Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Leo123
From the pictures it looks like some of the rooms have been refurbished. I`am booking 7 night stay there in January and want to secure best room possible but even the Junior suite looks more dated than some of the normal rooms. Does anyone know what rooms are the "new ones" if i add that to the reservation and ask specific wing?
I sent mail to the hotel but no luck from there.

Thank you!
Junior Suites older, but we prefer them. In same wing as lounge. I like the wood style.
The new suite we had was nice, but felt cold and as mentioned not that great a standard. It is far from main areas as well and lounge
Leo123 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gav0106
I like the wood style.
I do, too. They let me stay in one of the older rooms for a few hours after I had checked out my Deluxe Suite last time and I thought it was pretty nice. Jr. Suite is probably the best value at this property.

There are lots of positives here, including beautiful, expansive grounds and very nice staff, but just keep in mind that this is not a 5* property, and that it now attracts lots of Chinese tour groups.
Leo123 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by Kacee
I do, too. They let me stay in one of the older rooms for a few hours after I had checked out my Deluxe Suite last time and I thought it was pretty nice. Jr. Suite is probably the best value at this property.

There are lots of positives here, including beautiful, expansive grounds and very nice staff, but just keep in mind that this is not a 5* property, and that it now attracts lots of Chinese tour groups.
I don't know whether that's better or worse than the Russian tour groups that were staying there the last time I was there. I could probably handle the Chinese after living in Shanghai for two years.

I hope they don't refurbish the Junior Suites. They're great rooms and the style fits Thailand.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
I don't know whether that's better or worse than the Russian tour groups that were staying there the last time I was there.
It's better. And I probably should have just said "large tour groups" as that's the truly salient fact (as opposed to any particular nationality).
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: Lifetime Diamond, EBG, BA Gold,SQ Silver, Marriott GLD,SPG Plat.Emirates Silver,DL PM.
Thumbs down waste of money, don't go

After being here I can only say, DON'T GO, everything is so old and overpriced
so even they offer rates from 3300 THB++ around New Year is not worth the money.
If you have Lounge access you get leftovers from their restaurants
from day before. People who work here is still smiling and very nice but
the management is... don't know what to say..but NOT good.
Good advice... Save your money and find another place in Phuket
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Hanspeter
After being here I can only say, DON'T GO, everything is so old and overpriced
so even they offer rates from 3300 THB++ around New Year is not worth the money.
If you have Lounge access you get leftovers from their restaurants
from day before. People who work here is still smiling and very nice but
the management is... don't know what to say..but NOT good.
Good advice... Save your money and find another place in Phuket
Can you please be more specific what exactly was not up to your expectations? What kind of rate and room did you have?

Any other fellow FTers stayed there recently?

I have booked flexible reservation for February. Everything is on the expensive side in February. Hilton would be natural preference for a HHonors diamond member.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69

I have booked flexible reservation for February.
+1
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
Can you please be more specific what exactly was not up to your expectations? What kind of rate and room did you have?

Any other fellow FTers stayed there recently?

I have booked flexible reservation for February. Everything is on the expensive side in February. Hilton would be natural preference for a HHonors diamond member.
I've been there 1 1/2 months ago. I liked the Junior Suite with Sea view. Nice room and in good condition. The breakfast was good.

There is a road, which you have to cross on your way to the beach. The service was more average than good. Some staff members were very nice, other where overburdened. Didn't get an upgrade, but I've heard that the potential upgrade doesn't offer better rooms than the Junior Suite. I've rented a car and that Hilton is not well organized for that. I agree, that it is not the best managed Hilton.

Karon beach is a good trade-off of Patong and Kata or Kata not beach. But it is a trade-off. If you prefer Patong, you better stay there. If you want it more calm, stay at a less crowded beach.

All in all it's a good hotel, but more the kind of a hotel that is included in a package tour. More mass than class. Phuket is full of very good hotels and most of the luxury hotels are better than the Hilton, but many of them are more expensive as well.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I stayed there last year and am returning in May. I liked the property a lot. Sure, there are a lot of Russians but I thought the property was well managed, having a car wasn't really a problem (probably a good idea and even necessary, even though the walk to the car park is quite long). Overall, I'm sure there are many better hotels and many cheaper ones, and as you say, it's neither completely secluded nor in the thick of Patong, but it is a good compromise - and at 2,600 THB in May for a junior suite (standard rooms below 2k) I really can't see what there is to complain about.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by thbe
There is a road, which you have to cross on your way to the beach.
All the hotels in Karon (and virtually all in Kata) are across the road (or farther) from the beach. Of the various reasons to criticize this property, I don't find that to be one of them.

The biggest issue I have is that the management is exceptionally cheap.

Originally Posted by Cymro
Sure, there are a lot of Russians
They're gone. Replaced by Chinese.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:38 am

All the hotels in Karon (and virtually all in Kata) are across the road (or farther) from the beach. Of the various reasons to criticize this property, I don't find that to be one of them.
Actually that is the reason, why I booked another hotel for my next trip to Phuket. I like rooms or villas close to the beach or waterfront and that is not what you get at that Hilton. Phuket offers much more nice spots than Karon or Kata. Btw: The Meridien isn't across the road from the beach.

The biggest issue I have is that the management is exceptionally cheap.
The management is obviously focussing on the staff being very friendly. They meet that goal, so I wouldn't call it exceptionally cheap. With more than 650 rooms and a lot of guests from China or Russia it's maybe the right concept, even if they disappoint some DIA members.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:56 am

The Meridien isn't across the road from the beach.
Right, but that's not on Karon beach. A much more expensive property as well.

The management is obviously focussing on the staff being very friendly.
The staff here has always been exceptional. I think that's their nature, rather than any effort on management's part.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:16 pm

I had a stay during Divali last October. Even though the hotel was very busy, I thought it was pretty good.

I was upgraded to a seaview room as gold and the view was lovely. Breakfast was fine too.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by camsean

I was upgraded to a seaview room as gold and the view was lovely. Breakfast was fine too.
Breakfast was free as a gold, right?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:53 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
afaik yes !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.