Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Vancouver Washington {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vancouver Washington {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Arrow Hilton Vancouver Washington {US-WA}

Anyone stayed here?

Any thoughts, comments or notes are great as we are traveling to PDX in October.

SCA

Noted....July 6th for bookings.......

Last edited by SAnger3494; Apr 26, 2005 at 9:42 am
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:51 am

Hilton Vancouver is a brand new (un-opened) Hotel

Originally Posted by SAnger3494
Anyone stayed here?

Any thoughts, comments or notes are great as we are traveling to PDX in October. SCA Noted....July 6th for bookings.......

This is a brand new hotel located about 12 miles from Portland on the northern side of the Columbia River. Because of the bridges. traffic is heavy between Portland and Vancouver in peak periods, and I suggest that you take this into account when planning your trip.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

If it isn't clear to some people, the Hilton is located in Vancouver, WA.
Old May 4, 2005, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold
Anyone stayed here?

Any thoughts, comments or notes are great as we are traveling to PDX in October.

SCA

Why would you stay in Vancouver? There is nothing to do there. I'm pretty sure you can get a really good rate at a downtown PDX hotel (there is a huge Hilton/Hilton Executive Hotel). Just a suggestion....
Old May 4, 2005, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by iflypdx
Why would you stay in Vancouver?
$$$ a reduced rate - especially on business.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
I am staying there later this month and will report on my experience. As a 'Couve native, I'd be happy to recommend things to do (there are some).
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
this hotel is great

We stayed there last week. Brand new, UGed to suite, excellent restaurant with very reasonable prices and right in town on a nice park. this hotel is a 10, great service will stay again. Makes downtown portland hotel look like a dump. ^ ^ ^
Old Jul 4, 2005, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I drove by this place yesterday and noticed that it's right next to the Convention Center. This helps me understand the location.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: A Program or Two
Hilton Vancouver Very Nice

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last two weeks while work on our home was being completed. As one poster noted, it is brand new attached to the convention center. It opened in mid-June, I think. Depending on which side of the hotel you stay on, you get a view of either a very nice park in downtown Vancouver, or a limited view of the Columbia river. The service is excellent, the restaurant, Grays (sp?) is quite good and the staff are friendly and eager to please. We were upgrade to suites on both our stays.

I'll take the Hilton Vancouver over anything in downtown Portland every time!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Vancouver WA trivia of the day...

Once upon a time, Vancouver WA was famous as the place Californians who couldn't get married legally went to get married. Yes, it's true - though people may stereotypically think of southern states when they think of miscegenation laws prohibiting "marriage across racial lines," California was one of those states, and AFAIK they could not marry in Nevada or Oregon either - so Vancouver, WA was the closest place to northern California residents of different races could go and legally marry. No Hilton in those days, but it was a popular destination even then.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I usually stay at the the PDX Hilton Garden Inn when I am visiting friends in Vancouver, but admit I am intrigued by this hotel, so I look forward to reports and should I ever stay, will add one of my own.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
I was in town last week but didn't end up staying at the Hilton. I did have dinner at the restaurant, which for Vancouver is quite classy. They have a number of local products such as marionberry ice cream which are really great.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:31 am

Anyone stayed here?

SCA

Stayed here for three days in mid July. New hotel, with wonderful service. Concierge desk was quite helpful with my requests. I'd stay here again without hesitation.
Across the street is a very nice park for strolling about. A "farmers market" was there on one morning, another day had a crafts fair with 30-40 vendor tents.
Food was quite good, priced resonably.
My only complaint, the business center was not up and operational. Staff went out of their way to assist with faxes, info,. etc so not too big a deal. Said they were waiting on equipment and I imagine it's all fine now.

Enjoy.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I'll be out in Vancouver on business next month, but I'm torn between staying here and at the Portland location. I'm from Portland, but never stayed in a hotel there...maybe I'll split it to rush my diamond qualification.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 7:29 am

Anyone stayed here?

SCA

Stayed several times over the summer when I had business in Portland and Vancouver and Southern Washington. Nice small health club and a small pool that you can "kind of do" laps in. Room overlooked the city park where there always seems to be something going on in summer. Modern, warm, aesthetically pleasing interiors with nice beds. Water pressure was solid. At the time (1st month of operation) rates were dirt cheap, around $100. A few minutes from Columbia waterfront where there a re a couple of interesting places to eat. Very convenient to I-5, ten minutes from PDX and 2.5 hours to Seattle.

Downside is if you have rush hour business in Portland or South Western suburbs the traffic is fairly congested on I-5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.