Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:06 pm

I've redeemed the last 3 of my Citicard weekend certificates here, never a problem.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by milgom
I've just been told by a hilton rep that a Citi Free Weekend Night certificates cannot be used in Conrad Tokyo because they supposedly don't have a basic room even though they have standard awards availability (it's listed when clicking on pay with points) and that hotel is not in the list of excluded hotels.

Did anyone have that issue before? I find that redeeming the Weekend Night Certificates is always extremely difficult. I've had that issue before too when redeeming a certificate and it's always an hassle getting it to work.
Never heard of that before. I had no issue redeeming a Weekend Night cert here a couple of years ago (was even upgraded to a suite as a Diamond)
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSenise
What's the Conrad Tokyo like on a one night award stay as gold honors?

On our last night of a three week tour, i'd like to be back in tokyo for the night before our flight out. we'll begin our trip with a fairly long stay at the hilton tokyo so we'll explore the city plus some day trips then. our flight out is on a sunday night, around 19h00. my guess is that we'll be pretty much exhausted by then so i was thinking that a 16h00 checkout would be perfect if we just wanted to go out a bit in the morning and then back to the hotel for a shower before the overnight flight out of NRT.
I would be grateful for any opinions on whether or not this is a good use of 95k honors points.
I can't comment on what the Conrad Tokyo provides beyond normal, publicized Gold benefits. I have generally found no difference if I've stayed there on awards vs. paid, but for me it's always been as a Diamond.

Now on the 95K points.. I wouldn't want to spend that much personally, but your YMMV, of course. Maybe there is so no choice though..

Finally, I would take the Limousine Bus service from the hotel to NRT. It is door to door, and you can even put the purchase to your room charge, if you'd like.

Here is the timetable published on the Conrad site, but I would check with the Concierge the day before, since it could have changed, and you do need to reserve your ride for a specific bus (http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...w_Apr_2015.pdf).
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Never heard of that before. I had no issue redeeming a Weekend Night cert here a couple of years ago (was even upgraded to a suite as a Diamond)
Same here. No issues last January.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by milgom
I've just been told by a hilton rep that a Citi Free Weekend Night certificates cannot be used in Conrad Tokyo because they supposedly don't have a basic room even though they have standard awards availability (it's listed when clicking on pay with points) and that hotel is not in the list of excluded hotels.

Did anyone have that issue before? I find that redeeming the Weekend Night Certificates is always extremely difficult. I've had that issue before too when redeeming a certificate and it's always an hassle getting it to work

I also know multiple people that were able to redeem it before so it is weird that it seems to always be so difficult when I try.

At least, the support rep filed a support request and I hope this will be solved.
I redeemed 3 Weekend Certs here for a stay in June,2016. We were upgraded and given lounge access for our Diamond status. As with airlines, you can't always count on the phone reps knowledge. Perhaps you should HUCA?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have just phoned today and booked a free (weekend) night in October using Citi Free Night Certificate. No problems with availability. Currently standard room is 95,000 HH points or 74,970 ++ Yen <gasp>. I'm only sorry I only have 1 free night certificate.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Ok, I was finally able to book it. So, yes, HUCA...
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Flash sale now on?

Hi,

I was checking prices for a potential trip in November and there seems to be a 50% flash sale on ( full prepayment and nonrefundable)

Prices at the conrad from c Y25,000

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I was checking prices for a potential trip in November and there seems to be a 50% flash sale on ( full prepayment and nonrefundable)

Prices at the conrad from c Y25,000

Regards

TBS
yes. Received an email from Hilton regarding an up to 50% off for Japan and Korea properties.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:58 am

Anyone have experience with a linking mixed award and cash reservations as a gold for the Conrad tokyo? Going in mid November and have 3 points nights and 1 cash night, standard and exec floor respectively. Will they combine the reservation so at least I don't have to check in and out?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sempervivum
Anyone have experience with a linking mixed award and cash reservations as a gold for the Conrad tokyo? Going in mid November and have 3 points nights and 1 cash night, standard and exec floor respectively. Will they combine the reservation so at least I don't have to check in and out?
You'll have to book them "separately" but one can either call the Hilton desk to make a notation on the first reservation, or they can easily also handle it at the front desk upon arrival. However if you call the Hilton desk in advance, the hotel will be in a better position to ensure that you don't need to switch rooms between the reservations.

Since you have a paid Exec level reservations they would most likely grant the whole stay on that floor.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sempervivum
Last year I had 2 reservations in 2 different names (DH and mine). I sent a note to the hotel (there is an email on the confirmation notice) asking them to combine and everything worked perfectly.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I can't comment on what the Conrad Tokyo provides beyond normal, publicized Gold benefits. I have generally found no difference if I've stayed there on awards vs. paid, but for me it's always been as a Diamond.

Now on the 95K points.. I wouldn't want to spend that much personally, but your YMMV, of course. Maybe there is so no choice though..

Finally, I would take the Limousine Bus service from the hotel to NRT. It is door to door, and you can even put the purchase to your room charge, if you'd like.

Here is the timetable published on the Conrad site, but I would check with the Concierge the day before, since it could have changed, and you do need to reserve your ride for a specific bus (http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...w_Apr_2015.pdf).
thanks for the advice teemuflyer. you're right about the 95k points. what was i thinking?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

All guest rooms at Conrad Tokyo will be non-smoking from October 1, 2017 onwards.
source

Nice to see this update on their homepage.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Yes, it's good, there's nothing worst than entering in a hotel room and getting that smell of old cigarettes. Often enough, even non-smoking rooms in smoking hotels in Japan are smelly...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.