Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Old May 10, 2019, 4:36 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
A pal of mine is here now. He confirms there is no free booze in the lounge, so no happy hour. He’s asked senior management and they confirm that’s the standard.

I’m shocked as there’s a recent post here from another FTer talking of the spirits, wine and cocktails?
There has always been a specific happy hour (IIRC 5-7pm or similar) with table service beer/wine/spirits, so if that is now no more, thats a major change
Old May 10, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s a false alarm... thank goodness.

Whats happened is that the staff have told him that it’s not available... he asked several times and at the desk and they all said it’s buy two get one free. But he’s gone there and it’s all as usual! Repeat... booze is there.

Because is this misinformation they didn’t go to the lounge last night... oh well!

Imagine my bevvie hands were shaking at the thought of nothing to calm my alcoholic nervousness 😂.
NoY likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Whats happened is that the staff have told him that it’s not available... he asked several times and at the desk and they all said it’s buy two get one free. But he’s gone there and it’s all as usual! Repeat... booze is there.

Because is this misinformation they didn’t go to the lounge last night... oh well!
That's very weird about the staff 🤔

But I'm glad that things remain the same in regards to the comp booze!
Old May 10, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

Imagine my bevvie hands were shaking at the thought of nothing to calm my alcoholic nervousness 😂.
They must have been referring to the bar, which is formally called the Andaman Lounge. I can assure you that my partner and I polished off a couple of bottle of gin in the Panorama Executive Lounge on our 10 day stay at the end of April As did most of the other guests present in fact.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Yes there is a buy one get one free happy hour in the andaman lounge in the lobby.

The drinks offering in the executive lounge was one of the best I have seen. Mojitos, gin martinis and so on
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Trying to burn my Aspire $250 resort credit, booked a "Hilton Suite" here for next week. This was highest available room type. Description just said "garden or sea view." I've stayed here enough times to know there are substantial differences between the various buildings, so I emailed reservations to ask what building I'd be in and what the view was. They responded that the suite would be either in the Saithong or Andaman wing, but beyond that it was all "subject to availability."

I really would not want to be in Saithong wing, so emailed back several times trying to get them to confirm building and view type, all they would say is "subject to availability." As a repeat Diamond guest booking a paid suite (and scheduled to arrive in only a few days), I felt they could at least make the effort to block me into a particular building and type of view. But they wouldn't do it. So I canceled and will stay elsewhere.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:22 pm

Hard to say, if they don’t know how to manage a hotel there properly or if they are just focused on guests from Russia, China and package tourists only and not interested in regular Hilton guests from Western countries anymore.

I’ve already decided not to find out, why the DIA treatment is as bad as it is and to stay at other hotels. Phuket is full of better, much better and much much better properties.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thbe
Hard to say, if they don’t know how to manage a hotel there properly or if they are just focused on guests from Russia, China and package tourists only and not interested in regular Hilton guests from Western countries anymore.

I’ve already decided not to find out, why the DIA treatment is as bad as it is and to stay at other hotels. Phuket is full of better, much better and much much better properties.
Yup. I'm just having trouble burning my $250 Aspire credit, and this seemed a good opportunity.

After I cancelled, they emailed and said if I rebooked, they would guaranty my room location. That was after two emails telling me it was strictly "subject to availabity."
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yup. I'm just having trouble burning my $250 Aspire credit, and this seemed a good opportunity.

After I cancelled, they emailed and said if I rebooked, they would guaranty my room location. That was after two emails telling me it was strictly "subject to availabity."
I can assure you that the pre-arrival information is always vague, but on arrival they go out of their way to accommodate requests, so I would have stuck with it. I am curious what you booked as an alternative, in the immediate vicinity there are not many options which would give you better treatment/recognition.

And I totally disagree with thbe about Diamond recognition. The Chinese/Russian tour groups have no status and get basic attention, the Diamond recognition in this hotel is excellent. If you have chosen to not check it out then you are not exactly qualified to give such strong opinions. I stay here every year as Diamond and have never been disappointed.
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
I can assure you that the pre-arrival information is always vague, but on arrival they go out of their way to accommodate requests, so I would have stuck with it. I am curious what you booked as an alternative, in the immediate vicinity there are not many options which would give you better treatment/recognition.
Previously they have been willing to confirm Andaman wing and sea view for me. And it's not like I was asking for an upgrade, I was already booked in the highest category they had for sale.

I'm staying at the Surin Phuket instead. I wasn't thrilled about the tour groups and the long drive from HKT to Karon; the refusal to confirm room location pushed me over the edge. (Note there is a new Sofitel M Gallery at Karon, which I also considered. It gets good reviews.)

I do agree the staff here always treated me very well.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
And I totally disagree with thbe about Diamond recognition. The Chinese/Russian tour groups have no status and get basic attention, the Diamond recognition in this hotel is excellent. If you have chosen to not check it out then you are not exactly qualified to give such strong opinions. I stay here every year as Diamond and have never been disappointed.
Where do you have the information, that I didn’t check it out? I’ve staid there a couple of times in the last years and after my last stays in November 2018/January 2019/March 2019 I’ve decided not to stay there again. I‘m coming to Thailand for more than 25 years, the last ten years about 12 to 15 times every year.

Maybe we have different expectations. To give you an example: The last three times I’ve booked a Deluxe suite. The description says ‘panoramic ocean view’ and the picture of the room shows exactly that. Actually they have some Deluxe suites which really offer a panoramic ocean view. But they also have some Deluxe suites without that. My expectations as a DIA with a Deluxe suite booking is not to get one of the worst Deluxe suites, especially if most of the better ones were given away as an upgrade to non-DIAs (as a management member told me). I think, they should know their rooms and they should know which are better and which are not really matching the booking description. And I think, they should give the better ones to full payers and DIAs and the best ones to full paying DIAs. I also think, they should have a process/plan/rule to make that sure. At the Hilton Phuket they don‘t waste a second to think about that.

Maybe I’m staying at Conrads and WAs too often and so I’m expecting too much from Hiltons. On the other hand I‘ve experienced Hiltons who cares about DIAs in a much better way.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:28 am

Hello,
Is there Hilton beach chairs across street? also is there drinks service on beach?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by indifly
Hello,
Is there Hilton beach chairs across street? also is there drinks service on beach?

Hi. No and no. Public beach. You can rent chairs in some areas but not near Hilton
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:21 am

Thanks for update
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Anyone stayed here recently? Wondering if it's worth keeping Aspire for Diamond status for next year's stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.