Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What Happens at One Million Hilton Honors Points? Who Are the Honors Millionaires?

What Happens at One Million Hilton Honors Points? Who Are the Honors Millionaires?

Old Jan 1, 00, 3:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Question What Happens at One Million Hilton Honors Points? Who Are the Honors Millionaires?

Don't know if this has been covered in the hotel arena - Is there any award/recognition/lifetime status awarded to HHonors members who reach one million points ???? How about other hotel programs ??
-kazman
Old Jan 1, 00, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
I'm not sure 1 million lifetime points is that great an achievement with HHonors considering that every $1 is worth 10 points and the numerous bonuses available. My balance right now is almost 600K points and I have spent probably another 150K points in the past 2 years. I have only been staying at Hiltons over the past 4 years.
Old Jan 3, 00, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i recently went beyond one million points in the hhonors program (but have since dipped below with the recent redemption of an award.}

in any case, there is/was no special recognition.
Old Jul 17, 01, 5:13 pm

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
What happens at a million?

Does anyone know if Hilton does anything once you aquire 1,000,000 points? Any special status or recognition? Do the points actually have to be in the account or is it just add up from all miles earned?

------------------
Old Jul 17, 01, 5:39 pm

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sharptalk:
Does anyone know if Hilton does anything once you aquire 1,000,000 points?</font>
No:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000336.html

But soon?
http://www.flyertalk.com/transcripts/060701.html
Old Jul 18, 01, 8:05 am

Programs: FL, AA, DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andersja:
But soon?
http://www.flyertalk.com/transcripts/060701.html[/B]</font>
Excerpt for the lazy:

DoggyDaddy
Jeff, any plans for any "million pointers" at HHonors?

Jeff Diskin
Well, the answer is yes and no. We are going to do something for million pointers, but as a thank you for getting there, not something that we'll publicize as an incentive to do so. If you have a million points Doggy, you'll be hearing from us.
Old Jul 18, 01, 5:55 pm

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
Thanks guys for the help. I printed out that transcript.

------------------
Old Sep 5, 01, 11:04 am

I have accumulated 1,010,776 points. So now what?

I have accumulated just over 1 million Hilton points. Now I ask the question. So what? The guy from Hilton said he would be contacting the million pointers. Total bs. Have not heard a word. By the way it is current plus used points. If they expect people to have a million in the account, I am switching to Starwood
Old Sep 5, 01, 11:32 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sa_boy:
I have accumulated just over 1 million Hilton points. Now I ask the question. So what? The guy from Hilton said he would be contacting the million pointers. Total bs. Have not heard a word. By the way it is current plus used points. If they expect people to have a million in the account, I am switching to Starwood</font>
As far as I know there are no special perks for million pointers for any of the hotel programs (also see this topic in the Marriott and Starwood forums)

Old Sep 5, 01, 12:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Hilton makes it so easy to collect points, I don't see this as a real big deal. I know a 12-year-old who has 250,000 points. Maybe if they're all earned exclusively through stays (and without bonuses) that would be something. What are you hoping for?
Old Sep 5, 01, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sa_boy:
I have accumulated just over 1 million Hilton points. Now I ask the question. So what? The guy from Hilton said he would be contacting the million pointers. Total bs. Have not heard a word. By the way it is current plus used points. If they expect people to have a million in the account, I am switching to Starwood</font>
here's the excerpt from the transcript:

DoggyDaddy
Jeff, any plans for any "million pointers" at HHonors?

Jeff Diskin
Well, the answer is yes and no. We are going to do something for million pointers, but as a thank you for getting there, not something that we'll publicize as an incentive to do so. If you have a million points Doggy, you'll be hearing from us.

sa_boy - Why such a sour attitude? Why don't you suggest what you think HHonors should do for the million pointers and perhaps they will listen.

Old Sep 5, 01, 2:51 pm

Lifetime Gold maybe
Old Sep 5, 01, 3:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
I had a million points last year. I've been using them and sit at 800,000 now.
Nothing ever happened for me.
Old Sep 6, 01, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i, too, currently have just a few thousand less than a million "banked" in hhonors points.... but far more than that in total accumulated points over the years... probably closer to two million.

recognition or a special perk would be most welcome.
Old Sep 6, 01, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Even if Hilton does start doing something for "million pointers", it will likely be for 1,000,000 base points I would think, like most airline programs ... and besides that ... big deal, 1,000,000 points in HHonors is not exactly an overwhelming accomplishment compared to every other major hotel or airline program.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: