends on the property or region, but from my experience in the US the free breakfast with status covers up to 2 guests per room and 2 rooms. If your wife has gold, then it's safer to book the second room under her name.
Gold vs. Diamond on cash booking means less bonus points. I believe policy is two rooms, 2 per room. So Diamond would be more beneficial.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:13 pm

I booked a King Deluxe at 52k points a night. What irks me is that a legit rate? Also, what is the deal with the shower? From the pics I've seen it doesn't even look like it has a drain. Unless that hose actually reaches over the tub.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by inter_change
Also, what is the deal with the shower? From the pics I've seen it doesn't even look like it has a drain. Unless that hose actually reaches over the tub.
Assume you mean a picture like this?

Yes, there is a drain in the floor of the shower. Some spray hits in the tub and goes that drain as well. Think of it as a large shower stall with a tub in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.