Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have a stay coming up at a £220 rate and saw that the towers were about £420. I cannot see a better room and club being worth £200 a night when I am only staying here to get on the HEX early the next morning. As Diamond I'll get a decent enough room and I can still have a beer in the normal EL after work.
Absolutely right. Maybe you'll get an upgrade to Tower room anyway! ^
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'll be staying here with my wife and infant son in late July. As a Diamond member, what are the chances of being upgraded to a suite? It'll also most likely be an award stay, if that makes a difference.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
in my experience, the chance of being upgraded to a suite is extraordinarily small. the chance of being upgraded at all is slightly better, but not by much. i've been here several times as a diamond on an award stay and the best i've received is a one category "upgrade."
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by UK Stages
in my experience, the chance of being upgraded to a suite is extraordinarily small. the chance of being upgraded at all is slightly better, but not by much. i've been here several times as a diamond on an award stay and the best i've received is a one category "upgrade."
Used to be a 'regular' here before the addition of the new wing .

Intially had to push for ANY upgrade then after feedback to Hilton received suite upgrades .

Breakfast here is good (but generally always busy ) and found the Exec Lounge good overlooking the station . Entry to lounge was key card only and generally staffed by entrance !
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Used to be a 'regular' here before the addition of the new wing .

Intially had to push for ANY upgrade then after feedback to Hilton received suite upgrades .

Breakfast here is good (but generally always busy ) and found the Exec Lounge good overlooking the station . Entry to lounge was key card only and generally staffed by entrance !
I've not stayed here before but the pictures on website look nice......may have to put this on my hit- list , just need an excuse to go to Paddington now
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Absolutely right. Maybe you'll get an upgrade to Tower room anyway! ^
I didn't. I've had plenty of paid stays here as Diamond and never been upgraded to a suite nor Towers. It's always just a larger than normal room. Same with the one time I did an award stay.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:46 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Had a stay in the GWR tower rooms earlier this month, before an early departure to the West Country.

First impressions were great - spacious room, really impressive art deco feel (albeit with some slightly confusing Japanese touches), a general high quality feel, and even a view into the station concourse.

But some cracks did show. Stained cornicing. Some poor cleaning (e.g. panel behind toilet). Almost unusable shower due to hard water, and a broken shower rail for the handheld which meant I couldn't use it as a backup.

The lounge was great, and the breakfast decent, although no eggs for us as the host wasn't to be found.

Also didn't appreciate being repeatedly lectured about the wonderful benefits I would have got from booking direct with them (including the very special privilege of paying an extra £40 a night for the same room).

None of this ruined my stay, it was just rather disappointing. Wrote some comments to them (not for recompense, it's just that a premium room really needs the details right), got a response telling me that it's much better if I book directly with them
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
On average I probably have about 8 paid stays per year at this property over the last 2 years, averaging 3 nights each. Never received a suite upgrade but ended up in Towers rooms twice. Towers rooms are nice as a novelty, but don't like the 2-elevator, elongated schlep to/from the lobby.

The restaurant is very large and generally well run at breakfast times, so while I sometimes seem to hit it at busy times it has never seemed to impact speed or quality of service or choice of food. For some reason I prefer the ground floor lounge in the mornings (convenient before dashing out for the train I guess) but the Tower lounge in the evening (on those occasions I've had access). There are a large number of pubs and restaurants within a very short walk from the hotel so plenty of choice if you go out. This, coupled with proximity to the station platforms plus generally large and well-appointed rooms keeps me coming back.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Stayed here last week for first time as got a good deal and was arriving late from Heathrow. Lobby is nice Art Deco - rooms were nice but hotel seemed a little tired. That said best nights sleep in London for a long time!!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Paddington vs Metropole

It looks like, ignoring price, people resoundingly choose the Paddington over the Metropole. Strangely, I'm seeing rates 20GBP cheaper at the Paddington for my planned stay in September. Is this just a one-off or is there something going on that I should know about?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
It looks like, ignoring price, people resoundingly choose the Paddington over the Metropole. Strangely, I'm seeing rates 20GBP cheaper at the Paddington for my planned stay in September. Is this just a one-off or is there something going on that I should know about?
It happens. Nothing strange about it really. They are competing properties and one has sold more of their inventory than the other, so pricing is reflective of that.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Probably find that there is a conference on at the met which has filled a lot of the rooms straight off.

This happens here occasionally due to it being a bit of a hot spot for conferences.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

I'm a gold; last time I stayed here I remember getting some breakfast but can't remember if it was continental only or full.

I'm thinking of using Hotels.com to book the room. Do I lose the breakfast then? From what I've read here, upgrades are few next to none, so that part doesn't bother me.

Do you still get Hilton points if you book through Hotels.com, or Kaligo?

Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lbotez
I'm a gold; last time I stayed here I remember getting some breakfast but can't remember if it was continental only or full.

I'm thinking of using Hotels.com to book the room. Do I lose the breakfast then? From what I've read here, upgrades are few next to none, so that part doesn't bother me.

Do you still get Hilton points if you book through Hotels.com, or Kaligo?

Thanks for any info.
Will not get any of free-internet, points , qual night/stay if you book through any OTA.
Whilst the hotel does not need give HH bennies either when you book using OTA, but nearly all still honour upgrade+breakfast for elites, but some definitely exclude internet, the text about said lack, which is prominent on Hiltons booking pages.

None of the London Hilton Brands I have used have limited breakfast benefit for HHG/HHD to continental.

For me that includes Paddington, Metropole, CW, Tower London, DT Victoria, Conrad, Wembley, probably a couple of others I would expect same applies Park Lane but I took b/f in lounge my 3 Hilton-PL visits.

Paddington does upgrade HHGs +1 cat from a basic room, seems resistant to give lounge from either basic/dlx rooms, the standard groundfloor corner lounge is small and rather uninspiring. Currently view from lounge is fenced off scaffolding and messy area inside the station.
Food offerings not great, sparkling wine ok, I believe food offerings in Tower Lounge are identical to standard lounge, and although lounge is to 2300, coffee machine is off from 2200 (actually before as I had to escalate) also no computers/printing in lounge . There is the business center, but that is closed weekends (Sat+Sun)

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 6, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by lbotez
My stay last year as Gold, got full breakfast in the main restaurant. No lounge access.

Sorry, cant't help on the 3rd party booking sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.