Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Warsaw City {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Nice three night stay here. Booked cheapest room as diamond during sale. No upgrade on app prior to arrival, but given executive room on 24th floor upon check in. Excellent value for money. Nice room with good view. Staff are all very, very nice.

Breakfast was available in lounge or restaurant. Good in restaurant.

Lounge is good size on first floor. There is an upstairs area and an interesting outside seating area. Not much at tea time. Happy hour has full liquor, wine, and beer. Food was solid but not awesome. A good number of babies and kids each night.

Hotel is not near the center at all. Seems like most of the area was cleared of post-war buildings, but then nothing ever replaced them. The area is therefore, however, quiet and low stress.

Grocery store and a couple places to eat out the back door and across the courtyard. Good local food a long block and a half straight east. Uprising museum and 'city tour' bus stop a block and a half west. Bus tour was a full two hours and only about 15 usd. So there are things around but not alot.

My wife got a couple of spa treatments in the Holmes Fitness center which is attached. So, she was happy.

Taxi from the airport was 28pln, so only 7usd! Really fun and inexpensive trip.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Spent 3 pleasant nights here last week. Booked standard kingsize, got upgraded to exec kingsize on 25th floor (26th is top floor) with a spectacular view of the city.

We flew into Warsaw Modlin (the airport used by the dreadful Ryanair). We took an Uber, which cost a very reasonable 63 złoty (UKŁ14 / US$18) for the 45 minute ride. The hotel is located quite a walk away from the centre of the city or the old town. It's a pleasant walk, but after a long day doing tourist stuff we were happy to use Uber again - and no ride in the city cost us more than 13 złoty (minimum charge is 10 złoty)

The ground floor exec lounge, with its additional mezzanine level is very good, one of the best I have visited. I only used it on two evenings. Food choice and quality was good. Alcohol included free pour spirits with two different vodkas - Wyborowa and Zubrowka (bison grass). My only minor nit was the screeching child on the mezzanine one evening. All the other kids running around were better behaved.

We took breakfast in the restaurant. Actually the restaurant is currently closed, so breakfast was in the Warsaw Hall, but it didn't seem to suffer as a result. The buffet was huge and great quality, including cooked-to-order omelettes. One highlight was fresh honeycomb from hives on the roof of the hotel.

I will definitely use this hotel again (although my wife now wants to stay in the SPG Hotel Bristol)

Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by navelfluff
Spent 3 pleasant nights here last week. Booked standard kingsize, got upgraded to exec kingsize on 25th floor (26th is top floor) with a spectacular view of the city.

We flew into Warsaw Modlin (the airport used by the dreadful Ryanair). We took an Uber, which cost a very reasonable 63 złoty (UKŁ14 / US$18) for the 45 minute ride. The hotel is located quite a walk away from the centre of the city or the old town. It's a pleasant walk, but after a long day doing tourist stuff we were happy to use Uber again - and no ride in the city cost us more than 13 złoty (minimum charge is 10 złoty)

The ground floor exec lounge, with its additional mezzanine level is very good, one of the best I have visited. I only used it on two evenings. Food choice and quality was good. Alcohol included free pour spirits with two different vodkas - Wyborowa and Zubrowka (bison grass). My only minor nit was the screeching child on the mezzanine one evening. All the other kids running around were better behaved.

We took breakfast in the restaurant. Actually the restaurant is currently closed, so breakfast was in the Warsaw Hall, but it didn't seem to suffer as a result. The buffet was huge and great quality, including cooked-to-order omelettes. One highlight was fresh honeycomb from hives on the roof of the hotel.

I will definitely use this hotel again (although my wife now wants to stay in the SPG Hotel Bristol)
The Warsaw Hilton is indeed a good hotel and the executive lounge is also very good (and the Summer or weekend rates can be very good value). Breakfast is good (especially compared to many other European hotels) but compared to the other Warsaw hotels that we have tried (Sofitel, Intercontinental and Bristol) the breakfast was only average...

The Bristol is just a whole different kind of hotel (but usually much more expensive than the Hilton). A true 5* world class hotel that does everything right (in my opinion). Their breakfast is far superior to the Hilton breakfast with a lovely terrace (in summer), a whole range of Polish delicacies, sparkling wine and a complete dessert (!!) buffet.

The Intercontinental has freshly made sushi, ice cream (!!) and about 15 different (many Polish) cheeses on their breakfast buffet and the pool on the top floor (35th floor??) is amazing!!

Even the Sofitel breakfast is far superior to the Hilton's, as are their 'newly renovated- rooms and their amazing spa...

As I said the Hilton is good, but compared to it's Warsaw competitors, it is only 'average'. You will know what I mean when you try the Bristol!!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Delectatio
As I said the Hilton is good, but compared to it's Warsaw competitors, it is only 'average'. You will know what I mean when you try the Bristol!!
Very useful data points, thank you. I will get the Bristol booked for next year's trip ^
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
For those concerned about this hotel being on the edge of civilization. There is now a metro station (on the new line) about 300m from the hotel (Rondo Daszynskiego) and is only a few stops away from the Old Town area..
navelfluff likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Fanjet
For those concerned about this hotel being on the edge of civilization. There is now a metro station (on the new line) about 300m from the hotel (Rondo Daszynskiego) and is only a few stops away from the Old Town area..
Made use of the metro when we were there last time. Indeed very handy, cheap and only 1 block away from the hotel.
navelfluff likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Bad upgrade / poor front desk staff / i don't like the design of the room (not old but already dated) / housekeeping is average / no mini bar (shame on them for that). They are at least 4 or 5 much better option in town!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I stay there frequently and I always get upgrade either before I show up or while checking in. Last time got upgrade to Corner Panoramic Suite. Lounge food is good, breakfast too and it's not too crowded.

Location is not perfect but I stay there due to good upgrades and general level of service. It's a good business hotel.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:30 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

(Splendid) Stay Report: Executive Panoramic Suite Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention

Executive Panoramic Suite Hilton Warsaw

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:31 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Hilton Warsaw

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:56 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:29 am

Dude, stop clogging up the FT forum to plug your crappy blog. Stay reports are nice, but not when they're needlessly long, impossible to see/read, and obviously intended to further a personal or commercial interest.

FlyerTalk Rules, Section 7:

Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website.
cjd, smmrfld, chrism20 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes sorry, this is not pleasant to read as pointed out and you're nitpicking to silly levels just to caption each photo.

The only thing you have a point on is the shower which is impossible to clean properly because it doesn't have a freehand shower head and poor water pressure across all taps, but that's why I choose not to stay in 26 floor anymore.

Also, its a five category upgrade, not two. Deluxe Corner>Deluxe Business>Executive>Executive Business>Exec Suite.

There's no way tea costs 60 PLN. Anyway, Dilmah Breakfast is on the tea tray for free.
cjd and chrism20 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

Just to echo what the others have said it’s very difficult to read and a bit on the long side with too many pictures - is there any need for ones showing large corridors and stairwells?

Also if you have done a lot of hard study on Flyer Talk you will be aware that there is a dedicated thread for this hotel where this review could have been posted rather than in a separate thread.

The Hilton board here on FT is probably one of the best and is definitely the best hotel one due to everything for a property being in the one thread as it makes it really easy to search and review everything in chronological order.
cjd and treppenlaeufer like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:40 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by chrism20
Just to echo what the others have said it’s very difficult to read and a bit on the long side with too many pictures - is there any need for ones showing large corridors and stairwells?

Also if you have done a lot of hard study on Flyer Talk you will be aware that there is a dedicated thread for this hotel where this review could have been posted rather than in a separate thread.

The Hilton board here on FT is probably one of the best and is definitely the best hotel one due to everything for a property being in the one thread as it makes it really easy to search and review everything in chronological order.
Totally agree. Why do we need to see photos of knives and forks on tables! Also as you state, there is already a dedicated thread for this hotel. See: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...re-pol-22.html
Any posts should be added to that thread. Hopefully the moderators will do that.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
What I do miss here is a photo from the toilet before flushing and afterwards. Just do demonstrate its efficiency of lack of it.

Last edited by Zurich; Feb 4, 2018 at 8:04 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.