Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I like you starting with "Aaaargggghh!!" and ending your post with "Grrr". Very à propos for a "Cheetah"
LOL

You would be surprised at the sounds that cheetahs do make! They chirp with an almost bird-like sound and they purr. But they do have a soft growl.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:12 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Spending the night here - booked a base standard room and was given an upgrade to a tower room. Coming over from the Conrad it’s certainly a little hard to be objective

By Hilton standards the Tower rooms are very nice and of good size especially the closet and bathroom. EL food and drinks are alright - nothing special.

No more tower lounge bummer. We have an early train on HEX to LHR so won’t be checking the hotel breakfast and will dine in the CX F lounge at LHR instead
wizla likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Spending the night here - booked a base standard room and was given an upgrade to a tower room. Coming over from the Conrad it’s certainly a little hard to be objective

By Hilton standards the Tower rooms are very nice and of good size especially the closet and bathroom. EL food and drinks are alright - nothing special.

No more tower lounge bummer. We have an early train on HEX to LHR so won’t be checking the hotel breakfast and will dine in the CX F lounge at LHR instead
Thanks for reporting back, interesting concept here as the lounge overlooks the station platform, I like that, very unique.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:04 pm

We have a one day stay (with Executive Lounge access) for a Saturday night in August. We'll probably arrive mid morning, so I'm not expecting to get immediate room access (and we'll leave our luggage.) But what about the Executive Lounge? Is it likely we'd have access before check-in?

On Sunday, we'll be out for the day just after breakfast (and again leaving our luggage.) But we'll be back at the hotel later in the day. We booked this hotel because of its easy access to Paddington since we're leaving on the overnight Night Riviera to Penzance. What's the likelihood of lounge access after check-out, which we'll need to do in the morning?

Thanks for any insights.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AudenHoggart
We have a one day stay (with Executive Lounge access) for a Saturday night in August. We'll probably arrive mid morning, so I'm not expecting to get immediate room access (and we'll leave our luggage.) But what about the Executive Lounge? Is it likely we'd have access before check-in?

On Sunday, we'll be out for the day just after breakfast (and again leaving our luggage.) But we'll be back at the hotel later in the day. We booked this hotel because of its easy access to Paddington since we're leaving on the overnight Night Riviera to Penzance. What's the likelihood of lounge access after check-out, which we'll need to do in the morning?

Thanks for any insights.
I've never had any issues getting access to the EL if arriving before noon, even though our room may have not been ready. Not sure about after checking out, since on every instance we have been flying out of LHR by mid-day.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The loss of the Tower Lounge is a huge devaluation to the GWR rooms, IMO.

I've always been upgraded as a DIA to at least an Exec Room, a couple of times to a suite. The location is ideal for a short stay due to the easiest possible connection to Heathrow.
That's an incredible track record. I haven't stayed here in ~2 years, but stayed here frequently before then and never once got upgraded to a suite and only got upgraded to an exec room once. I recall getting upgraded to what they said was a deluxe room once, but the curtains weren't blackout at all so I asked to switch rooms. I suppose I did stay in GWR for my last couple stays.

Originally Posted by AudenHoggart

I haven't had problems with either, but given your need for the lounge access, it's something I would definitely confirm in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Stayed last month overnight for the first time since the Tower lounge closed. I like the GWR Tower rooms very much but without the lounge to compensate it really is just too much faff to get to them. Especially since the dedicated lift wasn't working at all and several in the main bank kept breaking down. Electronic key didn't work and neither did checkout via the app. Very disappointing stay all round. For the first time I left feeling I didn't want to stay there again.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I've always been upgraded as a DIA to at least an Exec Room, a couple of times to a suite. The location is ideal for a short stay due to the easiest possible connection to Heathrow.
Originally Posted by gengar

That's an incredible track record. I haven't stayed here in ~2 years, but stayed here frequently before then and never once got upgraded to a suite and only got upgraded to an exec room once. I recall getting upgraded to what they said was a deluxe room once, but the curtains weren't blackout at all so I asked to switch rooms. I suppose I did stay in GWR for my last couple stays.
Definitely feel lucky, but almost always only stayed for a max of two nights, and in most cases FRI/SAT so that may have helped my odds..
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
AC at the Hilton Paddington

We checked in yesterday, and the AC has been out of service since in the entire building. It's been very unpleasant, considering it was almost 100F yesterday.

Management's explanation so far: "they're working on it, the problem is on the roof".
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Gold
If their reprocess is that they are working on it then they are working on it. I dont think they want to be in a hot box either. Why would they lie to you?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:50 pm

Just curious OP...what was the purpose of this thread?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Just curious OP...what was the purpose of this thread?
Just awareness, in case others were planning stays around that time.

The AC was fixed by the third day, and the management made things right as far as what we paid for the room, so it ended well.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Ex Lounge hours?

What are the lounge hours? Especially what time do they start breakfast?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Braswch
What are the lounge hours? Especially what time do they start breakfast?

Thanks!
They open at 06:30. I'm not sure when they close.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Fell for a 25% off sale at the Hilton Paddington hook, line, and sinker. I feel like this property is really hurting financially. Every single FD agent when I checked-in had a trainee tag on and none of the ones I interacted with should have been working unsupervised. They really had no idea what they were doing. Housekeeping was also extremely poor. The bathroom in particular was in disgusting condition upon check-in. This after waiting more than an hour for my room to be ready because it needed a supervisor check. I really should have taken the hint after the check-in/arrival experience and changed hotels immediately.

I also experienced long waits for FD to answer the phone and no one seemed interested in actually resolving problems. Maintenance issues abound, as well - one of the elevators was not working for the entire duration of my stay, making for some very long waits for the elevator. Additionally, the ice machine on my floor was not working and was not fixed during my stay.

The big issue was the room A/C. The thermostat would periodically reset itself to a higher temperature - I can only guess to try to save money. A staff member admitted to me that this was intentional, telling me that she would have engineering make adjustments but this was never done. Additionally, my A/C would occasionally just stop working in the middle of the night and no matter what I tried, I could not get the A/C to start working again. This problem was not resolved during my stay and I departed the property early as a result.

There was absolutely no response from this property to my complaints post-stay - I requested compensation, and then asked for the GM to contact me, but didn't hear a peep until I asked Diamond Desk to assist. Even after Diamond Desk intervened, they only offered token compensation and I never heard from the GM - they clearly just don't care here. This has never been a good property IMO, but currently it is just horrible and should be avoided.

Last edited by gengar; Aug 29, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.