Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Room for 3: 2nd person stay free benefit

Hi,
I am considering this property and for a couple of nights, I will need the room for 3 adults. I noticed that this was possible - this does trigger a higher price compared to selecting 2 adults. Do you know how should I make my booking so I can still benefit from the 2nd person stay free benefit?
Previous experiences at outside of BKK, it was ok for the hotel to still charge the 2 adults room and have a 3rd adult in the room - but I am not sure of this property.

What would be the best way to make the reservation? Select 2 adult and add a note that room is for 3 adults?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I always see things as glass half full, but in this case I must warn you that although the decor is visually appealing, they used cheap materials and very shabby workmanship!
Originally Posted by Kalboz
The new suite set up is the same as the old suites with much wasted space.
Your comments are very similar from mine in my review back in June "shrinking rooms". I was very disappointed with the renovations and the end result.

Last edited by escape4; Jan 21, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:30 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Your comments are very similar from mine in my review back in June "shrinking rooms". I was very disappointed with the renovations and the end result.
Especially the room door which can be broken with only one push!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
I spent two nights here last week and appreciated the refurbishments. This contrast between the old and refreshed rooms was quite stark for us; upon check-in at 2pm, our suite was not ready, but we were provided with a regular room in the meantime. The regular room was on a lower floor that had not been refurbished. When our suite was ready just 30 minutes later, the improvements were very welcomed from the minute the elevator door opened to the refurbished floor. One can find some faults, but overall I'm pleased with the renovations. My only disappointment with the suite was the low quality of the sofa.

The executive lounge was a bit of a zoo, but that was because of the hotel guests. It felt more like a family restaurant than anything else, and lacked any sort of tranquility or sophistication that I look for in a lounge (e.g., people on Skype or watching a football match without headphones, bare feet on the sofa, etc).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:19 am

Yesterday I booked a room for this upcoming May and haven't received an email confirmation yet. It's showing up under my Hilton account on the website, so I'm not worried about the reservation, just found it odd. Is it normal to not receive an email confirmation from this property?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Yesterday I booked a room for this upcoming May and haven't received an email confirmation yet. It's showing up under my Hilton account on the website, so I'm not worried about the reservation, just found it odd. Is it normal to not receive an email confirmation from this property?
Only looking at this thread as have stayed there a couple of times - but regarding your comment above, I booked a room at a Hilton in the UK (I am in the UK) yesterday afternoon and no email either (and is showing on my Hilton Account page) - also notice there is no longer the option to "resend email" on the booking/account page.
I send all my bookings for travels to tripit so bit of a nuisance.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Originally Posted by holmedown
Only looking at this thread as have stayed there a couple of times - but regarding your comment above, I booked a room at a Hilton in the UK (I am in the UK) yesterday afternoon and no email either (and is showing on my Hilton Account page) - also notice there is no longer the option to "resend email" on the booking/account page.
I send all my bookings for travels to tripit so bit of a nuisance.
I always got a confirmation email from Hilton in general and this property in particular.

I believe Hilton is having some IT issues as the HH account has not reset yet for 2019 - explained here by Loyalty Lobby https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/01/22/...g-2018-nights/

But I believe they fixed that issue but now this email thing!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:42 pm

I need to be at BKK airport at around 8am leaving from the Millennium later in the week. What time would I likely need to leave the hotel at? And what would be the best transport option at that time of the morning?

Are there likely to be metered taxis sitting at the pick up/drop off zone at the hotel or will the hotel need to arrange one & will that be a metered one?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by highlandguy; Feb 11, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by highlandguy
I need to be at BKK airport at around 8am leaving from the Millennium later in the week. What time would I likely need to leave the hotel at? And what would be the best transport option at that time of the morning?

Are there likely to be metered taxis sitting at the pick up/drop off zone at the hotel or will the hotel need to arrange one & will that be a metered one?
You will be fine with a 7 AM departure from hotel. Contact the porter (bell boy) or the concierge to arrange a metered taxi the day before. Otherwise get a Grab!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

Thanks in advance
Agree that you should be OK if you leave the hotel by 7AM.

While I have nothing against taxi, I’ve had some ugly haggling situations before and don’t need that aggravation early in the morning. So for our airport transfer from and to Suvarnabhumi Airport, we used (and highly recommend) the AOT Limousine service which costs THB 1,500 (about US$46) and they run comfortable Toyota Camry which can carry up to 3 passengers comfortably with luggage - you can easily find the AOT stand at the airport and they are very professional. We also had the Concierge at the hotel contact them by phone to arrange for the pickup to go to the airport.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sapguy

Agree that you should be OK if you leave the hotel by 7AM.

While I have nothing against taxi, I’ve had some ugly haggling situations before and don’t need that aggravation early in the morning. So for our airport transfer from and to Suvarnabhumi Airport, we used (and highly recommend) the AOT Limousine service which costs THB 1,500 (about US$46) and they run comfortable Toyota Camry which can carry up to 3 passengers comfortably with luggage - you can easily find the AOT stand at the airport and they are very professional. We also had the Concierge at the hotel contact them by phone to arrange for the pickup to go to the airport.

Yes, AOT Limo service is highly reliable & a no-haggle solution - all for a reasonable enough price. Highly recommended versus the taxi lottery ^.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

Thanks in advance
Even though I am a Hilton stalwart, always working on my nights to stay Diamond, you may also consider the Novotel at the airport. That is what I do when I have early departures. And you can expect the cost of a taxi to be more like THB500 instead of the AOT's THB1500. Although taxi's on the street can sometimes refuse to meter I have never had problems to or from the airport. 7am will get you to the airport half an hour later, so enough time to allow for the unexpected.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
My experiences with regular taxis to/from BKK are mixed. The last years I've used another limousine service . Pre-payment by CC, confirmation of on-line reservation within an hour, often minutes. Reliable service, Toyota Camry 950 THB, compared to AOT 1500 THB
sapguy and NoY like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I spent two nights here last week and appreciated the refurbishments. This contrast between the old and refreshed rooms was quite stark for us; upon check-in at 2pm, our suite was not ready, but we were provided with a regular room in the meantime. The regular room was on a lower floor that had not been refurbished. When our suite was ready just 30 minutes later, the improvements were very welcomed from the minute the elevator door opened to the refurbished floor. One can find some faults, but overall I'm pleased with the renovations. My only disappointment with the suite was the low quality of the sofa.

The executive lounge was a bit of a zoo, but that was because of the hotel guests. It felt more like a family restaurant than anything else, and lacked any sort of tranquility or sophistication that I look for in a lounge (e.g., people on Skype or watching a football match without headphones, bare feet on the sofa, etc).
I visited this hotel many times over the years. Today this is the first time I visited after they refurbished the rooms and to me it is very disappointing. The quality is below double tree on sukhumvit and I really liked the huge table and window facing beds they had before. All this is gone in a favor of a rather generic room. I would have much preferred if they just left this hotel alone.

I hope they don't "refurbish" Conrad this way. I prefer old style rooms. I think I will replace this hotel with Crowne Plaza or Sheraton. I am not a business traveler and book these hotels for pleasure and pay dearly out of my own pocket. I won't be coming back.

The lounge treats for Valentine's are nice though.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm looking to book a family suite or possibly better suite at the Millenium Hilton for a couple of nights in October - some say wait until 3 months before the stay to get best pricing - does that sound correct? Also, with gold hh status, will exec lounge access be guaranteed if using a suite even if not on the exec floors? My usual corporate set code seems useless at this property by the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.