Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Can echo the comments which confirm that no rooms have a bad view. One of the best points about the Millenium Hilton. Closer to the river is better, but this basically means the river view is more direct and less angled.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Gold US Air, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Hi Everyone -staying in a few days and I am in the King Executive Suite now and am being offered the King Executive "Plus" Suite for no additional points/charge. What is the difference? Is it better? Any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:29 am

'Plus' suites are at the front of the building as opposed to the rear, resulting in a better view of the river, and have an additional guest bathroom by the entrance.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:31 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by bundrock
Hi Everyone -staying in a few days and I am in the King Executive Suite now and am being offered the King Executive "Plus" Suite for no additional points/charge. What is the difference? Is it better? Any help is appreciated.
IIRC, river view vs city view
(and an extra guest bathroom/rainforest shower).
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:01 am
PCK

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum,HHonors Diamond, Oneworld Emerald
Should have read this thread before booking, silly me !

DIAMOND UPGRADE : 1 category only

EXECUTIVE ROOM : I cannot believe how tight the room feels, the only clear space is 2-3 feet standing room around the bed. If you are of larger frame, chances are that you will be brushing your body against the wall, the windows or the bulky furnitures. Better not to be "upgraded" and stay in a Deluxe room.

UPSELLING : I found the upselling annoying; when I have already made it known upfront I was not prepared to pay a surcharge, they insisted I "must" view the exec suite, only to be told "we hope you wont mind if we apply a small surcharge to your room rate " after arrangements were made to move me to a suite. I always thought only Bangkok taxi drivers will resort to these tactics to earn a commission, not so !
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PCK
Should have read this thread before booking, silly me !

DIAMOND UPGRADE : 1 category only

EXECUTIVE ROOM : I cannot believe how tight the room feels, the only clear space is 2-3 feet standing room around the bed. If you are of larger frame, chances are that you will be brushing your body against the wall, the windows or the bulky furnitures. Better not to be "upgraded" and stay in a Deluxe room.

UPSELLING : I found the upselling annoying; when I have already made it known upfront I was not prepared to pay a surcharge, they insisted I "must" view the exec suite, only to be told "we hope you wont mind if we apply a small surcharge to your room rate " after arrangements were made to move me to a suite. I always thought only Bangkok taxi drivers will resort to these tactics to earn a commission, not so !
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the upsales there. The past couple of times, I've stayed at the Hilton and the Conrad and skipped the Millennium, but my experience was always that they accepted with no additional pressure when I declined their upsale offer.

I found the executive rooms, while on the small side, to not be particularly cramped (and I'm 6'4"). YMMV obviously! I have found they are rather skimpy on how they define "upgrades" at the Millennium, though.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:15 am

I am about to make a reservation and holding on following. Is it still the rule here if you get upgraded and lounge access you have exclusively use the lounge and not the restaurant for the breakfast? I am a Gold and appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by woow14610
I am about to make a reservation and holding on following. Is it still the rule here if you get upgraded and lounge access you have exclusively use the lounge and not the restaurant for the breakfast? I am a Gold and appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Chipping in, stayed end of 2014 as Gold with Standard Room Booking (During the 50% sale) and was granted free breakfast at main restaurant. Confirmed this with Check-In Agent and Lounge so went without worries. Not sure if anything has changed since then.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:00 pm

We stayed there at Christmas, we got no upgrade as the hotel was busy but were allowed breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge, in May we were upgraded to an Executive room and were still allowed a choice of the lounge or the restaurant.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by mking
We stayed there at Christmas, we got no upgrade as the hotel was busy but were allowed breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge, in May we were upgraded to an Executive room and were still allowed a choice of the lounge or the restaurant.
I was planning to stay in both conrad and millennium. Which hotel do you think would be too busy reducing my chance of getting and upgrade? I am planning to travel in 26-30 Dec.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:10 am

We left there on the 4th of January, we assumed that we didn't get an upgrade due to the hotel being full but we didn't ask for an upgrade.

We haven't stayed at the Conrad at Christmas before so cannot comment on the crowds but we will be staying at the Conrad this year as the pool is better and the pool at the Millennium was full every day at Christmas.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:39 am

I am about to make a reservation and holding on following. Is it still the rule here if you get upgraded and lounge access you have exclusively use the lounge and not the restaurant for the breakfast?
Depends on occupancy, proportion of groups with breakfast included, etc. Thai Hiltons seem to be offering irresistible packages to MICE and Chinese/Korean tour operators this offseason, as all BKK properties were packed with err... less sophisticated tourists this month.

Last week the gold welcome letter made no mention of the option of breakfast in the restaurant. In the past it either mentioned it as a free or paid option, or not at all.

On new twist on my last Asian tour was that the Conrad Seoul lounge staff changed my preferences to 1000 bonus points from continental breakfast, mentioning lounge access included breakfast anyway, and I went on to have both lounge access (with breakfast) and the 1K bonus on every Hilton/Conrad stay of the trip ^ . I'll be changing this back to 'continental breakfast' for non-Asian stays.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I was planning to stay in both conrad and millennium. Which hotel do you think would be too busy reducing my chance of getting and upgrade? I am planning to travel in 26-30 Dec.
I am Gold and I stayed at the Millennium Hilton December 30-January 1 (2014) and did not receive any upgrade nor did I receive lounge access. I was told at check-in that they usually upgrade Gold's but during New Year's I should book the room that want. I did receive full breakfast (excellent) in the main restaurant.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Cristmas/NewYear is High Season in SE Asia

IMHO there is unusually high occupancy rates in BKK then, and chances of upgrades are lower than usual. Just guessing out of own experience, I hold Conrad as an upgrade winner amongst the two
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
'Planned' Power Outage at Millennium Hilton Bangkok

We were informed this morning by a letter put through the door that there would be a 3 hour period due to maintenance in the afternoon in which there would be emergency power only - lights, elevators, but no Wifi or AC throughout the hotel or power outlets in rooms.

It's rather inconvenient and a little annoying that the hotel would call it 'planned' but spring it on guests with a few hours of notice.

Is this grounds for a complaint and should I expect any hhonors points as compensation, especially if the outage lasts longer than 3 hours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.