Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Houston, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Houston, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Guess I'd opt for something in the Galleria area. I've never found Houston to be a particularly walkable city with a few exceptions (e.g., Rice Village). I think downtown tends to shut down at night save for perhaps the theater district.

There are definitely happenin' areas, but I've never found a Hilton near any of them. Let's see if any actual Houston residents or more frequent visitors chime in.
Houston resident checking in. For that area, I'd just stay downtown. Uber/Lyft to and from the hotel and you're walking distance from good restaurants/bars for dinner. The best Hilton's downtown are either the Hilton Americas, right on Discovery Green; alternatively the Sam Houston Curio is in a really good walkable location, only 2-3 blocks from the Main St strip.

There aren't any good hotels near where you need to be. If you want to stay in the Galleria area as opposed to downtown, the Hilton near Post Oak and San Felipe is the best in that area. There is a really good italian restaurant across the street next to the Whole Foods.
porphyra likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Guess I'd opt for something in the Galleria area. I've never found Houston to be a particularly walkable city with a few exceptions (e.g., Rice Village). I think downtown tends to shut down at night save for perhaps the theater district.

There are definitely happenin' areas, but I've never found a Hilton near any of them. Let's see if any actual Houston residents or more frequent visitors chime in.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Houston resident checking in. For that area, I'd just stay downtown. Uber/Lyft to and from the hotel and you're walking distance from good restaurants/bars for dinner. The best Hilton's downtown are either the Hilton Americas, right on Discovery Green; alternatively the Sam Houston Curio is in a really good walkable location, only 2-3 blocks from the Main St strip.

There aren't any good hotels near where you need to be. If you want to stay in the Galleria area as opposed to downtown, the Hilton near Post Oak and San Felipe is the best in that area. There is a really good italian restaurant across the street next to the Whole Foods.
Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, it looks like I will have to take cabs/uber/lyft. Sam Houston has some good rates so might try that.

I guess the Rental car companies are really reeling post Harvey. Not only is Houston out, but all neighboring airports are out including College Station, AUS, GRK, BPT etc. National shows sold out even in DFW and DAL. I imagine it will take a few months to go back to normal.

Thanks guys!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by porphyra
Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, it looks like I will have to take cabs/uber/lyft. Sam Houston has some good rates so might try that.

I guess the Rental car companies are really reeling post Harvey. Not only is Houston out, but all neighboring airports are out including College Station, AUS, GRK, BPT etc. National shows sold out even in DFW and DAL. I imagine it will take a few months to go back to normal.

Thanks guys!
I thought that the Curio might be too pricey, because that one is closest to the downtown action, IIRC. Go for it!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Self edit.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Oct 2, 2017 at 8:38 am
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:54 pm

Hilton Houston Galleria or WestChase?

What Hilton is better? Hilton Houston Galleria or the Hilton Houston WestChase?

Both are about equal distance to where I am working for a few day. Pros/ Cons for each would be great.

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW I have never stayed at either. That being said, I would pick Westchase. The Galleria area is a nightmare of traffic and construction normally and even worse this time of year. You're still close enough to visit the Galleria area for shopping or dinner if you want and will be easy to hop on Beltway 8 to go up to City Centre/Uptown if desired, too.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:10 am

Thanks for the tip!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
I personally would pick the Galleria location. Yes the traffic is bad in the area around the holiday time, but its bad everywhere in Houston. If you want a location that has great dining options and has a lot of things close by for you to see/do, I would chose the galleria. I have not stayed at the westchase location, but the galleria location served full breakfast for diamonds last time I stayed.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:52 am

Are you talking Hilton Houston Galleria Area or Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria ? I would pick the Post Oak , Westchase , and Galleria area in that order. All are ok .
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:13 pm

I was referring to the Hilton Houston Galleria Area location, 6780 SOUTHWEST FREEWAY.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by mumaluke
I was referring to the Hilton Houston Galleria Area location, 6780 SOUTHWEST FREEWAY.
It use to be called Hilton Houston Southwest or something. Not exactly the Galleria area. The traffic is not as bad as around the Galleria proper. I have stayed multiple times at both. If the price is the same , I would choose the Westchase.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by mumaluke
I would actually avoid this hotel. It is in a bad location, and not really in the galleria area. I originally thought you were posting about the Post Oak Galleria location. My apologies for the confusion.
And I would agree with the above mentioned order: Post Oak, Westchase, "Galleria"
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Thanks - I am booked at the Westchase location.

I appreciate the input.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:52 pm

The former Houston Southwest Hilton (now Hilton Houston Galleria) is not in the best of neighborhoods. The hotel says it was "recently renovated" so the hotel itself might be OK these days. But it was starting to get rather dumpy while it was still the "Southwest Hilton"..It's been a number of years since I last stayed there.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I have an overnight in Houston where I arrive at 4:40pm, and then have a connection the next morning at 6am. I wasn’t sure which property to choose, so I just went with the Hilton Airport North.

Is it worth the extra 20 minute uber ride to stay somewhere else in the city? Things that are important to me are an executive lounge, an up to date property, and one that values diamonds and gives upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.