Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:46 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Here's a picture of the room (photo credit to jdtravels ... appears we were booked into the same room). Compare this to the description and photos shown on the hotel website. The chair and desk (to the left) comprise the "separate" living and working areas!

Oh no, thats not right! Thats just a newly kitted out/renovated room, that just happens to be in the GWR Tower wing. Def. not a “proper” GWR Tower room. You deserve decent recompense for sure. If they had put me in that, no way I would accept it.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow I'm glad I've never paid for a towers room. I always book the cheapest and get a Diamond upgrade to a large exec room or junior suite type of room. Plenty of space. And I'm always out and about so the the ground floor club is good enough for me.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Here's a picture of the room (photo credit to jdtravels ... appears we were booked into the same room). Compare this to the description and photos shown on the hotel website. The chair and desk (to the left) comprise the "separate" living and working areas!

Wow. Totally unacceptable if you ask me.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Agree. Shocked that the hotel thinks 5k for a 2-night stay is reasonable compensation for this. Completely false advertising on Hilton's part. If I'd paid for this room using points, it would have been 220k for the stay (as a point of reference .... 5k/220k = 2.7% compensation.) I did, however, pay $ for the stay. If this had been another hotel, I think they would have done something close to a free night's equiv of points ... or at least a a good share of one. (something for both the downgraded room and goodwill.) Contacted hotel and they said 5k is their best/only offer. Have escalated to corporate.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone know what's a typical response time for Hilton customer service to respond?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just returned from a stay in GWR Tower room (room 2507). Everything seemed new and was nicely appointed. Liked the made-to-order eggs at breakfast and evening happy hour. No complaints whatsoever.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Anybody know the email address for the general manager of the Paddington Hilton? And also the customer service email for HHonors. It's not listed on the HHonors website.

Had a run in with the evening manager. He did not know the HHonors rules. I am Gold ( after many many years as a Diamond). When checking in, the FDC tried to deny the 2nd free breakfast for the room. I told him it was a Gold benefit. He said it was only for the Gold guest, no one else. I told him it was supposed to be 2 free. He said it was only a benefit for Diamond members. Then he said it was only for the registered guests.
I had accidentally booked for 1 person but added my guest at registration. He tried to deny the second guest free. I told him it was a HHonors benefit and even SHOWED him the HHonors rules. Even looking at the rule confirming the additional guest free, he tried to deny it, claiming it was only if there was an additional room charge for the second person. After he conceded I was correct, he still tried to deny the second free breakfast, again saying it was only Diamonds. I again showed him the HHonors rules. He finally, grudgingly conceded I was correct. I told him I was shocked and disappointed that a manager is completely unaware of the HHonors rules and told him that corporate would be informed about the poor service and lack of knowledge of the manager.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Anybody know the email address for the general manager of the Paddington Hilton? And also the customer service email for HHonors. It's not listed on the HHonors website.

Had a run in with the evening manager. He did not know the HHonors rules. I am Gold ( after many many years as a Diamond). When checking in, the FDC tried to deny the 2nd free breakfast for the room. I told him it was a Gold benefit. He said it was only for the Gold guest, no one else. I told him it was supposed to be 2 free. He said it was only a benefit for Diamond members. Then he said it was only for the registered guests.
I had accidentally booked for 1 person but added my guest at registration. He tried to deny the second guest free. I told him it was a HHonors benefit and even SHOWED him the HHonors rules. Even looking at the rule confirming the additional guest free, he tried to deny it, claiming it was only if there was an additional room charge for the second person. After he conceded I was correct, he still tried to deny the second free breakfast, again saying it was only Diamonds. I again showed him the HHonors rules. He finally, grudgingly conceded I was correct. I told him I was shocked and disappointed that a manager is completely unaware of the HHonors rules and told him that corporate would be informed about the poor service and lack of knowledge of the manager.
will PM you
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Booked a GWR Tower room at the last minute due to an earlier than expected arrival into London (thanks to the blizzard in NY yesterday ). Booked it on winter rate. Very convenient to Paddington Station. Lovely, room with modern amenities. No upgrade or mention of status at check in. Really enjoyed the Tower Lounge, though did not visit the executive lounge. Breakfast in Tower lounge was more than adequate and the evening service was lovely as well with substantial offerings. All in all, a great property for a one night stay. Not my preferred location though, so have my other go-to properties for that.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
GWR tower rooms

Had two stays at the Paddington this week, one in a queen suite and one in a GWR tower room. The tower room was definitely nicer - newer fittings, more modern design, lots of natural light, and a good size. Liked the exclusivity of the Tower Lounge (I found the Executive Lounge very crowded for breakfast and not well laid out), but there was no agent at the desk, so no ability to check out in the Tower Lounge.

The one thing I don't like about the GWR tower is the LONG trek to the rooms... up an elevator, a winding walk to some stairs down to a door and another set of elevators. If they ever open a separate lobby, the rooms would be more attractive, but I suspect they'd rebrand that section of the hotel if they did that.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by MrOCTeckels
The one thing I don't like about the GWR tower is the LONG trek to the rooms... up an elevator, a winding walk to some stairs down to a door and another set of elevators. If they ever open a separate lobby, the rooms would be more attractive, but I suspect they'd rebrand that section of the hotel if they did that.
Indeed, perhaps adds to that "exclusive" feel. Got used to it after a few times, didn't seem so bad.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by MrOCTeckels
Agreed! That was the only negative on my stay earlier this year. It was quite an annoyance.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
will PM you
I wonder if I might also trouble you for that email address. I have reservation and Im hoping to avoid some of the problems I had last year. Thank you very much.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:46 am

Done.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I have a stay coming up at a 220 rate and saw that the towers were about 420. I cannot see a better room and club being worth 200 a night when I am only staying here to get on the HEX early the next morning. As Diamond I'll get a decent enough room and I can still have a beer in the normal EL after work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.