Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik {HRV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 360guy
Just completed a four night award stay at the Dubrovnik Hilton. The award was booked in Feburary 2007 when I was a Diamond. I am now a Gold..I would vote this hotel as one on Hilton's top hotels in Europe. Not as great as the Rome Cavileri,however the staff is better.Here goes a quick Trip Report, I have been traveling for the past 23 hours:
The Hilton Dubrovnik is the old Grand Imperial Hotel.It is located just outside the old city Pile gate It was damaged during the 1991-1995 war and has been a Hilton for the last two years, under a 20 year lease. The hotel is small, it only has a total of 146 rooms on four floors.
When we checked in last week, we were given room 122 on the 1st floor with a balcony view of the ocean. When we arrived we received a bottle of champagne and some hors d'oeuvres. We also reaceived hors d' oeuvres every evening at 5pm delivered to the room.
We were also given access to the Executive Lounge on the fourth floor.The lounge is open 6:30am-11pm. Breakfast 6:30am-10:30am, light hot and cold snacks from 12n-2p,and again from 5p-7p. Wine, beer and soft drinks are available from 6:30am-11p. At 8p until 11p a full bar is set up which in addition to the wine, beer and soft drinks includes about 20 types of liquor, from brandy (4 types), scotch, gin, etc. All the drinks are free in the lounge.
Gold and Diamond members get free breakfast. The lounge has a selection of 6-8 cold meats cheeses and rolls. However there is a grand buffet on the main level which includes 71 different choices(yes, I counted for Flyertalk members) of hot and cold breakfast items.We chose to eat breakfast here because they also have a beautiful courtyard.
There is free WiFi in the hotel, however the Lounge does not have computers.
As I mentioned before it has one of the most professional staffs I have ever seen at any Hilton in Europe or Asia. We plan on returning next year, because I believe in a few years, it will be impossible to get into this hotel.It is becoming very popular with Europeans. While in Dubrovnik, don't forget to have dinner at Orhan and drinks at "Cold Drink Buza".
Croatia is a beautiful country. Good Night
Thanks for a good review. I also think that it's one of the best Hilton hotels in Europe, and is in such a fantastic location. I actually had called the hotel and they explained at reception that Diamonds are allowed access to the Exec lounge, regardless of room level (and not Golds.....so it seems to be applied rather inconsistently). Nice to see you were upgraded to one of their executive plus rooms (all rooms overlooking the sea with a balcony have this level) so that's great. Let's hope that they keep treating HHonors members so well as you're completely right that this hotel is becoming busier and busier!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
walked into lobby last summer on a quick visit and had a chat with front staff - beatiful lobby and got impression diamonds had a lot of respect - hotel just a block from the walled part or the city. Would have stayed but already booked in a seaside town up the coast. next time for sure...
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Free

Originally Posted by acnev
How much was grand buffet in the main level?
The grand buffet breakfast on the main level is free to Gold and Diamond members.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, CO Platinum, SPG Platinum
Anyone stay at this hotel without any status? How about with just Silver?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 7:56 pm

Great Hotel-- Stayed 1 night on award stay and was given access to the lounge, breakfast and a great room with a large patio and a view of the ocean!! Excellent staff. Internet is available just outside the hotel for a very reasonable cost. I was very impressed with this hotel, and of course the Prague Hilton.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:10 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Agree

Originally Posted by ac777
Great Hotel-- Stayed 1 night on award stay and was given access to the lounge, breakfast and a great room with a large patio and a view of the ocean!! Excellent staff. Internet is available just outside the hotel for a very reasonable cost. I was very impressed with this hotel, and of course the Prague Hilton.
AC777, I agree with your comments. In 2 years, It will be impossible to get an award stay at this small gem of a hotel.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors - Diamond/ USAir - No status/ Hertz Gold
Heading to Europe for our honeymoon in October 08. Staying 4 days at the Cavalieri in Rome and considering Dubrovnik for another four days (AXON rate). A few questions:

1) How easy is it to get from Rome?
2) How would the weather be in Dubrovnik in late October?
3) Sounds like Diamonds are treated well . . . can I bank on an upgrade? I'm assuming that October is not a high season for this area . . .anyone have any experience with the executive lounge being closed because of low occupancy?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mad_dog97
Heading to Europe for our honeymoon in October 08. Staying 4 days at the Cavalieri in Rome and considering Dubrovnik for another four days (AXON rate). A few questions:

1) How easy is it to get from Rome?
2) How would the weather be in Dubrovnik in late October?
3) Sounds like Diamonds are treated well . . . can I bank on an upgrade? I'm assuming that October is not a high season for this area . . .anyone have any experience with the executive lounge being closed because of low occupancy?

Thanks in advance.
I am planning a trip there this summer. We'll also be at the Cavalieri before heading to DBV. As for getting to DBV from Rome, check out http://www.flyairone.it/en.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, BAEC Gold
Visit early July

I was thinking of going to the hotel in early july..do any of you know whether they're still allowing Golds/ Diamonds access to the lounge? Also, is it likely to be upgraded at that time of year?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: UA
agreed. the hilton is nice, but the price is steep. there is better value to be had in dubrovnik.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: HH diamond
In October, I was upgraded to a mini-suite as a diamond and given lounge access. July is high season. It'll depend on occupancy. The lounge is on the small side and they do check to make sure you are allowed access.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Hilton Dubrovnik Imperial

Heading there in 3 weeks time and was wondering if anyone has been there recently? All previous posts were dated a while ago.

On an award stay for 3 nights and I am HH Gold. Any chance of an upgrade seeing that some have had issues. Also, I reserved and was confirmed a non-smoking room but checking my reservation online today, it somehows shows 'confirmed smoking'. Anyone else had this issue happen to them? This is only the seconf time I'm ever doing an award travel booking and have been Gold for 5years now. All paid reservations so far have not had much issues with upgrades at Hilton properties.

Thanks!!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:20 am

Not sure if you would consider it recent ... but I stayed there just over a year ago. I was Hilton gold at the time. Booked 2 rooms, for 3 nights. One room was paid (at the cheapest available rate) and second was an award stay. Both rooms were upgraded to exec level. The rooms were small but well appointed. The exec lounge balcony has amazing views out over the ocean. We loved the hotel location, found the staff to be very helpful and overall were extremely happy with the stay.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Rooms showing as smoking is pretty normal for international properties. I get this all the time, and have never had to stay in a smoking room.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:10 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Banie
Not sure if you would consider it recent ... but I stayed there just over a year ago. I was Hilton gold at the time. Booked 2 rooms, for 3 nights. One room was paid (at the cheapest available rate) and second was an award stay. Both rooms were upgraded to exec level. The rooms were small but well appointed. The exec lounge balcony has amazing views out over the ocean. We loved the hotel location, found the staff to be very helpful and overall were extremely happy with the stay.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Rooms showing as smoking is pretty normal for international properties. I get this all the time, and have never had to stay in a smoking room.
Thanks for the responses!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.