Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik {HRV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
They will probably convert the lounge into expensive rooms. Want the view - pay extra. I really like the place and hope it will be as good as previously.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
looking forward to our stay in a couple of weeks. Hope that it is not getting run down in the run up to refurbishment .. the rates went down a little from when we first booked a few months ago, but its pretty pricey.. understand it is a weekend at the end of the summer.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I am going to try to pop over for a couple nights this week, but dang! For a hotel that says it's going to be remodeled any second now, $450 a night seems a bit much. If it was in its prime, I'd consider.

Has anyone stayed recently to give feedback on whether the property is up to snuff, what-all with the upcoming refurb?

Airport-to-Old Town tips, btw: I see there's a shuttle bus for $6-7 per, and some sites mention a far cheaper local bus #11 . Anyone have experience with that?

TDM
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:05 pm

We just stayed here a couple of weeks ago. We had a beautiful room with a balcony. It was an upgrade and we were told there were 3 rooms like it in the hotel. We were treated exceptionally well as diamonds, welcome amenity of food and dessert each day, recognition by staff..the exec lounge is small and not stocked particularly well, but it has a beautiful long balcony to watch the sun set over the old town. Breakfast is good with made to order omelettes and pancakes and waffles on request. We were given late checkout on our last day. It is a great location for old town, cable car but also for getting anywhere else, we took a bus to lapad across the street. We ate in the hotel the night we arrived and the food was good, but we were one of two tables..people like to eat in the old town.

All this said, we found Dubrovnik overpriced in general for food, we were charged 100 USD for a fish one night, hoteis, and activities, and overly touristy especially during the day with cruise ships. Every shop in the stradun carried the same merchandise and there is always some kind of concert or fashion show to keep people engaged. You have to work at activities beyond a day and a half..outside of the walls and Iokrum there is not a lot of authenticity to be found.

We spent 10 days in Bosnia and Croatia and it was our least favorite and most expensive city. We were able to get a combination of award and paid nights so it balanced out a little.

We had arrived from Bosnia by car and left by ferry so can't answer airport questions. If you have more questions please ask
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Airport-to-Old Town tips, btw: I see there's a shuttle bus for $6-7 per, and some sites mention a far cheaper local bus #11 . Anyone have experience with that?

TDM
Last time we were there was several years ago. IIRC, we took the shuttle bus from the airport. However, we did use their local buses to shuttle between Old Town and the marina, and my recollection was that it was pretty straightforward and convenient, though it could be crowded at times.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I just checked in tonight (midnight - pretty late arrival).

Upfrade to exec room, has a balcony, but otherwise pretty normal Hilton room. This place is QUIET at night! Lounge and everything closed of course. Looking forward to breakfast, which desk told us we could take in restaurant or EL.

Expensive at 70k a night points, but Dubrovnik really filled up and this was sort of our only choice coming in last minute and late.

Atlas bus bus from airport was $7 or so bucks per person. They had a sign "no euro no credit card no debit" - pretty serious about local cash only. ATMs in airport though. .
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:20 pm

Take breakfast in the restaurant..and drinks on the balcony of the exec lounge..what are your plans in Dubrovnik..atm across the street...dont miss cable car at sunset..really nice ..and walls early in the am...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's some really cheap rates in October, is it too cold to visit then?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hugolover, I stayed there beginning of last October. And the reason was because of the rates dropping from 1 October. For my needs it was perfectly warm. We were able to sit on the EL balcony in the evening, eating outside at a restaurant and having breakfast outside in the hotel's garden. Said that, I find the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik one of the finest Hiltons ever, based on my three stays there (one as Gold, two as Diamond). Plus most convenient location for exploring the old town.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:32 pm

Smile Amazing service, immaculate renovation

Just adding my voice to the glowing reviews of this property. I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik on re-opening day after they renovated their rooms. Stayed here as a Gold, and booked a regular room, but was upgraded to an executive sea-view room in the corner which I was told was "one of the best" rooms. We received access to the new executive lounge as well, and were told that we could either get a continental breakfast in the executive lounge or get a full breakfast in the downstairs restaurant (which is not yet renovated). The third part of the renovation will reportedly be the renovation of the restaurant. The one unfortunate thing about the renovation is the executive lounge was moved from the top floor to the ground floor, so you no longer have sweeping views of Old Town and the ocean from the lounge. Being re-opening day, the staff seemed to be extra friendly and excited to welcome us in.

The newly renovated room, as expected, was spotless, and still had that sawdust smell from recent construction. The beds were comfortable, and we had a balcony from our corner room. The bathroom had excellent water pressure and was sparklingly clean. The one thing that I don't understand is why some hotels, including this one, have the glass of the bathtub/shower only going halfway down the bathroom and without a door, which allows water to get all over the floor when showering, but that's definitely not an issue that is specific to this hotel.

The executive lounge is now on the ground floor. The food offerings during the afternoon included some desserts, and the happy hour had a full self-serve bar of liquors including some local liquors, as well as hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. The staff in the lounge were amazing friendly and attentive. A constant line whenever I offered to bus dirty glasses/dishes was "Let me take care of it; you're on vacation and I'm at work." There are bottled soft drinks and water available in the lounge whenever it is open, which was really useful for grabbing a bottle before heading out to Old Town to walk around. (Side note: Old Town is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. We walked from one end to the other in about 15 minutes.)

lobby area/bar

hall & entryway to the room

balcony view

bathroom

Executive Lounge Afternoon Snacks & Drinks Fridge

Happy Hour

breakfast in the restaurant, including omelette bar
(the continental breakfast in the executive lounge had the same cold but no hot food)
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Looks nice! I had stayed there just prior to the shut down, and honestly felt it was in fine shap / surprised it was being remodeled.

Your balcony photo - your room looks exactly where the lounge was prior!

Lounge service area and bar looks cleaner, but man, I'll miss those top floor lounge views.

TDM
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice view of King's Landing from your balcony.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Looks nice! I had stayed there just prior to the shut down, and honestly felt it was in fine shap / surprised it was being remodeled.

Your balcony photo - your room looks exactly where the lounge was prior!

Lounge service area and bar looks cleaner, but man, I'll miss those top floor lounge views.

TD
Room was on the first floor actually! I imagine the lounge view would have been even better!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
MahiMahi--

Great detailed review of the property! We just stayed there last week, and had a very similar and positive experience, from the new room smell to the shower 'door' (what the heck?) and the excellent service. Just a few comments from our experience:

For our part, I reserved a room using points for a three night stay, as a Diamond. We were told that we had been upgraded to a Deluxe Sea View suite. (This is my first time posting with pics, so apologies in advance if they come out large). The floor to ceiling windows offered excellent views, and the bed was one of the more comfortable hotel ones we’ve ever slept on. They also brought in a different set of hors d’oeuvres for us to try every day.

I did not realize that the restaurant had not been renovated yet. That might explain why it looked a little dated compared to the rest of the hotel. The spread was excellent though, from the cooked to order eggs, to basically three separate islands with hot and cold offerings. There was outside seating, and it was perfect late April weather for being on the terrace. This was the first inclusive breakfast buffet I had experienced where the sparkling wine (a French cremant that was also available in the Executive Lounge) was included.

We found the gym to be well equipped, and the pool and sauna facility to be very well maintained too. My traveling companion also had a massage that she enjoyed and thought was decent value for the price.

Service was enthusiastic and attentive for the most part. If there was any quibble, it was that we were ‘chased’ from the room at 12:30. I thought we had requested late checkout, but apparently not, so we were partly to blame (12:00 checkout). We were departing the hotel at 1pm anyway, but it’s never super pleasant to have to jam to leave. I can understand though given that it was one of their best suites. Would definitely stay again if we find ourselves back in Dubrovnik.

Living room:

Bedroom:

View from balcony:

Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:58 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Great stay!

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Marijana BlaĹľica 2 Dubrovnik, HR 20000

Great stay! (3 Photos)

Check In

20180722_151349_resized.jpg20180722_151404_resized.jpg20180722_151436_resized.jpgWe arrived around 1.30 pm with our rented car, the staff was very quick to help us with the luggage, and finally I gave the keys away so they could park the car. Very efficient and friendly.

I had booked two rooms (one with king-size bed, the other with two beds) with points and cash. I have been in this property before, and I was warmly welcome back. I was very pleased when the king room was upgraded to suite on the top floor (this was just one-night stay, mind you) AND we were given Executive Lounge access. One of the rooms was not ready yet, so our luggage was taken to the room that was ready and we went to the EL to chill a bit.

Room

The suite had a reasonable-sized living and bed rooms. Walk in closet for luggage and clothes was a nice touch. The wide balcony offered great views of the Old Town and Lovrijenac Fortress. It was pretty hot during our stay, so we used the balcony really only after the sundown.

The bed was firm and comfortable.

The large bathroom had both shower and bathtub, very nice. Usual Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries.

Service

Service was very, very good throughout the stay. Especially big thumbs up to the waiters in the restaurant and the staff in the Executive Lounge. In the restaurant we were explained different lunch options and wines with great expertise. (Plus we received extra glasses of wine.)

In the Executive Lounge staff went to extra trouble to bring out nibbles for my vegan daughter, even though there was enough for her from the normal fare. They were also quick to clean out used tableware and replenish the nibbles (which are not really enough to substitute for a dinner, if that's your thing).

Dining

After our arrival we had a lunch in the restaurant. Very good waiter. For lunch I had lobster linguine, very good. My wife and I had Croatian wines (sorry, can't remember which ones). She didn't care too much for her wine, I liked mine (and hers!). My son had a local craft beer, which he liked.

The hotel is situated almost at the edge of the Old Town, it takes maybe three minutes to walk to its gate. During the peak season the Old Town will be PACKED, so if you want to see something (the walls etc.), I suggest starting early. This also helps you to avoid being in the crowds during the hottest part of the day.

Arriving with your own car, you have to navigate the winding streets a bit. Nothing too difficult, though.

Overall

As I said, I have been in this property before. I will definitely return. Dubrovnik is expensive, but for a short visit this hotel was/is perfect.

Great stay!

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.