Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
One word to describe the happy hour at the lounge: chaos!

Either they have oversold their club access rate or they have too many Golds/Diamond guests!

Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Kalboz
One word to describe the happy hour at the lounge: chaos!

Either they have oversold their club access rate or they have too many Golds/Diamond guests!

Thanks Kalboz for your update.

Beside Gold/Diamond guests, many may have chosen to pay for an upgrade at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok.

How is your overall impression/experience of your stay at this particular hotel by the river?

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe it is the latter.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
This lounge is easy to crash, that may be the problem.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Two issues with lounge occupancy. 1)Number of Diamonds and more importantly 2)low cost of booking panaroramic rooms and other suites. I've seen people booking multiple rooms for multiple stays over the next year because it's so low. Not that much is expensive in Thailand, but the rates here just don't leave a reason not to book outright.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks Kalboz for your update.

Beside Gold/Diamond guests, many may have chosen to pay for an upgrade at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok.

How is your overall impression/experience of your stay at this particular hotel by the river?

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
The location is great and the breakfast by the river is awesome with delicious food. Staff is hit or miss, some super nice, happy, and helpful but the majority is clueless and many with long faces. Housekeeping is another matter - even after we told them about the dusty/smelly suite on the 28th floor, they failed to properly clean it. Khun Nannie is no longer at this property and the person who took her place is very allusive.

To avoid the problems we encountered on our last stay not only we booked suites again but we also emailed the property in advance (ample time) to outline our preferences, rooms on the same floor facing Saphan Taksin. Once again we got rooms facing north and this time on two different floors. So in order to get to the kids, we have to take the elevators (operated by room card key) back and forth. What makes this situation so egregious is that the kid's suite was not prepared prior to our arrival except for placing the fruit plate on the coffee table. My little one got sick due to allergic reaction and sinus infection - horrible, right? We alerted management several times and they said "we will dispatch our executive housekeeper to address the situation" Never happened!!! After 2 days of back and forth on twitter with Hilton and emails with management including a face to face with the duty manager, they were finally moved to our floor. The dust/smell at their original suite still there, it was NEVER cleaned!!!

Wonderful location but, to our detriment, an armature operation to say the least!!!

We are still here and will be checking out tomorrow ... and will keep you posted
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
This hotel is by far, my least favourite from the Hilton portfolio in Bangkok. Wouldn't be setting food in here again.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm sure the other quests would appreciate if you don't serve your food in there...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
LOL. No wonder I didn't like their food offerings!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Currently here after Hilton Sukhumvit and Conrad.

This is is a place/stay to be forgotten...

Is breakfast better at the restaurant or lounge? I need to make a choice.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by lautaro
Currently here after Hilton Sukhumvit and Conrad.

This is is a place/stay to be forgotten...

Is breakfast better at the restaurant or lounge? I need to make a choice.
Restaurant by the river offers more choices and better selections than the lounge. It's not raining so I'd go there ...

Breakfast at FLOW by the river
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Thank you! Food was nice. Lot of options.

Restaurant by the river offers more choices and better selections than the lounge. It's not raining so I'd go there ...

Breakfast at FLOW by the river
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Had a 4 night stay over last week. As a Diamond, I was not made aware that I could get breakfast at the Restaurant by the river. Breakfast the EL , was sub-par with very few options to choose from. Very rude and unhelpful staff. During checkout, they tried to charge me for 500 thb for calls that did not go through. The call sheet showed calls for 3 seconds and I was asked to pay 150 thb + taxes and fees per call that did not go through. Missed my cab as a result of arguing with these folks. Not sure what recourse do I have ? Whats the best way to file a complaint ?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
Very rude and unhelpful staff.
Same experience here. They act as if we are a burden on them - not all though but the majority and most don't smile which is very uncharacteristic for Thailand, the land of smile.
During checkout, they tried to charge me for 500 thb for calls that did not go through. The call sheet showed calls for 3 seconds and I was asked to pay 150 thb + taxes and fees per call that did not go through. Missed my cab as a result of arguing with these folks. Not sure what recourse do I have ? Whats the best way to file a complaint ?
Apparently, this is the case with many guests. Check you bill thoroughly at checkout! At our checkout, they attempted to stick us with charges for items from the mini bar (around $30 total for both rooms). We had lounge access that offered complimentary beverages throughout the day and thus there was no need to consume beverages from their mini bar. These charges did not make a ny sense. I can understand they made an error on one room, but two rooms??? We protested and had them reverse the erroneous charges.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Decided to give this property yet another try, this time booked a suite with points. Was very pleased; although the furnishings are rather dated, everything was comfortable, clean, and spacious. Only had one evening and two breakfasts in the executive lounge and everything was good to very good.

The hotel is chintzy though, for example some basic toiletries included at most 5-star hotels in Asia (such as a razor) are only available upon request. And, just one capsule per day for the espresso machine and drinking water was not replenished at turn-down service.

Will only stay here in the future if I can book a suite at a good price. The regular/executive rooms are just too small and show their age.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.