Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Mexico, USA {US-NM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Mexico, USA {US-NM}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Mexico, USA {US-NM}

Hello, I just found this website last night and I love it. I ended up staying up until 2 am last night reading thru everything. I am going to Albuquerque for business in a couple of weeks -- which is better the Hilton or Double Tree?

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Personally , I like the Homewood Suites, its about 18 months old I believe and near a mall and in a decent location, although I guess it depends where in ABQ you need to be
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Depends upon where you nee to be, but the Hilton Garden Inn in Rio Rancho is reasonably priced and only a year or two old.

Also, do a search for Albuquerque here in the Hilton forum and you will find quite a lot of information.

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:54 pm

I have to agree with TrojanHorse, it depends upon where you want to be in ABQ. Although the DoubleTree downtown is not a new property, it is located next to the convention center and close to Route 66 and Central Ave. There are some great places to see and visit on Cenral Ave. Depending on the weather you can walk or take the bus through the old neighborhoods and visit the Zoo and Old Town.

If you want to stay by the Cottonwood Mall, the Hilton Garden Inn in Rio Rancho is your best bet, however this is not really ABQ, it is the West Mesa. Although your views of the valley and the Sandia and Manzano Mts. are great, I still like the downtown atmosphere.

Have a great time and key an eye out for the Hot Air Balloons.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 6:11 pm

The Hilton Garden Inn is nice and they will upgrade you so that breakfast is included if you are gold.

The Doubletree is well maintained. If you are gold, you'll get upgraded room, full breakfast in the restaurant and a drink in the bar for every night you are there--the nachos in the bar are really good. I like the downtown location of the Doubletree. If you decide on Doubletree, go through all 4 pages of room rates; sometimes the best ones aren't listed until the last page, though sometimes they do show up on the first page.

Pat
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:52 pm

I would go with the Albuquerque Hilton great hotel with many lounges and restaurants. Good location as well.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback. I booked a room at the Hilton.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 10:43 pm

I'm thinking of staying at the Hilton Albuquerque for a trip this summer because it has better rates than the DT (around the same as the Hampton Inn midtown). What is the difference between a "cabana room" and a "main tower room"? The cheaper rates are for the cabana rooms.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 4:31 pm

The "Cabana Rooms" are in a seperate two- or three-story wing alongside the pool, while the "Main Tower Rooms" are in the original hotel building.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:17 pm

Thanks. Are the Cabana Rooms nicer/bigger or not-as-nice/smaller?
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:30 pm

The cabana rooms are adjacent the swimming pool, outdoor tables, and gym; and right across from the bar (which oftentimes has live music), ballrooms and conference rooms. They are roughly the same size as the tower rooms, but are much noiser because they are close to so many activities. The top two Tower floors are designated the Executive levels, require key access, and are the nicest rooms.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
The hotel is also directly adjacent to I-40. Depending upon how much time you plan to spend in your room, the noise from the highway could be an issue.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Stayed at the homewood suites in Albequerque last August. I would definitely recommend it. It is a lovely property, and very nice buffet breakfast.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Apr 2, 2003, 8:08 am

Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:43 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
I am staying at the ABQ DT in a couple weeks and was wondering if there is an Exec Lounge and is it worth a visit.

------------------
HH Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.