Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
As mentioned up thread property may be blocking weekend nights. Any chance they will open up later? Looking to book award night (Fri or Sat) for January but not currently available. I noticed at least the Fri or Sat are available for current months to December. It does not appear February and beyond schedule has not posted yet.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by sfsportsguy
As mentioned up thread property may be blocking weekend nights. Any chance they will open up later? Looking to book award night (Fri or Sat) for January but not currently available. I noticed at least the Fri or Sat are available for current months to December. It does not appear February and beyond schedule has not posted yet.
Did they close out from March and beyond? A couple of weeks ago, the schedule was available for April/May. Did you use the flexible nights feature in the search? I posted a similar statement about weekends in the Hilton Tokyo thread and I got this insightful response:

Originally Posted by monahos
Saturday nights are the most expensive ones at nicer hotels in Japan because of their highly lucrative wedding business. Understandably hotels would much rather cash in than receive the meager compensation HH gives them.
I am unaware of HH practices, but one advantage of IHG is that they compensate the hotel for its average room rate when occupancy exceeds 95%, which helps with award availability and makes it a win-win for the hotel and the guest, if not for IHG.
That said I have been regularly checking Tokyo award availability for a specific Saturday this winter, and am reasonably confident the Conrad never made even one standard award room available at any point.

This all comes down to those certificates, where the original intent was for US customers to use them on weekends when business was slow; Japan has always been an exception, and is where I have redeemed most of my IC AMB weekend BOGO certs for the past decades.
You should try contacting the hotel directly for availability. While it depends on your schedule flexibility and amount of points available, the reservation manager was able to find for me a combination of nights and dates available. Here's the email for reservations: [email protected]
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
[QUOTE=Gradfly;30241786 I posted a similar statement about weekends in the Hilton Tokyo thread[/QUOTE]
Ha got my threads mixed up. Guess that is where I saw it as the Hilton will be my backup. Looked at flex schedule again now and there are dates showing again end of Feb. Then nothing starting March.
Can only fit in a stay Jan 18 but premium awards only rigjt now. Will try contacting hotel directly. Thanks for the email!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Any idea when the hotel will load it's paid calendar for next September? The Shinjuku Hilton has opened it's calendar for a while now, but nothing here nor at the Hilton Odaiba, for some reason.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Any idea when the hotel will load it's paid calendar for next September? The Shinjuku Hilton has opened it's calendar for a while now, but nothing here nor at the Hilton Odaiba, for some reason.
As far as I know, they have no exactly schedule for that. I think, they should load September soon, but maybe they'll do that in 3-4 weeks.

You can try to send an email. Maybe they know it.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Need Questions Answered?

I just started a five-night points stay as a Diamond and am here now. Does anyone have any questions about the property that I can answer or get the answer to while I'm here?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by CJNoobie
I just started a five-night points stay as a Diamond and am here now. Does anyone have any questions about the property that I can answer or get the answer to while I'm here?
what's the spirits selection like? ;-)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
When is their next sale, so they are within my company’s rate cap?! I jest (not really) - enjoy your stay!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by thbe
As far as I know, they have no exactly schedule for that. I think, they should load September soon, but maybe they'll do that in 3-4 weeks.

You can try to send an email. Maybe they know it.
Speak of the devil. I had been checking daily for a few weeks, and the schedule for September just went up today. No base city view rooms available for cash, but there are Bay View and Executive Cities up.

Having tried both, I think I'll just sit tight for the moment and wait for a flash sale on the Bay Views (or wait out a city).
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:50 am

How's the breakfast?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Speak of the devil. I had been checking daily for a few weeks, and the schedule for September just went up today. No base city view rooms available for cash, but there are Bay View and Executive Cities up.

Having tried both, I think I'll just sit tight for the moment and wait for a flash sale on the Bay Views (or wait out a city).
I had almost the same for an award stay in April. After the first loading, they had only premium awards available (but they had standard rooms for cash). Even an email couldn't help. Later they offered the standard award room. After a few weeks, that availabilty was gone again.

I'm afraid, you have to check often (somethng between daily and weekly) to avoid missing the availability of the city view roooms. But easy to do by app.

Of course you can ask, if they have an event there and that is why the standard rooms are not available.

And by the way: Conrad Tokyo is often a good place to burn points instead of cash.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by zack14
How's the breakfast?
Had breakfast in the lounge the first morning. Eggs cooked to order (Benedict) and buffet spread we're the best if any lounge I've visited so far, but this is my first visit to Asia. Lounge is on the 37th floor and gets very crowded but still got a decent table .
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by gcampbell

When is their next sale, so they are within my company’s rate cap?! I jest (not really) - enjoy your stay!
I believe they do sales both in Spring and Fall. I saw base rooms going for as low as $450 or so a few weeks before we arrived. I booked months ago on points though so wasn't paying much attention.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zack14
How's the breakfast?
Had breakfast in the main restaurant a few years ago (free for diamonds). Was the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Delicious spread with some outstanding views of Tokyo. Can't wait to go back.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by GLABA
what's the spirits selection like? ;-)
Extensive and EXPENSIVE. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.