Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Beverly Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by hedoman
Does 25 years ago count? Once was enough. Every time I see this place it gives me the creeps. My comments directed more towards others considering a stay there, not the OP.
Just curious why a bad stay 25 years ago would have any bearing on people deciding to stay at this property now? My parents spend about 30 nights per year here, and they are very satisfied. That said, there is a certain room type they like, so they just book it to make sure they get it. This is a big conference and event hotel, and before they started locking in their preferred room type their upgrades were heavily dependent upon what was going on at the hotel during their stay.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Did I mention anything about having a bad stay? I did not have a bad stay.
The answer to your question is in your statement. It's an event hotel in a neighborhood of many fine hotels. The chances of a first time visitor locking in their preferred room type would be?
Old May 2, 2016, 10:55 am

Just returned from a quick overnight stay at the Beverly Hilton while visiting friends in West Hollywood and here is a quick report on the hotel.

I was a little concerned that the hotel would not be in best of shape from reading some of the reviews. However, we had a very nice experience. I am a gold, and had booked using a free weekend stay certificate into the base room. I looked during early checkin and we were set for a base room in the Oasis wing so we waited until we arrived to checkin. Upon arrival, the FD agent was very pleasant and acknowledged status and informed us that we were pre-upgraded to a high floor Tower Deluxe room overlooking the pool. The Tower Deluxe has a balcony with table and chairs. The sliding doors to the balcony open for about an 8 foot opening, allowing a nice breeze when the weather is nice, which is was. We really appreciated the upgrade. The state of the room was very clean and modern, with no apparent problems with hard or soft furnishings.

The public spaces at the hotel are equally nice, with an old hollywood feel.

As golds, we were provided with continental breakfast. Service at Circa 55 was good, and staff attitude very pleasant. The buffet was quite nice, with a good selection of cold foods, and a particularly wide selection of pastries. We sampled the hot foods which were also quite good.

We both left very happy, and remarked that it was a much better experience than expected. Wouldn't hesitate to return to the Beverly Hilton when we want to stay in Beverly Hills or West LA.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Recently stayed here on my corporate rate sub $200. Overall it's nothing amazing, but for a Hilton property it does have some special touches like nightly turndown, iPad mini for service requests, BABOR amenities (in lieu of the awful Peter Thomas Roth). My last stay here was back in early 2008 and it definitely feels better since then but I do miss the Century Plaza. Construction of the W=A is coming along nicely but further restricts pedestrian access on Wilshire [I get this is L.A. and most people drive everywhere but what they have in place now is pretty awful].

Breakfast using Gold HH voucher was fairly good and I would hardly characterize it as Denny's grade like others above. There was a good selection of fruit, pastries, cookies, French macaroons, oatmeal w/ toppings, create your own yogurt parfait, cheeses, meats, and lox. My only complaint is that one morning we were asked to leave after sitting for roughly 50 minutes having a leisurely breakfast by the pool reading the papers to accommodate a large group. This really rubbed me the wrong way, and the sever acted like since she offered to re-seat us it's not a huge deal.

Overall I am fairly conflicted, this property has gotten better but very much feels like the wannabe/upper middle class luxury scene in BH, as to be expected. I certainly would not be pleased if I had payed $350+ to stay here. For that money, the IC Century City IMO is a much better choice.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Recently stayed here on my corporate rate sub $200. Overall it's nothing amazing, but for a Hilton property it does have some special touches like nightly turndown, iPad mini for service requests, BABOR amenities (in lieu of the awful Peter Thomas Roth). My last stay here was back in early 2008 and it definitely feels better since then but I do miss the Century Plaza. Construction of the W=A is coming along nicely but further restricts pedestrian access on Wilshire [I get this is L.A. and most people drive everywhere but what they have in place now is pretty awful].

Breakfast using Gold HH voucher was fairly good and I would hardly characterize it as Denny's grade like others above. There was a good selection of fruit, pastries, cookies, French macaroons, oatmeal w/ toppings, create your own yogurt parfait, cheeses, meats, and lox. My only complaint is that one morning we were asked to leave after sitting for roughly 50 minutes having a leisurely breakfast by the pool reading the papers to accommodate a large group. This really rubbed me the wrong way, and the sever acted like since she offered to re-seat us it's not a huge deal.

Overall I am fairly conflicted, this property has gotten better but very much feels like the wannabe/upper middle class luxury scene in BH, as to be expected. I certainly would not be pleased if I had payed $350+ to stay here. For that money, the IC Century City IMO is a much better choice.
I agree that the IC Century City is the better choice
While I agree the breakfast at the Beverly Hilton is better than Dennys
The salmon was so disgusting for a 4 star hotel I have never been back
And they are tight fisted on Diamond upgrades compared to years ago when the hotel was quite HH Diamond friendly with recognition
Its also in need of a renovation which the IC has gotten recently
Hopefully if we live long enough the Waldorf Asoria will open as they once stated when I was still in my youth
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Anyone have suggestions for me. I've got 180k Hilton points which I could use for 3 free nights at the Beverly Hilton. I'm a Diamond member.

Another option is, which I've already locked in before the deval, is IC Century City. I'm a Spire Ambassador. But all things being equal, I have a slight preference for saving the 150,000 IHG points I'm using.

But based on reviews, seems like IC is the nicer property. OTOH, walking to Rodeo from the Beverly is an attractive feature.

If you were in my shoes, where would you stay?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Terminator8
Anyone have suggestions for me. I've got 180k Hilton points which I could use for 3 free nights at the Beverly Hilton. I'm a Diamond member.

Another option is, which I've already locked in before the deval, is IC Century City. I'm a Spire Ambassador. But all things being equal, I have a slight preference for saving the 150,000 IHG points I'm using.

But based on reviews, seems like IC is the nicer property. OTOH, walking to Rodeo from the Beverly is an attractive feature.

If you were in my shoes, where would you stay?
I think I would burn the Hilton points. Not a great value for that amount of points, but you get three nights and keep your IHG points. Which at least IHG tells you when they raise the points needed for a property, which Hilton now can do continuously and you won't know the points needed until you try booking.

David
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

The Beverly Hilton

9876 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, CA US 90210

Beverly Hilton (0 Photo)

The Beverly Hilton

I have stayed here a number of times. The staff is friendly and the service is good. Rooms are updated and the showers are fantastic. I believe all the rooms in the wilshire tower have balconies with chairs and tables (some also have chaise lounges), which is nice for getting some fresh air.

Only a couple of cons. No in room coffee maker, no executive lounge and not many close food options. Trader Vic's bar menu is limited.

Beverly Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the The Beverly Hilton?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
Beverly Hilton and parking

My apologies if there is a better thread for asking questions about the Beverly Hilton (I did a search and nothing came up). I will be in Los Angeles in April for a weekend and am looking at the Beverly Hilton as a option. I've stayed at the property in the past and enjoyed the stay (I miss the Trader Vic's).

Is the parking cost waived for Diamond members?

Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sundevils
Is the parking cost waived for Diamond members?
No.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Diamond upgraded but free continental breakfast eliminated

We got a nice upgrade as a diamond, but instead of usual free continental breakfast, now they offer 15 off daily per food. When did they change that. So cheap move in my opinion
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by felicidad76
We got a nice upgrade as a diamond, but instead of usual free continental breakfast, now they offer 15 off daily per food. When did they change that. So cheap move in my opinion
That’s a real shame, stayed here 4 weeks ago and was still the continental breakfast voucher (actually I noticed they give out a breakfast pass and use the same coupon everyday) with the full for $10 upcharge.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Not recommended for a rewards stay on points. No diamond upgrade, $42 self parking fee not waived, $15 credit for food instead of breakfast.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by mapu
Not recommended for a rewards stay on points. No diamond upgrade, $42 self parking fee not waived, $15 credit for food instead of breakfast.
Does that $15 cover a continental breakfast? If not, I suggest contacting them via the Hilton App after you check in and complain. I have done this at a few other properties to resolve this "voucher for $10 that doesn't even cover the cost of a continental" issue.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: AF/KL, LH, BA, Accor, Hilton, IHG, HERTZ, Avis
Originally Posted by mapu
They claim that Corporate has qualified them as a "luxury brand" so like the WA they can do this. I fail to believe this.
Mayby Lauren the HHonors Rep on the forum can comment on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.