Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock {US-AR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock {US-AR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock {US-AR}

Hi Guys,
Has anyone ever stayed at the Little Rock Doubletree? I stayed there 7/5 & 7/6 and was very disappointed at the overall condition of the hotel. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and I found the resturant to have great food at reasonable prices. Does anyone have any other suggestions for hotels in the downtown Little Rock area?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:47 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Although not in the heart of downtown, the Hilton Little Rock was very recently remodeled. It should be fairly nice.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:38 am

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Recent Reports?

Any recent stays? Have a June meeting at the Peabody but really need a Hilton stay. Have no status. TripAdvisor reports are not encouraging, though there may be new beds.

Thanks for any reports.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:04 am

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
bump ...
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, NW GE MM, US Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gatorboy
Any recent stays? Have a June meeting at the Peabody but really need a Hilton stay. Have no status. TripAdvisor reports are not encouraging, though there may be new beds.

Thanks for any reports.
I would suggest either the Peabody or the Marriott Courtyard downtown
not the Hilton or the Doubletree
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:14 pm

If you really need the Hilton chain, I'd stay at the Embassy Suites in West Little Rock near the junction of 630 and 430. 15 mins to downtown.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marr - PLT; HHon - DMD; AA PLT; SPG - GLD
Although the original post is quite outdated, I have to agree on the Doubletree Little Rock. I was in town for a week and bolted from there after one night. Filthiest hotel I've ever stayed in.

I am frequently in LR for business and divide my time between the Courtyard Marriott Downtown (have stayed in the CY West - Financial District - not a big fan of this one) and the Hilton Little Rock North Metro, depending on what points I want at the time.

The CY Downtown has a great location right across the street from the River Market downtown.

The Hilton is a 15 minute drive or so out of town near the area known as the Financial Center. This is about a block from the ES mentioned in a previous post.

CY is kind of hip, urban - has room service from a local restaurant and great location. Clean, fresh rooms. Bar in lobby. Walk a few steps to numerous restaurants/bars. Walk a block or so to Clinton Library.

Hilton is actually very quiet despite location near highway. Restaurant and room service. Bar in lobby. Business center tends to have issues - something's always broken. The hotel is nicer on the inside than it looks outside - it's older architecture - 3 stories. Rooms have a soothing tan/beige theme - very comfy beds (imo, I tend to find Marriott beds more comfortable in general than Hilton, but this Hilton has great beds). Flat screen TV's. Ask for room on pool side so you can open door and get fresh air. (Be aware though - front desk personnel sometimes have trouble figuring out which rooms are poolside and which aren't - strange but true.) I have always found it to be very clean.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:20 am

lounge open 7 days

Just a quick update on this property. It was updated a year or two ago and now lounge is open 7 days a week-3 hours for breakfast and 3 hours in evening. So...they no longer give breakfast certs for the restaurant...BOOOO!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
I stayed here Oct 2012 and while the communal areas were a little dated (note: dated, not unclean!) the rooms are very nice and modern with the bed one of the more comfortable I have experienced. The lounge was standard fare, but hey, at least they have one.

A quick bite for breakfast in the lounge was our only experience of dining in the hotel so I can’t speak to the quality of the restaurant. This is due, in no small part, to the excellence of the location for downtown Littlerock so we had ample opportunity to eat elsewhere.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
DoubleTree by Hilton Little Rock - Tiny rooms, slow kitchen, slow elevators

DoubleTree by Hilton Little Rock

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

424 W Markham St Little Rock, AR US 72201

Tiny rooms, slow kitchen, slow elevators (0 Photo)

Just finished 3 nights at this hotel while working in the area & I was never so glad to leave a hotel as I was this one. Upon arrival, if one looks up, one will see 14 floors of rust stains coming from every window, courtesy of the AC units. Yes, it's a sign of how poorly maintained the hotel is. First night the AC in my room wasn't working & the engineer who, after arguing with me about it, finally opened the unit up to find the filter clogged w/several inches of dust; it's a miracle none of it had caught fire. Once the unit was able to 'breathe' again, it was amazing how much better it worked. Unfortunately, it still sounded like there was a plane taking off in the very tiny room, which is problem number 2 with this hotel-these are the smallest hotel rooms I have ever seen in my life, especially for a DT. The room I had was so small there was no space for any seating other than the desk chair & barely enough room to squeeze in a place for my suitcase. Further, the room had a balcony overlooking the river, but absolutely no weatherproofing or soundproofing-it was a toss up as to which was louder, the traffic or the AC. Bathroom featured the standard Hilton bad lighting, though 'enhanced' with the red/orange wallpaper someone thought was a good idea. Door to the hall is far too small for the doorframe it is in which translated into copious amounts of hallway light pouring thru at night. We tried the bar for dinner on Wednesday night & at 5:30 it took the kitchen 45+ minutes & 2 tries to get a hamburger done. Interestingly, this DT does have a concierge lounge which does a fairly nice breakfast & evening reception, plus has Pepsi products available, another surprise considering this is a Hilton hotel, which typically have Coke products. The hotel has shuttle service to/from the airport-not sure how to access it from the airport (we used Uber), but if you need it to go back to the airport, don't count on the shuttle or the driver being at the front door at the scheduled departure times. Not only did the front desk have to call the driver, we then had to go track him & the shuttle down outside on the driveway-guess he was hoping that if he hid in the shuttle & hid the shuttle out of view, no one would bother him. Finally, a word of warning-be sure to check your bill before departure. I had 2 rooms booked under the same confirmation#, at the same rate, and checked in at the same time, yet somehow by the time we checked out, the rate on one had increased by more than $50/night. It took the staff more than 45 minutes to fix it (just how I wanted to start my day) & even then they tried more than once to shoo me away w/promises that they'd fix it & e-mail me a new receipt. Manager at the front desk during all of said said she would provide a service recovery of double my HH points, which was an empty gesture, given that those points cost the hotel absolutely nothing, but in the end, that never happened.

Would not recommend the hotel right now but it is under renovation (the 13th floor has been gutted), so that may change once it's done.

Tiny rooms, slow kitchen, slow elevators

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Little Rock?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.