Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
The hotel send me a welcome email for our stay next week.
They offered 500 THB + 18.7% tax per night to upgrade my room (basic king room booked during Asia sale) to a Deluxe Plus Sea View Room and I took the offer. It was cheaper than upgrading the room through the Hilton app.

Also saw this in their email:

Is the dinner worth it?

Morning. As Diamond, you will most likely get upgrade to Junior Suite, lotus wing. They are good at pre-upgrade and should show on app day before or the morning of arrival.

The buffet is a good spread. Worth checking with them first as different nights have themes. So it may be one you don't like.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit

Is the dinner worth it?
Considering local prices, no.
NoY, flockavelliFT and nunogomes like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Is the dinner worth it?
If you don't want to stroll out of the hotel to the many restaurants just a 10 min walk away then you might find it "worth it". If you like a hotel-style buffet. Value wise you can be sure it's much cheaper out of the hotel. Not forgetting that you will also have lounge access which also has a smaller buffet style offering - personally if I have a few drinks and snacks in the lounge then I wouldn't want to indulge in a huge pricey buffet afterwards. A thai style curry at a local place suits me fine.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by evergrn

EL: As mentioned above, no food outside of breakfast and evening cocktail (5-6.30pm) hours. But they do offer you non-alcoholic beverages. Drinks are not self-serve there. Breakfast offering is decent and offers ~half of what's offered downstairs in the restaurant. Diamonds have the option to east downstairs, of course. Evening spread is quite impressive, even compared to other properties in Asia, with many different hot high-quality items. But Panorama Lounge gets quite busy during even cocktail. There's an overflow lounge area setup in Saitong Bldg, though. Kids under 10 are no allowed in Panorama Lounge after 5pm, so families with smaller kids go to the overflow lounge. No buffet spread in the overflow "lounge." They bring plates of food to your table there.
On their website it says that kids under 16 are not allowed in the lounge after 17h30 pm. Is it really enforced or do they accept kids over 10 ?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by zboub345
On their website it says that kids under 16 are not allowed in the lounge after 17h30 pm. Is it really enforced or do they accept kids over 10 ?
They definitely enforce it. I went in with my 8yo daughter and the lady came over, asked how old she was and then told us she couldn't stay. But when we were there last Nov, it was no kids under 10. Either they changed the policy or the website must be incorrect.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:12 am

I can't tell if I am stepping on someone else's thread or this is the main thread for Hilton Arcadia. We are spending four nights in phuket mid April 2019. So, in two weeks. Marriott dropped me to gold, I am Hilton Diamond, and Platinum IHG. I was leaning toward the Arcadia to take advantage of my status. We are in our sixties but very mobile and not prone to laying out on a beach. Love food and beverage. I am not excited about renting a car or even driving a car while also not excited about being locked in to a square mile of walking distance. During this trip (brought on by the Cathay Pacific mistake fare), we are also visiting Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Bangkok. So, if I could ask a favor, does anything believe that the Hilton is the place for us, or should we stay on the other side or closer to town? I took a survey and it recommended Kamala beach and so I was going to look at some non brand hotels there. (any recommendations?). We are well travelled but this trip has rushed up on us and I am trying to not sound like the accidental tourist that hasn't done any research and wants someone else to do it. I like the price range of the Hilton which is right now on sale for 3000 TB per night and I would not be happy with anything over $250 a night.

so ultimately I would like some advice about the ability to get away from the Hilton for exploring the island, would tour companies avoid picking us up at the hotel, are there restaurants and bars within walking distance of the Hilton, any shuttles? We definitely don't want Patong, but food and beverage typically drives our trips. I will sincerely appreciate any guidance.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
There's many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel along the beach road. If you decide to go into Phuket you will be at the mercy of the taxis which que up on the beach road in front of the hotel. Last time I stayed there some time ago the taxis where charging 400 baht firm (about $12 USD) each way.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by pentiumii
I can't tell if I am stepping on someone else's thread or this is the main thread for Hilton Arcadia. We are spending four nights in phuket mid April 2019. So, in two weeks. Marriott dropped me to gold, I am Hilton Diamond, and Platinum IHG. I was leaning toward the Arcadia to take advantage of my status. We are in our sixties but very mobile and not prone to laying out on a beach. Love food and beverage. I am not excited about renting a car or even driving a car while also not excited about being locked in to a square mile of walking distance. During this trip (brought on by the Cathay Pacific mistake fare), we are also visiting Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Bangkok. So, if I could ask a favor, does anything believe that the Hilton is the place for us, or should we stay on the other side or closer to town? I took a survey and it recommended Kamala beach and so I was going to look at some non brand hotels there. (any recommendations?). We are well travelled but this trip has rushed up on us and I am trying to not sound like the accidental tourist that hasn't done any research and wants someone else to do it. I like the price range of the Hilton which is right now on sale for 3000 TB per night and I would not be happy with anything over $250 a night.

so ultimately I would like some advice about the ability to get away from the Hilton for exploring the island, would tour companies avoid picking us up at the hotel, are there restaurants and bars within walking distance of the Hilton, any shuttles? We definitely don't want Patong, but food and beverage typically drives our trips. I will sincerely appreciate any guidance.
I think it’s a decent choice, and 3000 baht seems a good price.

The taxi’s are a rip off, I don’t know if Grab operates there or not. We last stayed here more than a decade ago, and I thought they had Baht buses to ride. (Pickup trucks with benches in them, a sort of local bus ride) for $1 or so.

I think tour companies can pick you up with no problem at the hotel.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Instead of taxis, use the Grab App or Navigo Thailand app .It will be much cheaper than taxis.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Chang11
There's many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel along the beach road. If you decide to go into Phuket you will be at the mercy of the taxis which que up on the beach road in front of the hotel. Last time I stayed there some time ago the taxis where charging 400 baht firm (about $12 USD) each way.
Plenty of restaurants and they always satisfy me. I'm not sure however if they would satisfy "food and beverage" lovers if they are looking for something more gourmet. Most of them are fairly simple. It's a brisk 10-15 minute walk towards Karon if you are up for that. Also a few options in the opposite direction. "On the Rock" at the Marina Phuket Resort would be my top tip.

Tour companies will definitely pick up at the hotel, not a problem. And the THB3000 price point is good.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is a decent place to stay so long as you're not expecting a 5* experience. I'd call it 4* minus, with a great staff. Kata has lots of restaurants, but that's a little far to walk (which is why I typically have rented a scooter). To me, the biggest minus (apart from the cost-cutting by management) is the distance from the airport.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Additionally, the grounds are quite expansive with very tropical ambience.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
We have just stayed here for four nights for the first time.

The hotel is a good 50 minutes from the airport with no traffic. It could take rather longer. We used pre booked Klook which worked very well in both directions: On time and very reasonable.

We had booked a Hilton Suite which was what we got. However in the absence of an upgrade we were offered either a theme meal with soft drinks or 2 drinks vouchers a day. I thought this was a very nice touch. Not something you would receive at the Conrad Bangkok for instance.

The staff were all delightful ; always a smile and often addressed by name. The management team were approachable and always present, not hiding away. The GM was often seen out and about, visited the Executive Lounge and held a GM drinks party to which we were invited.

The room was spacious with a huge balcony with two sets tables and chairs and sun beds.
It was a little tired but comfy and had a Thai feel to it which was welcome. Fresh flowers in the room and a Nespresso box and sweet touches such as an old wooden games box. Daily turn down with little touches such as a bookmark , hand made for my book left open and a little glass jar with a flower for our pens left. Excellent standard of cleaning and care.

Lovely executive lounge with wonderful views and a balcony. A full selection of cocktails, spirits, wines and fizz, all served but we never ran dry. Excellent selection of hot and cold food, always replenished , better than the Conrad Bangkok.

4 swimming pools, excellent breakfast if busy as one restaurant was closed.

Just across a not to busy road is the beach; they even have a chap to help you cross safely. The beach was clean the sea warm with miles to walk.

A short walk from town; about 15 mins.

All in all really excellent
NoY and Kacee like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Chang11
Or you could drive.

By the time you get from the airport to the hotel and back and take a couple of taxi trips you could have hired a decent safer car and avoided the local taxi mafia and their poor quality vehicles at outrageous prices.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A pal of mine is here now. He confirms there is no free booze in the lounge, so no happy hour. He’s asked senior management and they confirm that’s the standard.

I’m shocked as there’s a recent post here from another FTer talking of the spirits, wine and cocktails?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.