Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:26 pm

I liked the Junior Suite in the Lotus wing. But the sea view from Andamen A is better and is also easier to leave/enter the hotel to/from the beach road than at the official entrance.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Andaman wing is renovated, for what that's worth. I reviewed the Deluxe Suite with photos earlier in this thread.

Afraid not all yet. The one I had was very old and run down. Also noisy from bar etc.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:45 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
By now, the Ikea quality furniture in the updated rooms is going to be less than pristine as well.

To me, the biggest downside of the Lotus wing is the noise from the circular atrium.
I never experienced any disturbance from noise in the Lotus Wing. YMMV, of course.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NoY
I never experienced any disturbance from noise in the Lotus Wing. YMMV, of course.
If you read this thread, it is a very common complaint. For instance from earlier in August:
Originally Posted by gav0106
Online showed Junior Suite Garden view. These rooms while look nice are in fact awful. They are in Lotus wing and the noise echos. People slam doors which are solid wooden. Tour groups and families shout at each other from one floor to another as it is a circle layout.
This was exactly my experience in the Lotus Wing as well.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:06 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
If you read this thread, it is a very common complaint. For instance from earlier in August:
This was exactly my experience in the Lotus Wing as well.
Erm, please get your facts right. if YOU read this thread, you will note that I never said that others were not affected by noise - I said that I was not - that is my experience, whether you like it or not
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:17 am

Deluxe Plus Seaview (Andaman) -vs- Junior Suite (Lotus)

So what I'm getting is:
- Lotus Wing: has the EL; potentially noisy; rooms not updated
- Andaman Wing: rooms more likely to have been renovated more recently, but no guarantees that the room will be nice; better access to the beach; far from EL.

I'm booked into Deluxe Plus Seaview room (supposed to be in Andaman), and you guys are telling me that Diamond upgrade would be to Junior Suite in Lotus.
If it were you, would you accept the upgrade or turn it down?

My order of priorities:
1. Clean, upscale room.
2. Quiet in terms of not hearing your immediate neighbors (walls with good sound insulation).
3. View from room.
4. Ease of getting to EL (would not want to be >5min away).
5. Quiet in terms of outside noise.
6. Ease of access to pools.
7. Ease of access to beach.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
1. Andaman likely better
2. No real difference
3. Andaman likely better
4. Probably ~5 minutes from Andaman; very close in Lotus
5. No real difference; both quiet
6. Both have easy access to pools as the pools span between the wings
7. Andaman clearly better

Junior suites are more junior than suite if I'm honest.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:35 am

The Hilton Phuket is a hotel for tourists with many guests from China and Russia and families. So it's not a really quiet and private property. In the Lotus Wing noise appears to be louder than usual. As far as I remember, it's not about the noise coming trough the wall, it's about the noise coming through the door of your room.

Anyway, it depends on the occupancy if you have a choice or not. The hotel has the right to upgrade you, as long as it is really an upgrade. The genereal Diamond handling there is not really good. They don't think too much about your stay.

If I were you, I would take it like it comes. There is no clear winner with your priorities from my point of view.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thbe
If I were you, I would take it like it comes. There is no clear winner with your priorities from my point of view.
Agreed.
Originally Posted by NoY
Erm, please get your facts right. if YOU read this thread, you will note that I never said that others were not affected by noise - I said that I was not - that is my experience, whether you like it or not
I get the YMMV part, but someone would have to be extremely noise insensitive not to notice the noise from the atrium in the Lotus wing. It's a particular feature of the building's design and most who have stayed there have identified it as an issue in those rooms.

Moving on, I actually think the seaview from Lotus wing is better than Andaman, particularly on higher floors, because you're much farther from the road.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:18 am

I haven't stayed here in years, but am familiar with the property from before it was badged to Hilton. Diamond recognition used to be stellar. My wife and I were always upgraded to a suite, with EL access. On one occasion, they decorated the exterior of our room door with a festive sign saying, "Welcome home," .No Russian or Chinese tour groups at the time, mainly Westerners and Singaporeans.

Last edited by flyme2; Sep 19, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyme2
I haven't stayed here in years, but am familiar with the property from before it was badged to Hilton. Diamond recognition used to be stellar. My wife and I were always upgraded to a suite, with EL access. On one occasion, they decorated the exterior of our room door with a festive sign saying, "Welcome home," .No Russian or ChoneCh tour groups at the time, mainly Westerners and Singaporeans.
Had the "Welcome Home" greeting on my last stay in a junior suite, in lotus petals on my bed. For some reason, they thought they had "upgraded" me to it even though that was actually the booked room type.

I can honestly say that I've never been disturbed by other tourists in the Lotus Wing or elsewhere but then I do tend to zone out a bit when I'm there because it's so relaxing.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:03 am

Ok thanks.
So some differences in opinions and no clearcut winner here although, based on Cymro's response, it seems like the Andaman wing has a slight edge in general over Lotus. Based on that, I might turn down an upgrade to Jr Suite in Lotus wing.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: hilton
KING DELUXE GARDEN VIEW - Upgrade ??

We are considering Phuket Hilton and the SEA sale with a basic room and wonder as a gold level HH member how the upgrade works for basic rooms ?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Points Payne
We are considering Phuket Hilton and the SEA sale with a basic room and wonder as a gold level HH member how the upgrade works for basic rooms ?
Depends on availability, which is depends on occupancy, which depends on season.

As they don't upgrade Diamonds for sure in high season, you can not be sure as Gold as well. High season starts mid/end of November.

But of course the chance to get an upgrade from a basic room is always higher than from a suite.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Points Payne
I'm staying there for the first time in a couple months. Although I've never stayed at this property and I'm reading reports here of people getting upgraded to Jr Suite, I no longer anticipate any upgrade at Hilton. I booked Deluxe Plus Seaview, because that's the room type I think I'd be happy with assuming no upgrade.

I think these days you have to assume no upgrade. I'm Diamond and I've stayed in probably over a dozen different properties over the past year in HKG, Jpn, SIN, USA, Canada. I honestly cannot recall getting a single actual upgrade (not counting "upgrade" from Standard King to Executive King which is not at all an upgrade for someone who gets EL access regardless).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.