Hilton Garden Inn - Free Golf

Old Jun 15, 05, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors
Hilton Garden Inn - Free Golf

Not related to being an HHonors member, but HGI is offering a voucher for free greens fees for Thursday-Sunday stays between 6/16 and 9/30/05.

I haven't been able find the location of the available courses, though.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/index.jhtml
Old Jun 15, 05, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA, Hertz, Avis, Marriott, Hilton HH
Originally Posted by mitchell0086
>>>I haven't been able find the location of the available courses, though.>>>

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/index.jhtml
Go to the website from the link you supplied. Click on the golfer. When the next page pops up, scroll down abpout half a page to find the "Where Do You Want To PLay?" written in red. Click on that to find a course lsiting by state.
Old Jun 15, 05, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors
Ahh...found the problem. The bottom half of the screen doesn't show up in Firefox (must use IE...grrrrrrrr).

Originally Posted by Falcon20
Go to the website from the link you supplied. Click on the golfer. When the next page pops up, scroll down abpout half a page to find the "Where Do You Want To PLay?" written in red. Click on that to find a course lsiting by state.
Old Jun 15, 05, 5:31 pm

Thanks for the tip

Cool!!
Just changed a resv for this weekend to the promo rate and we'll get free golf. Thanks for the heads-up!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 20, 05, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA1K, USAir Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Thanks!

This is indeed a really cool offer. Anyone compare rates for this promotion vs. AAA or best available internet rate?
Old Jun 20, 05, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoJTR
This is indeed a really cool offer. Anyone compare rates for this promotion vs. AAA or best available internet rate?
The rates I saw for it are very close to the same, and in the case of one HGI, I believe it was the same when I went looking last weekend.

Mike
Old Jun 21, 05, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Desert city where Venice, Paris and NY are within walking distance
Programs: Delta and Hilton make a lot of $$ off me
Anyone play any of the courses available? A quick perusal shows they aren;t exactly top courses judging by the rates they charge.
Old Jul 10, 05, 8:33 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Anyone use HGI Golf Giveaway voucher yet? Problems?

We have three of these vouchers. I followed the rules and called to make a tee time for my wife and her friends for this coming week at a course in Northern California. I stated she was using the voucher. They had no idea what I was talking about and stated she should be prepared to pay the regular rate. That is just crazy. I offered and faxed them a copy of both sides of the voucher along with my name / toll free number. Called back to confirm they received. They will call me after contacting their headquarters. Anyone else have a problem using this voucher? Thanks
Old Jul 10, 05, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Dia; Bonvoy Amb; Hertz PC; National EE; AXP Plat; Chase CSR; Citi Prestige; WDW Passh
Sorry to hear about your trouble, RTWSTARALLIANCE. I have my first stay under this promo coming up later this week. I'm not a golfer, but will give the voucher to a friend. I'll let you know if it works for them.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Jul 10, 05, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
The agent at the HGI we frequent used one last week and has another tee time for this week. I will advise on how my wife does or the response from the course if I hear from them tomorrow. Regards
Old Jul 11, 05, 10:58 am

I called the course again this morning to speak with the director of promotions. She also had no idea what I was talking about. Her reply was also be prepared to pay. I am now speaking with Hilton Guest Assistance since there is no number to call the administrator of this promotion for Hilton Garden Inn. A TOTAL waste of time. I can not send my wife and her two friends on a one hour drive to then pay for golf.
Old Jul 11, 05, 11:13 am

Apparently now the course if talking with the HGI to figure out how they (course) get paid. Guest Assistance was worthless as they transferred me back to the local HGI. Something smells bad here. Anytime Hilton wants to contact me directly would be appreciated.
Old Jul 11, 05, 12:23 pm

I received a call from the head of the marketing company for this promotion and the course. They offered apologies and assured me my wife and her friends will be able to use the voucher. Apparently not all information is being passed down the line properly.
Old Jul 11, 05, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Glad to hear you finally got a satisfactory response. Too bad you had to waste so much time.

I'm earning my first golf voucher later this week. Hopefully I will not have to put forth as much effort to try to use the thing.
Old Jul 11, 05, 4:20 pm

Total waste of time. Since no one from Hilton ever called me they can just stick a few points in my account for my time. A program not administered well. I have two more vouchers to use and I have NO intent on trying to earn any more of these things.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: