Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Marketing working overtime... I bet there are many many more "Phoenix Hotels" than just the 15 HH properties within the 12 miles radius and I don't consider 12 miles to be "close".
Someone has messed things up: HGI Phoenix Downtown is only 0.2 mi from ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Someone has messed things up: HGI Phoenix Downtown is only 0.2 mi from ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus.
Well if that is the case and ASU keeps adding campuses, every HH property will be able claim nearest proximity to ASU...

David
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
So I ordered two items on eBay and they were shipped by USPS first class package to the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Airport North.

According to USPS tracking they were delivered to front desk/ reception 16 days ago. Same date and time.

I arrived yesterday at the mentioned property and the receptionists wasn’t able to find it. Today the manager on duty was able to hand out only one of the two packages and claims he only found one package in the back office.

Now what are my options? Missing item is worth $30.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marschel
So I ordered two items on eBay and they were shipped by USPS first class package to the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Airport North.

According to USPS tracking they were delivered to front desk/ reception 16 days ago. Same date and time.

I arrived yesterday at the mentioned property and the receptionists wasn’t able to find it. Today the manager on duty was able to hand out only one of the two packages and claims he only found one package in the back office.

Now what are my options? Missing item is worth $30.
Over two weeks is a long time to expect them to hold a package. It may have been given out to another guest (similar name or same room number?) by mistake or walked off with an employee. If the manager is not willing to step up and replace the missing item, you may be out of luck. How did you buy the item? Any chance there is a replacement offer on the card? I doubt I'd try a claim on my homeowners' policy for $30.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Over two weeks is a long time to expect them to hold a package. It may have been given out to another guest (similar name or same room number?) by mistake or walked off with an employee. If the manager is not willing to step up and replace the missing item, you may be out of luck. How did you buy the item? Any chance there is a replacement offer on the card? I doubt I'd try a claim on my homeowners' policy for $30.
Well it was an eBay auction and I payed with PayPal. What do you mean by replacement offer on the card?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marschel
Well it was an eBay auction and I payed with PayPal. What do you mean by replacement offer on the card?
Not sure of PayPal terms, but some cards offer a purchase guarantee that may include replacement if the merchandise is lost/broken within a short period after purchase.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:53 am

Sorry for the delayed reply. After a little back and forth with the (useless) HHonors people I wrote an email to the General Manager of said property and requested my money back under the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. After a couple of hours I got an email from the Gerneral Manager with an apology and the money for the stay was refunded in full after a couple of days. ^
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:09 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Phoenix Resort Options/Diamond benefits?

Hoping I can get some feedback--looking to use my $250 Hilton Resort Credit from the Aspire Card at a resort in the area & see there's a few options--best option for a Diamond?
Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rd3
Hoping I can get some feedback--looking to use my $250 Hilton Resort Credit from the Aspire Card at a resort in the area & see there's a few options--best option for a Diamond?
Thanks
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ar...PPR/index.html this is the only resort in the phx area, didn't look in Tuscon.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ar...PPR/index.html this is the only resort in the phx area, didn't look in Tuscon.
What about Tapatio Cliffs, Arizona Biltmore, and Hilton Scottsdale
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:54 am

What about DoubleTree Scottsdale/PV, the Embassy suites Scottsdale, and the Boulders Curio. All qualify for the resort credit.

I used my credit at the Tapatio Cliffs. Credit worked for both room charges and dining charges from the Different Pointe Of View restaurant (billed to room).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan

What about Tapatio Cliffs, Arizona Biltmore, and Hilton Scottsdale
The URL that is the only "resort" here in PHX, all others are hotels.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The URL that is the only "resort" here in PHX, all others are hotels.
I don't think that is correct. I find 8 in AZ, including Doubletree Scottsdale PV, Biltomore, Squaw Peak Tapatio Cliffs Hilton Scottsdale and Embassy Suites Scottsdale.
markko likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:29 pm

upscale, family-friendly place w/ great pool (ideally w/ SAND BEACH)

Love Hyatt Gainey Ranch, but Hilton is the chain I have bunch of points and status (Diamond) with.
So I'm wondering which Hilton would be the best option for a family that's looking for:
- large pools you can spend hours at (and not a crowded meat market like Westin Kierland)
- very well-kept upscale property
- ideally manmade sand beach like the one at Hyatt

I've stayed at DT Paradise Valley before... disappointed by the place. No large pool/waterplay area with each pool too small. Thought it was Holiday Inn quality and so we need a place that's at least a few notches more upscale than that.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by evergrn
Love Hyatt Gainey Ranch, but Hilton is the chain I have bunch of points and status (Diamond) with.
So I'm wondering which Hilton would be the best option for a family that's looking for:
- large pools you can spend hours at (and not a crowded meat market like Westin Kierland)
- very well-kept upscale property
- ideally manmade sand beach like the one at Hyatt

I've stayed at DT Paradise Valley before... disappointed by the place. No large pool/waterplay area with each pool too small. Thought it was Holiday Inn quality and so we need a place that's at least a few notches more upscale than that.
Hi evergrn.

When are you planning on going? ( Weekends can be busy no matter where you go)

I do not think any hiltons have sandy beach or parts of pools but I like the following

Pointe hilton tapatio cliffs ( 8 pools around the resort with 2 main one one of which has a sloping entry to the pool and the othert has a water slide ( rooms are suite type with a living room , small hallway with the bathroom off it then the bedroom ( plus larger suites) and hiking trails nearby
Pointe hilton Squaw peak ( lazy river, water slide , crzy golf and similar room types to the tapatio cliffs

They are generally well kept ( not the best but pretty good)

Arizona Biltmore ( more adult orintated but very historic, with water slides also

The Boulders might be another option but it is on the outskirts of Phoenix

Not Hilton but I liked the Marriott Camelback inn ( main pool is ok) and the Marriott buttes ( water slides and in a rocky landscape)
Regards

TBS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.