Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
You have to look at the room type. Hilton has not released many standard room awards past Sep 2019. I'm actually waiting on Oct myself, so I've been watching the last few months.
I see availability through March 20, then there's a gap (cherry blossom season?) then is available again April 6-May 11.

Also looks like it's pricing at 70k points. I believe this property was at 60.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:50 am

Haha, I'm a n00b. I should have checked future dates; I only went backward to March and assumed that it wasn't open from March 20th onward yet.

I was hoping to stay here on points for the 1st part of my Tokyo stay. Already have the Conrad booked for the 2nd part...

I might just book on a paid stay for now. Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
I see availability through March 20, then there's a gap (cherry blossom season?) then is available again April 6-May 11.

Also looks like it's pricing at 70k points. I believe this property was at 60.
Oh wow, that price bump to 70k is recent. It has been 60k the last months I've been checking. I never bothered to check beyond October, but they do seem to be withholding standard awards in Sep/Oct (presumably due to Rugby World Cup), and have availability outside of those months as you said. Really going to have to start debating if I can tentatively book Hyatt Regency as a backup due to the location.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Oh wow, that price bump to 70k is recent. It has been 60k the last months I've been checking. I never bothered to check beyond October, but they do seem to be withholding standard awards in Sep/Oct (presumably due to Rugby World Cup), and have availability outside of those months as you said. Really going to have to start debating if I can tentatively book Hyatt Regency as a backup due to the location.
Maybe the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympics leads to inflated hotel price....
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Maybe the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympics leads to inflated hotel price....
Hi,

It is probably more likely this rather than the 2020 Olympics

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...valuation.html

Several reports of hotels raising award prices by 10k which would tie in with the tokyo Hilton going to 70k

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Makes sense, they wouldn't want to release standard award blocks at 60k if they know 70k is around the corner. Guess I'm just going to lose out on some extra points.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:30 am

Booked 5 nights at standard price from 27 March next year about two weeks ago. I started monitoring almost daily since mid-April and as soon as it was released I booked. They still had standard awards available for maybe 3-4 days after that and it went back to premium awards at 121k.

On another note, does anyone know if they still allow upgrades for cash from award bookings? If so, what’s the price to upgrade to junior suite from standard room?

Last edited by metaphoreus; Jun 10, 2019 at 12:39 pm
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by metaphoreus
Booked 5 nights at standard price from 27 March next year about two weeks ago. I started monitoring almost daily since mid-April and as soon as it was released I booked. They still had standard awards available for maybe 3-4 days after that and it went back to premium awards at 121k.

On another note, does anyone if they still allow upgrades for cash from award bookings? If so, what’s the price to upgrade to junior suite from standard room?
Yes, you can contact the hotel to check their price for upgrading from your award booked room.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Looks like standard award availability has been wiped out after July 2019. I looked a few days ago and saw the new 70k pricing show up, but now there is 0 availability. Maybe Hilton got pissed that people complained about the 60k -> 70k bump and decided to remove all basic availability and only allow premium redemptions?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by araknis
Looks like standard award availability has been wiped out after July 2019. I looked a few days ago and saw the new 70k pricing show up, but now there is 0 availability. Maybe Hilton got pissed that people complained about the 60k -> 70k bump and decided to remove all basic availability and only allow premium redemptions?
i would guess standard redemptions during the Olympics period would go quick.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by araknis
Hilton uses yield management software to set room rates and availability of award redemptions, just like airlines do. If I remember correctly, Hilton is the first hotel chain to do so by purchasing yield management software from American Airlines. The change of redemption price and disappearance of award availability is simple software response based on demand and past stay history of the hotel. It is highly unlikely that Hilton did this on award availability at Hilton Tokyo because "they got pissed off" based on Honors member demand.

Hilton Tokyo is high occupancy hotel, actually all hotels in metropolitan Tokyo area experience high occupancy rate. Latest number by the government showed occupancy rate of hotels in Tokyo to be 86.3%, which includes western Tokyo prefecture which is not frequently used by visitors, when looking at metropolitan Tokyo area only then occupancy rate is higher. Hilton Tokyo experience this high occupancy rate all year long, Hilton Tokyo don't have to worry a lot about competitive rate and without providing award availability Hilton Tokyo can easily fill rooms by paid guests.
Cynicor and dagangwood like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:31 pm

Yep, i don't think we need a conspiracy theory for this one. If you read even the last 5 or so pages of this thread you'll see availability of standard rewards comes and goes with the wind.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Yep, i don't think we need a conspiracy theory for this one. If you read even the last 5 or so pages of this thread you'll see availability of standard rewards comes and goes with the wind.
And by wind, you mean supply vs. demand for rooms at any given time
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Hilton uses yield management software to set room rates and availability of award redemptions, just like airlines do. If I remember correctly, Hilton is the first hotel chain to do so by purchasing yield management software from American Airlines. The change of redemption price and disappearance of award availability is simple software response based on demand and past stay history of the hotel. It is highly unlikely that Hilton did this on award availability at Hilton Tokyo because "they got pissed off" based on Honors member demand.

Hilton Tokyo is high occupancy hotel, actually all hotels in metropolitan Tokyo area experience high occupancy rate. Latest number by the government showed occupancy rate of hotels in Tokyo to be 86.3%, which includes western Tokyo prefecture which is not frequently used by visitors, when looking at metropolitan Tokyo area only then occupancy rate is higher. Hilton Tokyo experience this high occupancy rate all year long, Hilton Tokyo don't have to worry a lot about competitive rate and without providing award availability Hilton Tokyo can easily fill rooms by paid guests.
Sorry, I was being facetious with my post. It looks like Hilton Japan is playing around with availability. As mentioned in my original post, there was *ZERO* single night availability last night up until this afternoon. Availability was fine over the weekend. Now, I see about 40% availability in July/August, but then 0 again through June 2020.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Windows at this hotel can NOT be opened for fresh air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.