Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I did not have it in the Conrad when I was there in Jan ( it seemed to be more popular in Hong Kong ( at least in the hotels I was looking at). I have seen it advertised in one hotel in Tokyo ( it was a hotel near Tokyo station)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I stayed twice last year, and this amenity was not offered. I believe that's still the case.

That being said, renting a pocket wifi is quite simple in Japan, and you can have your unit shipped to the Conrad for pickup.
This is definitely the way to go.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
looking at April.. no availability for standard room rewards at all..
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
looking at April.. no availability for standard room rewards at all..
keep checking, I was able to get 5 nights for April a few months ago
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:16 pm

I'd like to stay for 5 nights in Oct 2019. First time really researching into this thread. It looks like booking is not available that far out yet. In fact, the only availability I see is Dec, Jan, and Feb. Is this normal for the hotel? Just trying to see when I should remind myself to revisit the booking. I'll be using points + weekend certs.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:26 am

Yeah, it's normal. Availability comes and goes for reward rooms but even paid don't open up very early. Try 6 months out but check irregularly before then, too.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by sfsportsguy
Anyone know if smartphone with data access is provided with stay. And if you used it, how was your experience.
We just checked in yesterday and there was no smartphone in the room. I first noticed this service at the JR Clement Hotel in Takamatsu when I was there a few weeks ago. The Ibis Styles in Kyoto also offered a phone. Since I had a work phone with good international service, I didn't try out either phone. I was also somewhat worried about security, for example, when logging onto sites requiring passwords. Presumably the phones are reset after each occupancy and history lists are wiped.

The Conrad Tokyo is our all-time favorite hotel. The service from all staff is exceptional. They all seem interested and engaging. My wife's and my first visit to Asia was 10 years ago and we stayed here. The room quality and all of the remotely controlled lights, curtains, and shades reminded us a lot of the movie "Lost In Translation" (which was filmed at a different hotel).

For this trip, we booked a standard room on points. Surprisingly, we were upgraded just before arrival to a King Suite Bay View, despite the hotel seeming to be very heavily occupied (based on some trial bookings I did yesterday).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Yeah, it's normal. Availability comes and goes for reward rooms but even paid don't open up very early. Try 6 months out but check irregularly before then, too.
No reward availability past February 2019. There was a brief window when it opened, but sadly my Aspire bonus and free weekend certificate had not been processed yet.

Now just waiting.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Same here. Waiting for reward availability in April. i guess it is peak season.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by kt85
Same here. Waiting for reward availability in April. i guess it is peak season.
I've been waiting for it too since June. Had sent a request in June. Got the answer, that they don't sell the standard reward room, because it is cherry blossom season. I've been still checking the availability very often and in August, they've offered standard reward rooms for April. I've booked 5 nights at that time. Around the beginning of September the availability was gone again.

Maybe there will be some availability again. But I'm sure, that they have already standard reward bookings for that month.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Any recent stays here, Understand the lounge has gotten a refresh lately, has this improved the food and drink options? And if they have an open bar now like Singapore?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:19 pm

I've stayed here twice: once in a king executive bay corner suite and once in the King Deluxe Suite Bay View.

But I wouldn't necessarily recommend this hotel. Its not close to the subway station (about a 10-15 min walk?).

The Japanese manager of the lounge is a nightmare.

Ari the guest relations manager who was the best asset the Conrad had, was promoted and is no longer at the property.

Now the hotel is selling rooms to high-end tour groups to boost revenue but results in breakfast and lounge venues being ridiculously crowded and just not pleasant.

If you are in Tokyo, you would try Palace Hotel or Peninsula.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kimchi278
I've stayed here twice: once in a king executive bay corner suite and once in the King Deluxe Suite Bay View.

But I wouldn't necessarily recommend this hotel. Its not close to the subway station (about a 10-15 min walk?).

Ari the guest relations manager who was the best asset the Conrad had, was promoted and is no longer at the property.

Now the hotel is selling rooms to high-end tour groups to boost revenue but results in breakfast and lounge venues being ridiculously crowded and just not pleasant.

Not quite.. From the Conrad's own web site. Depending on which station you want to access, 1 to 7 minutes (which seem right from my own multiple previous stays)

https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res...p_Dec_2014.pdf
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:21 pm

While it does depend on which station, it's literally above a subway.
it's then a 10 min walk to a JR Yamamoto line station, if you want it. Which is comparable to Hilton Shinjuku.

i love the hotel and the location!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Kimchi278

what? Agoda says its only a 3 min walk to Shiodome station

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.