Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by evergrn
If there's a hotel breakfast buffet in Tokyo that's better than Conrad's, I'd like to know.
Agree that Conrad Tokyo's buffet is excellent, but the Palace Hotel Tokyo's is definitely better and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other 'ultra-lux' properties in Tokyo also have superior breakfast buffets. Asking in the luxury hotels forum thread on Tokyo hotels may yield more opinions: Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Agree that Conrad Tokyo's buffet is excellent, but the Palace Hotel Tokyo's is definitely better and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other 'ultra-lux' properties in Tokyo also have superior breakfast buffets. Asking in the luxury hotels forum thread on Tokyo hotels may yield more opinions: Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)
Ritz Tokyo have this special " croissant waffle" for breakfast to die for
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Ritz Tokyo have this special " croissant waffle" for breakfast to die for
You don't have a picture do you?
I skimmed through all the food pics on tripadvisor for Ritz, but the only waffle picture I found showed just a regular looking waffle with syrup and what appears to be cream/butter with vanilla beans.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:12 pm

You don't have a picture do you?
I skimmed through all the food pics on tripadvisor for Ritz, but the only waffle picture I found showed just a regular looking waffle with syrup and what appears to be cream/butter with vanilla beans.
here

Last edited by xmzzn123; Nov 29, 2018 at 10:13 pm Reason: not showing
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:57 pm

That is croissant indeed, isn't it?! Does it taste just like croissant (non-sweet, buttery and airy on the inside) or cross between croissant and waffle (sweet, dense on the inside)?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:34 pm

That is croissant indeed, isn't it?! Does it taste just like croissant (non-sweet, buttery and airy on the inside) or cross between croissant and waffle (sweet, dense on the inside)?
cant post pic here....inside is more dense with mochi-like texture
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:08 pm

cant post pic here....inside is more dense with mochi-like texture
You can see it now (link now works).
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:14 am
Suspended

Really? I've stayed at many hotels (although admittedly not Ritz-Carlton) in Jpn and HKG, and I might actually have Conrad Tokyo's breakfast buffet as my #1 all-time. I think it's better than I've had at Conrad HKG, Island Shangri-la, JW Marriott, Intercontinental, etc, etc, certainly better than any I've had in Tokyo. Not many buffets give you a choice of cooked-to-order entree, in addition to the buffet. Conrad Tokyo's breakfast dim sum items are definitely better than the dim sum you get at breakfast buffet in any of the aforementioned HKG hotels.

If there's a hotel breakfast buffet in Tokyo that's better than Conrad's, I'd like to know.
I have to agree. I never had a breakfast spread that was better than the Conrad Tokyo, certainly nothing free. The only thing that maybe comes close is Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi (and I had to pay for that).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Grapenut
One question for everyone on the topic of station location: are people really using the skywalks to access Shimbashi and finding it faster than underground? My trips have been during colder months so it never occurred to me to use the skywalks.

Yeah I've found the the underground route to be much faster and easier. Easy 5 minute walk to Shimbashi.
That and I like to hit the family mart on the way to Shimbashi.
Haha yes very handy the FamilyMart.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Considering a future award booking at this property.Last time I stayed I was gold. I heard property is pretty stingy with upgrades and I am currently diamond. This still the case? The room didn't blow me away last time but I know I had lounge access (think the food selection was pretty weak at the time) and I remember the hotel, staff (staff was very very good) and surrounding area well.

Last edited by Red259; Dec 8, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:07 pm

Was there meant to be a question in that last post? Diamond upgrades are still poor, on the whole. Sometimes just to "executive".
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

Yea I accidentally edited the question out, which is whether or not diamond recognition is still pretty low. In any event it looks like they don't have standard rooms available at any time during my stay in Japan and they want an absurd number of points for a redemption, so it seems I will need to look elsewhere. Gotta love it when you have points/award nights but can't find properties that will allow you to redeem them.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:36 pm

Availability on points and even cash in Tokyo is really odd. Not just for Conrad but it is very obvious with them. If you are keen, I'd keep checking, esp at the 6-8 month out mark, and then closer in. Will probably open up.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Availability on points and even cash in Tokyo is really odd. Not just for Conrad but it is very obvious with them. If you are keen, I'd keep checking, esp at the 6-8 month out mark, and then closer in. Will probably open up.
I dunno i am about 4 1/2 months away and it still is blocked off for points.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:23 pm
Suspended

I'm glad I booked my room in April when I did. Seems like people are having trouble finding availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.