Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by philco
I'm looking to book a family suite or possibly better suite at the Millenium Hilton for a couple of nights in October - some say wait until 3 months before the stay to get best pricing - does that sound correct? Also, with gold hh status, will exec lounge access be guaranteed if using a suite even if not on the exec floors? My usual corporate set code seems useless at this property by the way.
You usually get lounge access with booking an executive suite on cash, points, or both. Family suite doesn't automatically get you lounge access but you are a Gold, so you might get it. The difference in price showing below is approximate and for comparison YMMV. I always booked suites as a Diamond so I have no answer about the Gold status.

FAMILY SUITE 67 sqm./721 sq. ft., newly refurbished, river and city views around $150++/night or 55K HH points.

KING PANORAMIC RIVER SUITE Executive Lounge access, panoramic river and city view, 67 sqm. - around $185++/night or 75K HH points.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I'm looking to book a family suite or possibly better suite at the Millenium Hilton for a couple of nights in October - some say wait until 3 months before the stay to get best pricing - does that sound correct? Also, with gold hh status, will exec lounge access be guaranteed if using a suite even if not on the exec floors? My usual corporate set code seems useless at this property by the way.
The Hilton site clearly says under Family Suite "Does not include Exclusive Lounge Access". I would imagine they meant Executive Lounge Access. In theory that would mean that if you are not upgraded to a higher suite as gold then you would not have access.

Not so sure about waiting to book, I don't usually track prices that well, I book when I need/am ready to book. You could do your own research by looking at dates for an earlier month. Bangkok hotels are relatively cheap anyway so the lack of a Corporate Code is not a big loss.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
some say wait until 3 months before the stay to get best pricing - does that sound correct?
Personally, I do not like to wait. I want to make sure I have something in hand. What I do is to book the best refundable rate I can, then keep checking for better rates. If a better rate becomes available, I can edit the existing confirmation to switch to the cheaper rate. Also note the advance purchase requirement for the non-refundable rates; as it gets close to the minimum days in advance, consider booking it if it's significantly cheaper.

Also, with gold hh status, will exec lounge access be guaranteed if using a suite even if not on the exec floors? My usual corporate set code seems useless at this property by the way.
You have to check the description of the suite you are booking. You can also reserve it on a refundable rate, then email the hotel to ask about Executive Lounge access as a Gold in that room. The hotel might offer lounge access or a discounted price to guarantee an upgrade to a better room that comes with lounge access.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Personally, I do not like to wait. I want to make sure I have something in hand. What I do is to book the best refundable rate I can, then keep checking for better rates. If a better rate becomes available, I can edit the existing confirmation to switch to the cheaper rate. Also note the advance purchase requirement for the non-refundable rates; as it gets close to the minimum days in advance, consider booking it if it's significantly cheaper.

You have to check the description of the suite you are booking. You can also reserve it on a refundable rate, then email the hotel to ask about Executive Lounge access as a Gold in that room. The hotel might offer lounge access or a discounted price to guarantee an upgrade to a better room that comes with lounge access.
This hotel is always nearly booked full. There is an ever increasing number of Chinese staying here. As a diamond I didn't get the executive room yesterday, but as per policy I get lounge access. There is next to nothing chance that Gold status will get you access to a lounge in this or any other hilton in Bangkok these days despite the overwhelming amount of pollution.

Looking at the suite descriptions they have it clearly spelled out which suites include lounge access.
​​​​​​

Last edited by buddahas; Feb 14, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by buddahas
This hotel is always nearly booked full. There is an ever increasing number of Chinese staying here. ​​​​​​
ICONSIAM affect which is a blessing for the property as it will keep most its rooms occupied. But this is also a curse for the elites as we will have less upgrades!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by buddahas
This hotel is always nearly booked full. There is an ever increasing number of Chinese staying here. As a diamond I didn't get the executive room yesterday, but as per policy I get lounge access. There is next to nothing chance that Gold status will get you access to a lounge in this or any other hilton in Bangkok these days despite the overwhelming amount of pollution.

Looking at the suite descriptions they have it clearly spelled out which suites include lounge access.
​​​​​​
The visitors from the country you mentioned, are, at least if coming from a major city, used to a considerably higher level of pollution. But your conclusion about lesser chance of upgrade is spot on. As a Diamond, I've a history in this hotel with double level upgrades many times. Not so any longer.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Drop in service level, location is best for non first timer

Millennium Hilton Bangkok

Map| 3 Reviews | 33% Recommended

123 Charoennakorn Road Klongsan Bangkok, TH 10600

Drop in service level, location is best for non first timer (8 Photos)

For me the main reason I went for this property was the location.  It is not my first time in Bangkok, and since I've stayed at this property before, I knew that the location was good - at least to my taste - as it is not too crowded or busy and there are quite a good number of streets with local shops and less touristic.  

Even with the new Icon Siam mall next to the hotel, the area is still not as touristy as compared to properties along Silom Road and the other side of the river.  Strangely what I noticed even though the number of tourist and people going to Icon Siam, most of them will just venture within the mall and leave again without visiting anything else beyond that - which is nice as it maintains the craziness and especially the prices around the area.  I am afraid this might change since they are building the extension line of the metro system, so this might mean easier access to the area [unless again tourist will just walk into Icon Siam and out again into the station]

In guess for the coming months - because of the construction work ongoing - traffic will be quite bad in the area as lanes are reduced to one.  I was stuck from in traffic just the last 2 km for close to half hour because of this.

Check In

I arrived late afternoon and the check-in area was ok - had to wait ~5 mins before being helped [can anyone tell me why the area which is supposedly reserved for HHonors member roped up and not in use - never ever saw that area opened up or manned during my 3 nights at the property].

I purposedly did not do online check-in due to bad experiences [from upgrade point of view].  Checking my app I noticed that my room type did not change as to what I reserved.  I had suspected due to the Songkran period and Easter holidays in Europe, the hotel was quite full.  

When checking in, I asked and was told that there was no upgrade provided.  Was not really happy about it and questioned about it [yes I do know that it is based on space available] - since not even a higher floor room was given.  A what seems like a more senior associate was consulted about it and miraculously I was given a upgrade to what they call a family room [which basically was just from a deluxe room to a superior room].  

All in all - I found the check-in staff not to be the most friendly especially compared to all other staff I interacted with and did not really seemed to care much [this is quite severe for me especially for a hotel located in Asia].

Room

The room was located on the 9th floor which was one of the lower floor of the hotel complex with a view of the river [basically I believe all rooms have a view of the river - some could be with a partial view].  

The room is I believed one of the non-renovated rooms as it was clear that there were lots of usage on the furnishing and the picture in the frame seemed to have faded in colour.   The room however was spacious and did have quite some area even with 3 persons using the room.  There was a sofa- which is also a sofabed.

Internet speed and signal was ok.  There was as usual the typical coffee and tea making facility and two big bottle of water [glass bottles] - which in my opinion is much more environmental friendly - so kudos on this point.  

Bathroom size was ok, with a walk-in shower and a bath-tub - but only 1 washbasin.  Water pressure and temperature was good.

Temperature control in the room was ok.  TV had a good number of channels, however the quality was terrible - it was hardly watchable with lots of disturbance to the signal.  I did not bother to ask or call about it since I was not spending too much time in the room.

Hilt_bath.jpgHilt_room1.jpgHilt_room2.jpgHilt_room3.jpgHilt_room4.jpgHilton_room5.jpg

Executive Lounge

The lounge is located on the 31st floor with both inner and outer seating.  Due to the high occupancy of the property, the lounge was packed during the evening happy hour.  Luckily there were still some seating available outside with a great view towards the Grand Palace down the river.  

Evening cocktail hours run from 1730 until 1930 with a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and some fingerfood.  The evening offerings at this property [especially since it is an Asian property] has got to be one of the worst offering I've seen.  It seems that the quality has degraded since my last visit here about 2 years ago.  I believe what they do especially on weekends when the lounges get full, they go for the cheapest options to serve guests.  For me, serving chicken nuggets and some mash like pasta is the easiest way to still fulfill the requirements.  On the following nights, what I noticed was the the options of the food were never consistent, it seemed like they were just filling in whatever was leftover from lunch or other events since going at different time there will be different items.  

Breakfast is also served in the lounge for those with lounge access - luckily the breakfast offerings were much better compared to the evening offerings.  The breakfast was a mix of asian and western dishes with a cook to order egg station.

The executive lounge staff were friendly and helpful.  

hilt_lounge.jpghilton_hallway.jpg

Service

All in all, a mix of service level from the staff.  The executive lounge staff were friendly, however the check-in staff were not really that welcoming.  

Overall

Overall, I would say that this hotel is a mix bag - with what I consider a very weak treatment for Elite members.  The only main reason I would come back to the hotel is the location.  If there was another Hilton chain hotel in the same area - I would certainly try that out rather than this property.   For me I just feel some arrogance in the hotel since they know that the hotel will be filled up especially now with IconSiam next to it.  

ps:  Icon Siam has got to be one of the most interesting mall even compared to the malls in the places such as Dubai - first time that you can feel a mall with some characteristics and really built with all walks of life in mind.  Surprised that the food prices are reasonable especially in the Thai Souk.

Drop in service level, location is best for non first timer

Would you like to write a review on the Millennium Hilton Bangkok?

No, thank you.
Yes
Kalboz likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Overall Overall, I would say that this hotel is a mix bag - with what I consider a very weak treatment for Elite members. The only main reason I would come back to the hotel is the location. If there was another Hilton chain hotel in the same area - I would certainly try that out rather than this property.
Thanks for the review. I can confirm from the pictures that you got an unrenovated room. Personally at this hotel I recommend to pay for the Diamond suite upgrade at discounted (modest) price because non-suites are subpar. If I am going to have a non-suite, I would rather stay at many other great hotels in Bangkok. However if you have a panoramic suite you get great river views which are hard to beat.

Fully agreed that happy hour is in the bottom quartile in Bangkok, but that breakfast is decent.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Location For me the main reason I went for this property was the location.
Nice review. Shame they didn't give you one of the new rooms. They are much nicer. I have stayed at this property about 5 times in the last 6 months and always get one of the newer rooms on a higher floor & always got upgraded. I always checkin at the exec lounge, where most of the staff know me, so this may help.

For me, the standout thing for this property is the lounge. I love sitting out there watching the sun go down.

Since the new shopping centre has been built, I expected the traffic here to be much worse than normal. It actually seemed no different to what it was 7 or 8 years ago. The traffic in Bangkok is always bad, this place is no worse than anywhere else. I guess it will be easier to get to and from this hotel when they have built the BTS extension next year.

Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:56 am

Location For me the main reason I went for this property was the location. It is not my first time in Bangkok, and since I've stayed at this property before, I knew that the location was good - at least to my taste - as it is not too crowded or busy and there are quite a good number of streets with local shops and less touristic. Even with the new Icon Siam mall next to the hotel, the area is still not as touristy as compared to properties along Silom Road and the other side of the river. Strangely what I noticed even though the number of tourist and people going to Icon Siam, most of them will just venture within the mall and leave again without visiting anything else beyond that - which is nice as it maintains the craziness and especially the prices around the area. I am afraid this might change since they are building the extension line of the metro system, so this might mean easier access to the area [unless again tourist will just walk into Icon Siam and out again into the station]In guess for the coming months - because of the construction work ongoing - traffic will be quite bad in the area as lanes are reduced to one. I was stuck from in traffic just the last 2 km for close to half hour because of this. Check In I arrived late afternoon and the check-in area was ok - had to wait ~5 mins before being helped [can anyone tell me why the area which is supposedly reserved for HHonors member roped up and not in use - never ever saw that area opened up or manned during my 3 nights at the property].I purposedly did not do online check-in due to bad experiences [from upgrade point of view]. Checking my app I noticed that my room type did not change as to what I reserved. I had suspected due to the Songkran period and Easter holidays in Europe, the hotel was quite full. When checking in, I asked and was told that there was no upgrade provided. Was not really happy about it and questioned about it [yes I do know that it is based on space available] - since not even a higher floor room was given. A what seems like a more senior associate was consulted about it and miraculously I was given a upgrade to what they call a family room [which basically was just from a deluxe room to a superior room]. All in all - I found the check-in staff not to be the most friendly especially compared to all other staff I interacted with and did not really seemed to care much [this is quite severe for me especially for a hotel located in Asia]. Room The room was located on the 9th floor which was one of the lower floor of the hotel complex with a view of the river [basically I believe all rooms have a view of the river - some could be with a partial view]. The room is I believed one of the non-renovated rooms as it was clear that there were lots of usage on the furnishing and the picture in the frame seemed to have faded in colour. The room however was spacious and did have quite some area even with 3 persons using the room. There was a sofa- which is also a sofabed.Internet speed and signal was ok. There was as usual the typical coffee and tea making facility and two big bottle of water [glass bottles] - which in my opinion is much more environmental friendly - so kudos on this point. Bathroom size was ok, with a walk-in shower and a bath-tub - but only 1 washbasin. Water pressure and temperature was good.Temperature control in the room was ok. TV had a good number of channels, however the quality was terrible - it was hardly watchable with lots of disturbance to the signal. I did not bother to ask or call about it since I was not spending too much time in the room. Executive Lounge The lounge is located on the 31st floor with both inner and outer seating. Due to the high occupancy of the property, the lounge was packed during the evening happy hour. Luckily there were still some seating available outside with a great view towards the Grand Palace down the river. Evening cocktail hours run from 1730 until 1930 with a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and some fingerfood. The evening offerings at this property [especially since it is an Asian property] has got to be one of the worst offering I've seen. It seems that the quality has degraded since my last visit here about 2 years ago. I believe what they do especially on weekends when the lounges get full, they go for the cheapest options to serve guests. For me, serving chicken nuggets and some mash like pasta is the easiest way to still fulfill the requirements. On the following nights, what I noticed was the the options of the food were never consistent, it seemed like they were just filling in whatever was leftover from lunch or other events since going at different time there will be different items. Breakfast is also served in the lounge for those with lounge access - luckily the breakfast offerings were much better compared to the evening offerings. The breakfast was a mix of asian and western dishes with a cook to order egg station.The executive lounge staff were friendly and helpful. Service All in all, a mix of service level from the staff. The executive lounge staff were friendly, however the check-in staff were not really that welcoming. Overall Overall, I would say that this hotel is a mix bag - with what I consider a very weak treatment for Elite members. The only main reason I would come back to the hotel is the location. If there was another Hilton chain hotel in the same area - I would certainly try that out rather than this property.
Wasn't this room about $65 US? We were going to stay there but wanted 4 nights without moving and they only had two nights available. Coming back in October, so may try again. A room with a lounge in that price range seems like a good deal.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pentiumii
Wasn't this room about $65 US? We were going to stay there but wanted 4 nights without moving and they only had two nights available. Coming back in October, so may try again. A room with a lounge in that price range seems like a good deal.
No, even with the HHonors sale, I paid ~100 USD for the room. The Doubletree was cheaper - but for me since I really like the location and as mentioned by edibayyeah - the beautiful view of the river, I chose this place. I had previously some better experience at this property, but that was like 2-3 years ago, so this time I was really dissapointed.
But yes if you managed to get it for 65 USD, that is a nice bargain and closing my eyes on the negative points.

Last edited by nldogbert; Apr 25, 2019 at 3:57 am
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
No, even with the HHonors sale, I paid ~100 USD for the room. The Doubletree was cheaper - but for me since I really like the location and as mentioned by edibayyeah - the beautiful view of the river, I chose this place. I had previously some better experience at this property, but that was like 2-3 years ago, so this time I was really dissapointed.
But yes if you managed to get it for 65 USD, that is a nice bargain to close my eyes
The prices do seem to change a lot. I originally booked four nights at about 100USD per night for a semi flex rate, about 3 months in advance. WHen I checked the prices a couple of days before arrival the price was about 67SD per night for advance purchase. So, I cancelled my original booking and booked advance rate saving 130USD. I booked cheapest room, but was upgraded to high floor King Exec.

Yes, the doubletree can be much cheaper and can be got for about 2300 bht. But the views are none existent and no lounge. But its good for a night or two if you like the area. And its close to BTS makes it a good option. Certainly if you need a few extra stays to reach a HH status level its a good choice.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Check In I arrived late afternoon and the check-in area was ok - had to wait ~5 mins before being helped [can anyone tell me why the area which is supposedly reserved for HHonors member roped up and not in use - never ever saw that area opened up or manned during my 3 nights at the property]
This hotel is my favorite one in BKK, not because of the rooms, but because of the location and the lounge.
I stay there at least twice a year and my upgrades are mixed. During my last stay I was upgraded to panoramic suite. At the end of the stay my entire family was traveling from DMK to Phuket for 1 more week. I had to return to US back to work the next day. Instead of changing the hotel I've decided to book one additional night in Millennium.
In the morning everyone went out to check out from their rooms, and I inquired about my extra night. I was hoping to stay in the same room. Unfortunately I was moved to renovated room on the 12(?) floor. They've told me that the hotel is sold out, but because I'm a diamond they gave me the room.

As for the roped off area. I always walk there during the check in, and grab comfy seat Usually within a minute someone is there to check me in.
Once I was taken to executive lounge to check in, but it was very early in the morning and they didn't have my room ready. We had to enjoy breakfast and a coffee in the lounge before they gave me the key (about an hour wait).

Like I've said, I like the lounge in that hotel and that's why I'm staying there again and again. If Marriott Marquise wasn't in such a bad area, I would have stay there instead. Their M Club lounge is huge and their food offerings for evening happy hour is little better comparing to Millennium's offering.

Millennium lounge can be a zoo in the evenings, and reading other posts here, looks like nothing have changed.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
The last two times I stayed at this hotel and checked in the lobby Honors area the check-in process took extremely long. The previous check-in took over 45 minutes, I think they forgot about me. When I complained they comped with free dinner and also some sort of cocktail show. Last check-in took 20 minutes and no comp. The view is the only thing this hotel has going for it. Service/treatment level is like buying a lottery ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Their M Club lounge is huge and their food offerings for evening happy hour is little better comparing to Millennium's offering.
Should be a lot better IMO though the Marquis room sucks if no suit upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.