Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Sturbridge {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Arrow Hampton Inn Sturbridge {US-MA}

Any comments on the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge, Mass? Is it pretty close to Sturbridge Village? Any nearby restaurants or cinemas? Any info will be appreciated, and thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Caloy
Any comments on the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge, Mass? Is it pretty close to Sturbridge Village? Any nearby restaurants or cinemas? Any info will be appreciated, and thanks.
Hampton Inn Sturbridge is a nice Hampton property. It is close enough to Sturbridge Village. Everything is clustered around the intersection of I-90 and I-84 with Route 20 and Main Street serving as the main commercial streets for Sturbridge. For fine dining, The Whistling Swan is good, but if you are going to Sturbridge Village, you probably will have kids in tow. In that case, the Picadilly Pub works as does Roms. Decent family fare. There is a Village Cinema, as in . . . . http://www.socialweb.net/Events/17748.lasso . Ceder Lake is nice, but smallish.

http://www.sturbridge.org/Default.htm

A search on Sturbridge will bring up a couple posts including this one by Cordelli http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=sturbridge in which he says Hampton Sturbridge is his favorite Hampton. Good enough for me, But anyone that recommends Sturbridge Liquors and Hot Dog Annies can't be all bad.

Last edited by OB one; Jun 5, 2005 at 7:06 pm
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Saves me from a lot of typing.

The place is my favorite Hampton. Period. My name is on the welcome board when I check in, the people nice, all good things to say about the place. It's nothing more then a room on the way someplace else or shopping in that area, but it's a very welcoming place to stay. It's clean, it's enough off the road, even though it's in the middle of two major highways that's it very quiet.

It's less then a mile or so from Sturbridge village (advertised as within walkingdistance), and there are dozens of restaurants of all different qualities in the area. Sturbridge has yet to be hit with the charge people a fortune to eat bug, so there are places where you look at the check thinking they missed an entree or two, like the Picadilly Pub mentioned already.

The place is not easy to find, make sure you take a map with you. It's sort off the main road, but only a block or two. They call it Main Street, but after all, it is Sturbridge.

There is an incredible liquor store across and down the street a bit, Yankee Spirits, that probably has more beers available then every liquior store where I live combined, including Augustinbrau Dark, a great bok.

http://www.yankeespirits.com/

There are a ton of rooms up in that area because of the Village, but when I'm in the area, I'm usually at the Hampton there.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Thanks OB one and Mike, I truly appreciate the info you both provided. Very glad to hear the fantastic comments on the Hampton, looking forward to the stay there, and of course to Sturbridge Village. And it's so cool that they allow admission to the Village twice (within a 10 day span) on a single admission ticket. Just about unheard of these days, no? You've both been a big help, and it's very much appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
oops, meant Yankee Spirits, and it is a worthwhile trip to head out there from Worcester to stock up for parties. Best prices around with excellent selection.

Last edited by OB one; Jun 6, 2005 at 10:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.