Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Cheapest and Least-Expensive Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Cheapest and Least-Expensive Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by Beckles
So, end of the year is approaching and some of us need a stay or two to hit Diamond (too many Priceline stays this year!). With online check-in and virtual keys it would seem location no longer matters for these stays, just need to check-in and get your key, no need to actually show up, right? So, what are some of the cheapest properties anywhere in the world we can use to get a few stays?
I can't vouch for the check in online, but never actually show up method, as I've never done it before. But I will say that plenty of cheap rates can be found at business hotels this time of year during the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Business travel practically ceases during these weeks, and business hotels tend to adjust their rates majorly downward in an attempt to fill rooms. As a data point, I recently stayed at a Charlotte, NC area Double Tree on the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving for an MVP rate of about $87 a night!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:22 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Do not be surprised if you are charged as a no-show.
Property can tell if the virtual key was used on the property (lift / room etc).
One of the things I find interesting is that people often over-estimate the sophistication of hotel room key systems, as I believe you are doing. Yes, they probably can tell if the key was used, but to do that they would probably have to query the lock by Bluetooth (the app on your phone communicates with the door lock by Bluetooth). I find it highly unlikely that the night auditor would actually check this before processing your bill early the morning of your check out if you've checked in and received a digital key.

Originally Posted by wantan
Have you tried this before ?
I have not, but I'd be open for someone sharing their experience of what has happened when they've checked-in (with or without a digital key) and not shown up and not cancelled the reservation. The couple of times I have checked-in then didn't end up arriving at the hotel the hotels were kind enough to cancel my reservation without penalty, so I have not had a need to test it.

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
I can't vouch for the check in online, but never actually show up method, as I've never done it before. But I will say that plenty of cheap rates can be found at business hotels this time of year during the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Business travel practically ceases during these weeks, and business hotels tend to adjust their rates majorly downward in an attempt to fill rooms. As a data point, I recently stayed at a Charlotte, NC area Double Tree on the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving for an MVP rate of about $87 a night!
Agreed, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to save some money if I need a few extra stays. I may just stay at a local Embassy Suites and load up on cheap, but free, liquor and breakfast and let my kids splash around in the indoor pool a bit.

I completely know and understand that a no show will not get you credit, however what I'm less sure about is if you check-in online, then if you check-in online and get assigned a digital key it seems like you'd be pretty safely assured of getting credit.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Gloucester in Virginia for a rate of $57.60 plus tax, which totaled $63.53.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Gloucester in Virginia for a rate of $57.60 plus tax, which totaled $63.53.
Were the mice in your extra or were they included in your bill?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:13 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Dovster
Were the mice in your extra or were they included in your bill?
No vermin — the room was clean and the members of the staff friendly.

The property is currently undergoing a renovation; but my stay was unaffected. I would not be surprised if the room rates increased after the renovation was completed — and, of course, when the area is back in season.

If any mice were to be in my room, they would have to pay for at least part of the stay — as well as agree that I would get all of the points...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Must be one of the lowest surely?
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Booking a hotel for Riga this coming March and I found the HGI Riga Old Town is 44 Euros for a prepaid rate or 56 for the HHonors Discount Rate.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Starting the year out correctly. 01/02/2020 Home2 in RAP for $41.00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.