Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Beverly Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Does that $15 cover a continental breakfast? If not, I suggest contacting them via the Hilton App after you check in and complain. I have done this at a few other properties to resolve this "voucher for $10 that doesn't even cover the cost of a continental" issue.
It does cover a muffin and a coffee at their lobby cafe and they claim that's "continental breakfast"
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
I stayed there this week. The food credit is $20/p, so you get $40 credit/day per room. The continental breakfast down stairs at the restaurant is $22.50/person. It has a great selection. It pays to spend the extra $3/person to eat here.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So why not just offer $25/$50 daily, so it includes the full Continental Breakfast?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I are staying one day in LA on the way to NZ in Feb; originally I thought just book an airport hotel rent a car and drive around the next day - we don’t get in until 11 pm and leave 10:30 pm. Now I’m thinking, step it up and stay someplace nice - hang out at the hotel until they kick us out, store our luggage then head to LAX around 7. I wouldn’t mind spending 95k for the Waldorf, Beverly Hilton sounds kind of average, maybe the DT? Any suggestions would be great.

i think I’ll tell my wife we are staying at Motel 6, let her be surprised.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Does anyone have info on room 724 or similar on another floor? I booked in a King Bed Studio Suite, and there's a fair number of rooms in the Wilshire tower available. 724 looked interesting being a unique layout right on the "hinge" on the south side of the hotel. As a first-time stayer, did I make the right choice selecting this room at checkin or should I call and change to a "normal" studio in Wilshire tower?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Guitarthur
Does anyone have info on room 724 or similar on another floor? I booked in a King Bed Studio Suite, and there's a fair number of rooms in the Wilshire tower available. 724 looked interesting being a unique layout right on the "hinge" on the south side of the hotel. As a first-time stayer, did I make the right choice selecting this room at checkin or should I call and change to a "normal" studio in Wilshire tower?

I stayed in a king studio suite in the Wilshire Tower in 2016 and it was fabulous. I had a balcony which overlooked the drop-off circle entrance of the hotel. I don't remember the room number so not sure if it's similar to what you booked. It was one large room with king bed and nice seating area and a nice long bathroom. We were 2 adults and 1 kid and it was comfortable for us.

The first night we had to stay in the Oasis section because our room was not available. Big difference. I highly recommend staying in the Wilshire Tower.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Guitarthur
Is it at the end of the hallway and appears a bit smaller in the map than the rest of the studio suites? If so, I stayed in that room on the 4th floor and really enjoyed it. It is smaller than the other studio suites, but it has a wraparound background with more windows and was so bright with a good view. Black out shades worked well despite the extra windows for the night time. It is also quiet, with only having neighbors on one side. If space is your number one concern choose a regular studio suite. If a large balcony/more windows sound appealing stick with 724.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like both will be great, I’ll ask at check in for the change to the Wilshire tower if available and be happy either way.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Stayed here last weekend. At 60k points a night, its not a bad value when the rates are high. While the Waldorf next door appear to be nicer, both have lots of Bentley's and Lambo's parked out front... It is frustrating that they only give you $20 food and beverage credit when continental breakfast is $22. But its nice that it can be used for anything including room service or drinks at the pool.
more details here. https://truptravels.com/2018/08/22/r...everly-hilton/
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:31 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by truptravels
It is frustrating that they only give you $20 food and beverage credit when continental breakfast is $22. But its nice that it can be used for anything including room service or drinks at the pool.
more details here. https://truptravels.com/2018/08/22/r...everly-hilton/
Stayed there recently for a night. I really enjoyed the property, staff and rooms. I was upgraded to a junior suite (760) that had a nice layout and space.

The $20 credit per guest (2 max) per night is still in effect. The continental breakfast in the restaurant (Circa 55) is $15 for Honors members, so it's a generous benefit since after tax and tip, you'll be right around $20. I opted for the omelette, at $20.95, which was still a good value for a nice hot option.

I did, however, not receive the $40 credit on my bill, as there were 2 of us on a one night stay. Had to call billing a few days after my stay and they promptly refunded me $40.

Last edited by PHL; Feb 20, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at Beverly Hilton on 3/16 using my HH Amex Aspire free weekend night benefit. I've stayed at the hotel a few times and find it to be a nice hotel in a great location. I may be old school but I love the fact that on Sunday morning they stack the LA Times and NY Times on each floor by the elevator. I used my $20/person credit (me and wife) to order room service. The credit applied to not just the food but also tax, service charge, and mandatory gratuity.

When I checked in I received a text asking if everything was OK. I (somewhat) sarcastically replied, "Yes, but it would be better if you waived the parking charge." Lo and behold, when I checked out there was no parking charge on my account. It hadn't been credited - it just wasn't there. This mystified both the front desk clerk as well as the parking lot attendant.

Had lunch at Cafe Mauro at Fred Segal - very good. Had cocktails at TomTom - very good. Had dinner at Dan Tana's - meh.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by PHL
Stayed there recently for a night. I really enjoyed the property, staff and rooms. I was upgraded to a junior suite (760) that had a nice layout and space.

The $20 credit per guest (2 max) per night is still in effect. The continental breakfast in the restaurant (Circa 55) is $15 for Honors members, so it's a generous benefit since after tax and tip, you'll be right around $20. I opted for the omelette, at $20.95, which was still a good value for a nice hot option.

I did, however, not receive the $40 credit on my bill, as there were 2 of us on a one night stay. Had to call billing a few days after my stay and they promptly refunded me $40.
We stayed here on 3/18/19 as we had reservations at Catch LA, which was amazing. I also had to call to get the $40 credit. We used it in the morning at the restaurant by the pool. Food was OK but service was really lacking. Halfway through our meal our server disappeared and never came back. The hotel itself was fine and my front desk person was delightful.

I also went next door to the Rooftop at WA for an afternoon drink. Fantastic view with all the rain we've had. Definitely worth a visit on a clear day.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Alaska, American, Marriott
Stayed here with my wife this past Friday and Saturday night on points. The Television Critics Association press tour and awards night were happening while we were there (Showtime presented on Friday and the awards were handed out Saturday) but there was very little impact on the hotel, and we didn't see anyone famous, unless you consider writers from the AV Club famous. Apparently Gal Gadot was slinking around the hotel giving interviews so maybe instead of goofing off at the pool and going to the Getty, we should have been star-watching. Anyway.

We were a bit worried about staying here because the hotel got bashed in some fairly prominent travel blog reviews, but I actually kinda liked it. The hotel does a good job of maintaining the look and feel of old-time Hollywood. Now, to some, this means the hotel is old and shabby, and there was definitely some touching-up that could be done to our room. But if you're into the retro aspect of it, then you might enjoy staying here.

Breakfast here was pretty good. We had the continental breakfast, and the Diamond credit covered the cost for 2 of us, so no complaints on that front. Service was attentive, but not in-your-face. No wait for a table, even on a TCA weekend, so I don't imagine it would be a problem any other time.

The pool was fun--there were a decent number of people at certain times, but I never felt crowded, and there were enough chairs for everyone.

We had to suck it up and pay for parking ($45/night I think), which I wasn't super happy about, but it's Beverly Hills, and there are just no other good parking options. Apparently it's illegal to park on the street overnight in Beverly Hills. You use your room key to go in and out of the garage after you check-in, so there's just the one nightly charge (i.e., yes, you have full in-and-out privileges).

We needed to get back and forth from the hotel to the Sunset Strip, Sherman Oaks, and Brentwood, so this was a great location for us on this particular trip. The room itself wasn't anything special, but the location, breakfast, and pool made up for that, and we'd definitely stay here again.

Last edited by bucky katt; Aug 9, 2019 at 12:20 am
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Hi everyone,

If I may, a few questions for those have stayed at this hotel on points...
  • As a Lifetime Diamond, if I book a room in the ‘Oasis Building’ on points (60k / night), could I expect an upgrade to the main building, or is it pot-luck?
  • How far do they upgrade Diamonds? Is it just one level?
  • I understand the daily food credit (almost) covers a continental breakfast. What’s the extra charge for a full American breakfast?
Thank you in advance!

Adam
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by adamgilbride
Hi everyone,

If I may, a few questions for those have stayed at this hotel on points...
  • As a Lifetime Diamond, if I book a room in the ‘Oasis Building’ on points (60k / night), could I expect an upgrade to the main building, or is it pot-luck?
  • How far do they upgrade Diamonds? Is it just one level?
  • I understand the daily food credit (almost) covers a continental breakfast. What’s the extra charge for a full American breakfast?
Thank you in advance!

Adam
As a normal Diamond on the last 5 stays I have received an upgrade from the entry level Oasis room to a Deluxe King and Terrace in the main building every time so I would say your chances of that are pretty high. They may now have also started upgrading Diamonds to the newly refurbed rooms so its worth asking about that too. Upgrade doesn’t normally show in advance but instead happens at checkin.

Regarding the breakfast it’s around a $10 up charge to the full breakfast and we’ll worth it in my opinion, this is one of the best Hilton breakfast going and an is consistently top notch, fresh and tasty. If the weather is nice a table outside is great. The breakfast is so good here in fact that when we stay next door at the Waldorf we still chose the BH for breakfast as it is so much better.
adamgilbride likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.