Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The OP must have encountered a fleeting search error but Hilton is showing plenty of availability next week. Searching for Phoenix, AZ (not PHX) there are 35 properties within 15 miles. Of those 35, this is how many are available night by night:

Sunday, 34

Monday, 25

Tuesday, 7

Wednesday, 18

Thursday, 23

Friday, 31

Saturday, 29

And for the full period, 2/8-2/15: 12 properties. Broaden that to 40 miles and 18 are available.

This level of availability seems perfectly normal for major U.S. cities in a seasonally busy month.
Sorry, my boss in a different city on a different computer network is showing zero availability. I just searched using the iPhone app and am also showing zero availability anywhere near the city.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Tuesday's always seem to be the toughest night of the week to book a room. Break your request to individual nights. Another option would be check some OTAs like Trivago or Hotels.com to see what they show. Sometimes they will have blocks of room that Hilton will not show as available (until returned to inventory closer to date).
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:45 am

I just did a quick check. It seems that the problem is not that they don't have room for Tuesday night. It is that most hotels showing that "Guest cannot arrive at that day." Maybe there is a big convention starting on Monday? Because the Monday rate is showing higher than the previous weekend rate which is kind of strange.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Seems to be spilling into the week of the 23rd as well... it's not locked out, but everything around PHX is in the $200-$250/night+ range including the Hamptons and HGIs.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
to early for spring break id have to think?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by aww3583
Sorry, my boss in a different city on a different computer network is showing zero availability. I just searched using the iPhone app and am also showing zero availability anywhere near the city.
I'm seeing availability at several properties around town for next Tues-Wed nights.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Are you using a corporate rate? Certainly something like Gold Medal might show no availability but while most hotels are fully booked, I'm seeing 12/49 with availability (not diamond force).

Cheapest is the Hampton Inn, Surprise - $95 on the MVP rate.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by Cymro
Are you using a corporate rate? Certainly something like Gold Medal might show no availability but while most hotels are fully booked, I'm seeing 12/49 with availability (not diamond force).

Cheapest is the Hampton Inn, Surprise - $95 on the MVP rate.
Surprise is 35-40 mins -- without traffic -- from downtown Phoenix. Depending on where OP needs to do business, this may not work.

OP, can you give a bit more information on where in the Phoenix-Metro area you're needing to be?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:57 am

I had a hell of a time finding something reasonably priced at Hilton or Marriott when I was booking yesterday. Ended up going with the embassy suites for tue-wed nights
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by BeanieTX
Surprise is 35-40 mins -- without traffic -- from downtown Phoenix. Depending on where OP needs to do business, this may not work.

OP, can you give a bit more information on where in the Phoenix-Metro area you're needing to be?
No corporate rate.

Looking to stay near the airport, but business is in the Lower Buckeye and 51st Ave. area.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:59 am

Whatever is going on, it has everything booked.

I finally got in touch with the GM of our preferred property near Phoenix, and the GM said "Sorry, we're already overbooked." No Diamond guarantee rooms available.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
No corporate rate.

Looking to stay near the airport, but business is in the Lower Buckeye and 51st Ave. area.
I'm still seeing rooms available at the Homewood in Avondale, which would be rather convenient to your work location.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
No corporate rate.

That's a horrendous area, you working with Knight Trans?

Avondale or Goodyear (west Phoenix) would be your best bet to get out of the barrio.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by BeanieTX
That's a horrendous area, you working with Knight Trans?

Avondale or Goodyear (west Phoenix) would be your best bet to get out of the barrio.
The area isn't the greatest, but it is what it is. We have a corporate agreement with one of the large hotels near the airport, but they couldn't get us in. Hence the search for an alternative property.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Business trip next week...seems like a lot of PHX-area hotels are booked up to pretty high rates. Guess we're still in the tail end of the busy season there...

One exception is Doubletree Tempe on South Priest Drive. Not much FT coverage of it: anyone stayed there or familiar with the area?

My needs aren't great: solo biz trip, working very near PHX (airport), but would prefer to be away from the dreary "airport hotel" feel. Thought Tempe area, ASU, etc. might not be too bad. I like to go for a run from the hotel in the mornings, so anything semi-near a running trail would be nice. (The river in Tempe seems like it would work.)

Only concern I have with this hotel is that the simple map view of it makes it appear that it's not really in Tempe proper. Hard to tell whether it's in an interesting neighborhood or in an industrial area that requires a drive to get anywhere you'd actually want to be.

Could go with any Marriott, HHonors, or SPG property at the HGI or SHS quality level or higher. Our travel policy is simply "use good judgment", which in this case means I'd need to be in the $150-160 range that I already have this DT booked for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.