Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by padirescu
Thinking of booking a points stay here in July. I need two rooms as there will be four of us (spouse & two kids). My question is will Diamond benefits (i.e. lounge access) be extended to all four of us or just the two in my room?
Stayed at the Conrad Tokyo in April 2017 (spouse and two kids) and the we were all able to take advantage of the diamond benefits (breakfast and lounge).

Child Age: 4 & 6
padirescu likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I have an award stay coming up at this hotel for 2 nights. Currently have gold status. I was thinking about picking up the hilton card to get diamond status but not sure the difference between gold and diamond make it worth the AF. I'll have some other hilton stays this year where I can use the status but this would likely be the only conrad I'm going to have stays at based on my destinations.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Red259
I have an award stay coming up at this hotel for 2 nights. Currently have gold status. I was thinking about picking up the hilton card to get diamond status but not sure the difference between gold and diamond make it worth the AF. I'll have some other hilton stays this year where I can use the status but this would likely be the only conrad I'm going to have stays at based on my destinations.
My first ever stay at this property was also my first time in Japan. As a Gold at the time, I did not receive an upgrade from the city view room I booked, did not have access to the lounge, but did get free breakfast. The second time around I was Diamond, and did get an upgrade to a bay view room. The standard rooms at this property are fantastic, and view wise, at least for me, there isn't much of a difference. The city skyline of Tokyo holds its own when it comes to views. As for lounge access, I popped in one time during my second stay just to check it out. Most of my travels are personal, so lounge access doesn't mean much for me since I'll most likely have dinner plans, especially in a city like Tokyo. As for whether or not to get the Aspire, if your sole purpose is to get Diamond status, then I personally wouldn't go for it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
I had a two night stay here at the end of August, booked on two different award reservations, and as a Gold we were upgraded to a bay view. I'm not sure the big annual fee is worth the extra status, but I've never had anything beyond gold. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Saribo
I had a two night stay here at the end of August, booked on two different award reservations, and as a Gold we were upgraded to a bay view. I'm not sure the big annual fee is worth the extra status, but I've never had anything beyond gold. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
Stayed at the Conrad Tokyo in April 2017 (spouse and two kids) and the we were all able to take advantage of the diamond benefits (breakfast and lounge).

Child Age: 4 & 6
That's because your kids were 4 & 6. Their policy is that kids staying free who're 6 & over will each incur a charge of 3500yen + tax/surcharge. For your 6yo, they probably waived it since he/she is right at the borderline age-wise.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:34 pm

Since I've been confused by their surcharge policies in the past, I thought I'd get this clarified once and for all in advance of my upcoming stay in a couple months.

- Children 17 and under stay free if they don't require additional bedding.
- Any child 6 & over staying for free will incur a charge of 3500yen + tax/svc (~4300yen total) each for lounge access (which would include free breakfast), if staying for free with Diamond adult guest.
- Also, if you wish to get an extra bed, it will cost 7500yen + tax/svc. Not complimentary for Diamond.
- However, you can choose to make your paid booking such that you count your child (or one of your two children) as an adult... ie, book 3 adults. In that case, in exchange for paying the room rate for that child (ie, counting your child as an adult), you will get the 3rd bed at no extra charge and there will be no 3500yen lounge access fee for that child. Note that this does not apply to award stays. With award stays, technically only 2 people will be granted free lounge access if Diamond (Diamond primary guest +1) and any extra bed incurs a fee regardless if you book the room for 2+1, 3+0 or 1+2, because the award cost is the same regardless.
[*above noted fees are subject to change, as with anything]

I wish Conrad in Jpn (and Hiltons in Jpn, in general) didn't try to nickel and dime you so much. Although Conrad Tokyo is superior to Conrad HKG in many ways (breakfast buffet, lounge offerings), Conrad HKG is more flexible and generous in most aspects.

Last edited by evergrn; Sep 6, 2019 at 8:20 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I'm contemplating staying here in a few months, our first return to the Conrad Tokyo since we were there during the Tohoku disaster. We had fond memories of this hotel, and the wonderful treatment by the staff. At the time, Gordon Ramsey has a Michelin-starred restaurant that was out-of-this-world, and they also catered the food in the lounge.

I've browsed through recent threads and wonder whether what kind of experience we might have on returning here, and hope the community can give me some input:

1. How nice is the lounge? When I read that it gets crowded, this did not seem like the same lounge that we experienced. Never more then 10 or so people, and never a waitlist. The food in the lounge used to be exceptional.

2. Ramsey's restaurant closed down. Are there any good restaurants within the hotel that you would recommend?

3. Does the rooms appear to have updated beddings and furnishings? Seven years ago when we last stayed, everything was gleaming.

Many thanks for your insights.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:38 pm

1. The lounge is nice enough with pretty good food offerings. They have added a new section across the original lounge, so seating is probably doubled than before. My favorite time at the lounge is 3PM when they serve afternoon tea (scones and ice cream), but others can chime in about alcoholic beverages as I don't drink.
2. Can't comment about in-house restaurants, but the all day dining and lounge always seem busy during afternoon/evening. I think it's quite popular for business people in the area.
3. I think everything is still the same as before - immaculately maintained.

This property is still my favorite Conrad in the world - although that may change when I visit Osaka later this year.
747FC likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:28 pm

Another question for the community: Does anyone have any experience taking the limousine bus from the Conrad to Narita? I wonder whether there are many additional stops in the city before heading to NRT?

Many thanks!
Old May 14, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by 747FC
Another question for the community: Does anyone have any experience taking the limousine bus from the Conrad to Narita? I wonder whether there are many additional stops in the city before heading to NRT?

Many thanks!
I took the narita bus a few weeks ago, it stopped at 3/4 other hotels in the area and then straight to Narita.
747FC and nollbit like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

Concierge Email

If anyone has the email for the concierge, I'd appreciate it if you could post. Thank you.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by 747FC
If anyone has the email for the concierge, I'd appreciate it if you could post. Thank you.
[email protected]
Old May 17, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Domo Arigato!
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:26 am

I'll be arriving pretty early (11am). In case the room isn't available, does anybody know if I'll be able to take a shower in the gym? I'm a Diamond if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.