FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Thanks very much for that AlwaysAisle

Regards

Tbs
Old May 8, 2022, 11:04 am

Was searching for availability at the Conrad and it looks like there's plenty, except for the dates I'm may be in Tokyo. Seems odd - it's sold out 9/26 - 10/3. Is there a major event or festival in Tokyo at that time that I'm unaware of?

Thanks!
Charlie9 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Was searching for availability at the Conrad and it looks like there's plenty, except for the dates I'm may be in Tokyo. Seems odd - it's sold out 9/26 - 10/3. Is there a major event or festival in Tokyo at that time that I'm unaware of?

Thanks!
NBA Games

https://www.nba.com/news/warriors-wi...-japan-in-2022
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
Thank you for the info! I would not have guessed that they would book the entire hotel for almost 3 weeks for that.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Thank you for the info! I would not have guessed that they would book the entire hotel for almost 3 weeks for that.
You stated a one week window so I thought it might be for that. They usually book up a few hotels for a week during these international games. I have no idea if this is the case for the Conrad.
Cynicor likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Starting April 29, the executive lounge will open for breakfast.

Hotel Information: From Monday, 25 April to Sunday, 8 May 2022

37th Floor
Executive Lounge
Breakfast 7:00 am-10:30 am (Closed on 25-28 April)

Actually, I liked breakfast at the restaurant better than the breakfast at the executive lounge. Because the restaurant has far more selections compared with the executive lounge.

P.S.
The above covers the Golden Week (major holiday week) in Japan. Would like to think the executive lounge will continue to open for breakfast after the Golden Week, but no mention of that. Better to check during the first week of May to see if the executive lounge continues to open for breakfast after May 8.

Is anybody know the lounge is still opened for breakfast after golden week ?
Old May 17, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chris Fong
Is anybody know the lounge is still opened for breakfast after golden week ?
Since you are in the novel position of being too busy to check the hotel website but not too busy to post here, I will do so for you and confirm that, throughout the rest of month of May, the Executive Lounge is open for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday only.
broadwayboy likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:08 pm

Thoughts on this hotel with a nearly 3YO toddler? (In winter 2023 Feb)
I’ve only stayed when childless and therefore it’s never entered my mind.
My kid loves being outside and doing things, but he’s happy to play on the simplest stuff. I know there’s a park over the road and a bunch of shops below the hotel which makes access to simple food quite easy (plus lounge).
the hotel has better access to the rest of Tokyo thank odiaba, which is another thought. There’s a bit of stuff to do there for the kids, but the monorail there isn’t too far away either.

decisions decisions!
THECLIPPERS and MattEvan like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynicor
My kid loves being outside and doing things, but he’s happy to play on the simplest stuff. I know there’s a park over the road and a bunch of shops below the hotel which makes access to simple food quite easy (plus lounge).
The park over the road is a nightmare to get to, and there really isn't much there that would be of interest to a small child.

I think a toddler would have much more fun either in the vicinity of the Hilton Shinjuku (Central Park has some really nice playgrounds) or Hilton Odaiba.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
the hotel has better access to the rest of Tokyo thank odiaba, which is another thought. There’s a bit of stuff to do there for the kids, but the monorail there isn’t too far away either.

decisions decisions!
The Park Hyatt Tokyo treated our baby and then toddler like royalty. There is a fantastic local playground across the street (safe walk with lights and pedestrian crossings) in Shinjuku Chuo Koen. Our kiddo absolutely loved meeting and playing with the local Nishi Shinjuku children. The playground is called Yugu.

I cannot recommend this enough if the location is tolerable for your trip goals.
Cynicor likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
The Park Hyatt Tokyo treated our baby and then toddler like royalty. There is a fantastic local playground across the street (safe walk with lights and pedestrian crossings) in Shinjuku Chuo Koen. Our kiddo absolutely loved meeting and playing with the local Nishi Shinjuku children. The playground is called Yugu.

I cannot recommend this enough if the location is tolerable for your trip goals.
As this is a Hilton forum, I assumed I was limited to Hilton choices. Hilton Shinjuku has access to the same park (Shinjuku Chuo Koen = Shinjuku Central Park), although it would be a considerably longer walk from the far end of the park to get to those places.

Location-wise, Hyatt Regency Tokyo is between the two, but has the added advantage of a direct bridge to the park, so not a single traffic light need be traversed. And is much, much cheaper than PHT.

Also, "Yugu" is literally the Japanese word for any playground items (遊具), not the name of this particular park.
Cynicor likes this.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 18, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 7:56 pm

Thank you all so far! I would prefer Hilton options, but am open to others. Being diamond vs nothing means that I tend to save a little on the random stuff like lounge, breakfast etc.

Open to more thoughts. I do like nice hotels and rooms, but need to consider my sanity for the kid, too!
Old May 18, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Odaiba I think would be the better "all around" option. Very nice lounge, much better access to shopping and restaurants, attractions like the Legoland Discovery Center, and some interesting park areas by the bay.

And you may even be able to stay in this room:

Cynicor likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
And you may even be able to stay in this room:

If that's actually a hotel room, it looks like it'd be fun for anyone, adult or child.
Cynicor and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:04 pm

I arrived at the hotel at 6:45 AM today and even though my room is ready they won’t let me check in unless I pay for another night so I’m just waiting but they did offer me free breakfast in the restaurant which was nice.

Smorrebord Lobster

Some items from the Japanese section of the buffet

Diamond member breakfast is in the restaurant Monday through Friday which I think is much better than the lounge.

As a diamond member you get the full buffet breakfast plus you can order one dish of the menu.

I was upgraded to a suite so I’m happy about that.

I’m Diamond like everyone else with Hilton for the data point.
demue and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.