Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Stayed here and booked a suite at a paid rate of about $300USD a night. For traveling from the US, this property was perfect for us. Easy to get to from the airport with luggage for 4. Easy to get to around then city being 30 seconds from our room to the tube. Plenty of restaurants that kids are welcomed to nearby. Close to Parks. Suite was large with a roll away bed and pullout sofa. We slept GREAT here which was huge as jetlag didn't really affect us.. Our room was showing a lil wear and tear and the hotel free spaces were on par with most other Hiltons. Service was great and was able to checkin early. I hope to come back here with the family again in the future.
details here https://wordpress.com/post/truptravels.com/2653

Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
GUYS- just to mention the tower lounge is no more!......guests who book GWR tower rooms have to share the downstairs executive lounge instead.
I heard a rumour it had shut and emailed the hotel, they confirmed this in an email to me tonight......just a heads up as website still claims tower lounge is available.....this is not true.
Attached Images  

Last edited by wizla; Mar 30, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
GUYS- just to mention the tower lounge is no more!......guests who book GWR tower rooms have to share the downstairs executive lounge instead.
I heard a rumour it had shut and emailed the hotel, they confirmed this in an email to me tonight......just a heads up as website still claims tower lounge is available.....this is not true.
Interesting development. I never had a chance to partake. I imagine the EL is going to become somewhat of a zoo now with lounge capacity being reduced so dramatically. Thanks for sharing though wizla!
wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I'm not exactly surprised. While the lounge was pretty nice, there wasn't any sort of view from there, and not really any windows. We thought it was way more interesting hanging out in the EL downstairs as you could look out the windows into the train station. When we were in the lounge we really didn't see many other people in it.
wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Interesting development. I never had a chance to partake. I imagine the EL is going to become somewhat of a zoo now with lounge capacity being reduced so dramatically. Thanks for sharing though wizla!
Yeah no worries mate....... I got chatting to another diamond in the executive lounge at tower bridge the other Friday and he told me this....I actually forgot but looking for a hotel in London for next week I saw Hilton Paddington and it reminded me.
I never got the chance to partake too although I planned to just to tick the box.
Yes I agree this will crowd the downstairs executive lounge, apparently it gets very busy regardless of the tower lounge closure .
teemuflyer, MoodyB and AStarr like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:15 am

The location of this hotel is very appealing to me coming in from IAD for a two night stay. As a Diamond staying on points can I expect any kind of upgrade. If not, are the basic rooms "nice enough?" I'm not looking for luxury-just comfort and quiet.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
The location of this hotel is very appealing to me coming in from IAD for a two night stay. As a Diamond staying on points can I expect any kind of upgrade. If not, are the basic rooms "nice enough?" I'm not looking for luxury-just comfort and quiet.
Yes it’s a nice hotel, I got upgraded to an executive room from a basic double on my last stay...... I quite liked it, lounge was quiet when I stayed but apparently it does get very busy.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
I've always been upgraded as a DIA to at least an Exec Room, a couple of times to a suite. The location is ideal for a short stay due to the easiest possible connection to Heathrow.

Couple of quick pointers. You can buy the HEX tickets online at a deepening discount the further out you make your purchase. The other is that as a DIA, you can check in at the EL desk, which is not usually crowded like the main reception. If arriving via the HEX, you'll see a back entrance to the Hilton on top of the escalators. Once you enter the hotel proper, the EL desk is on your far left.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Apr 3, 2019 at 8:08 am Reason: added detail
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I was there for a couple of days in Jan and the EL desk was never manned, FWIW.

While I had passed through Paddington dozens of times since my last stay in 2007 I hadn't really focused on how much of the original reception area was lost to the incursion of the shopping mall.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:01 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Booked a standard room & was upgraded to a GWR Tower room (was initially offered a Deluxe King but I politely rejected this & asked for a refurbished/more modern option & was offered GWR Tower). Have stayed in these rooms previously & I am reminded how very tastefully (& quite expensively) these rooms have been appointed. Not your typical Hilton. My particular room is certainly not a huge space but beautifully done. I am only here for one night, so am more than pleased ^
I will not be attempting an @wizla style trip report....they are unique & I cannot (& do not want to) compete with them
wizla likes this.

Last edited by NoY; May 16, 2019 at 3:49 pm Reason: Typos
Old May 17, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Booked a standard room & was upgraded to a GWR Tower room (was initially offered a Deluxe King but I politely rejected this & asked for a refurbished/more modern option & was offered GWR Tower). Have stayed in these rooms previously & I am reminded how very tastefully (& quite expensively) these rooms have been appointed. Not your typical Hilton. My particular room is certainly not a huge space but beautifully done. I am only here for one night, so am more than pleased ^
I will not be attempting an @wizla style trip report....they are unique & I cannot (& do not want to) compete with them
Brilliant!......that’s a good upgrade, it’s a shame they have closed the tower lounge I was always curious as to what is was like and was itching for an excuse to stay and report on my findings, of course this never actually happened in the end ......... enjoy your stay!
Old May 17, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I stay here regularly .The tower lounge was very pleasant , never crowded but there there was not much seating . A bit conradesque in feel feather than Hilton. No windows to see out of though but very calm . Slightly upgraded drinks and food
wizla likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Brilliant!......that’s a good upgrade, it’s a shame they have closed the tower lounge I was always curious as to what is was like and was itching for an excuse to stay and report on my findings, of course this never actually happened in the end ......... enjoy your stay!
Thanks, yes I would always take a newer/more luxurious room than a suite thats dated, thats for sure!
I had previously booked/paid for GWR Tower rooms, partly because of the lounge being (theoretically, at least) set at a higher level of quality & quiter but TBH it was too quiet & totally lacked any atmosphere whenever we visited - it was beautifully appointed though.

Funnily enough I visited the main Exec Lounge last night & it was dead between 6pm-6.45pm too (it must be me ). Food was excellent & drinks standard issue but certainly decent enough. All very nice.
Tonight T4 Hilton at Heathrow.
wizla likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Aaaargggghh!!

I booked a GWR Tower room specially for this lounge as we have a show and an early train so planned on evening snacks and breakfast in the very nice Tower lounge. It was really good and very quiet (probably why they closed it!) when I was there last. Now we have to schlep down to the ground floor and probably fight the crowds. Grrr.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Aaaargggghh!!

I booked a GWR Tower room specially for this lounge as we have a show and an early train so planned on evening snacks and breakfast in the very nice Tower lounge. It was really good and very quiet (probably why they closed it!) when I was there last. Now we have to schlep down to the ground floor and probably fight the crowds. Grrr.
I like you starting with "Aaaargggghh!!" and ending your post with "Grrr". Very ŕ propos for a "Cheetah"
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.