Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital Hilton {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
It was a pretty miserable breakfast experience in the summer.
I'd never really heard great things about that lounge.

At this point I think that the best overall Hilton experience for the money in DC is probably the downtown HGIs.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
The area that used to be Mint is going to be a CVS.
Just what the world needs.
Points Scrounger and Dan72 like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'd never really heard great things about that lounge.

At this point I think that the best overall Hilton experience for the money in DC is probably the downtown HGIs.
Indeed especially as The Darcy left the Curio brand recently. Though I do remain hopeful about the Conrad (I haven't stayed there yet).
Old May 5, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I do remain hopeful about the Conrad (I haven't stayed there yet).
Skim the thread - I liked my stay there, but there is an element of expectation management that doesn't seem to be doing the place many favors. Most people are coming in with expectations based on their stays at Asian or ME Conrads (which makes no sense, as no US Conrads compare), or of brands a tier above Conrad (true luxury e.g. FS, RC, and beyond).

It's a very nice U.S. business hotel, brand spanking new, and an extremely welcome addition to the tired D.C. HH portfolio, but it's not going to give the crazy VIP treatment that most people seem to be expecting. I'd be more than happy to stay there for business; for leisure while it was totally worth it to splurge and try out opening weekend, I'm generally not much of a big out-of-pocket spender on personal stays, and I'd still say that on a "value" basis, the HGIs are worth every penny unless something weird happens with rates (which can happen in DC).
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody stayed here recently, any updates on lounge/breakfast/etc? Looking at a mixed personal/biz trip later this month and being at the lower end of the points cost, and two blocks from my company's office, I'm rather tempted. It's either here or the Westin, since at the Westin I can book at a good rate and get closer to requaling for Platinum
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Bumping the thread, planning to stay there soon and wondering what to expect. Diamond if that matters. Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Bumping the thread, planning to stay there soon and wondering what to expect. Diamond if that matters. Thanks.
I’m staying at the property currently and this is what I was able to get. I’m Diamond as well so good comparison

I booked regular room and was offered a city view deluxe or Junior Suite for an additional $30 per night. I elected to do the Jr suite but will say, it’s nothing special to me. I would not do this again cause I don’t see the value. Now a city view is nothing more than the street but the back rooms may have nothing to talk about but I’m not sure.

The bathroom is one of the smallest I’ve ever had in any hotels I’ve stayed in! It’s a single sink which reminded me of a half bath, not a full bath. My wife had a real issue with getting ready with the small space. Did I say it was small? It’s small!!

You will get $18 per person Diamond credit to use in the lounge or restaurant. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good. You can order from the menu or get the buffet. I believe the buffet is about $34 per person.

Parking is $59 per day which I didn’t use as I didn’t have a car.

This property is a little dated and could use an upgrade.

I’ve stayed at the Homewood Suites just up the street and can say, I would stay there over this property hands down. Free morning breakfast and evening reception on the weekdays. I stayed there for over two months when I came to DC to work for two months.

The staff are very welcoming at the Hilton. You should get a message from the hotel welcoming you and offering your choice of upgrades.

Hope this helps a little. Let us know how your stay went to compare
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by NCRBILL
Hope this helps a little. Let us know how your stay went to compare
Thank you, you're amazing. Now I am going to ask my wife if we should switch to the other property. Our event is at the Mayfair Mayflower where our friend is staying, so need to stay easy walking distance to that hotel. I'll report back if i don't change hotels. :-) The Homewood is currently $30 or so a night more than the Hilton rate I got and basically the same walking distance to the Mayfair, for 5 nights wondering....

Last edited by abaheti; Jan 2, 2023 at 2:21 pm Reason: finally changing typo MAYFAIR to MAYFLOWER
Old Dec 12, 2022, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Thank you, you're amazing. Now I am going to ask my wife if we should switch to the other property. Our events at the Mayfair where our friend is staying, so need to stay easy walking distance to that hotel. I'll report back if i don't change hotels. :-) The Homewood is currently $30 or so a night more than the Hilton and basically the same walking distance to the Mayfair, for 5 nights wondering....
You can’t go wrong staying here with a short 5 minute walk to the Mayfair. Not sure how long a stay you are having. A few days and I think this would work for you
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by NCRBILL
You can’t go wrong staying here with a short 5 minute walk to the Mayfair. Not sure how long a stay you are having. A few days and I think this would work for you
A tad run down, Diamond upgrade from generic AAA rate room to a queen with a sitting area (couch, desk, office chair) and a separate wet bar with a fridge and coffee -- bar counter access to the sitting area. Bathroom dated but fine, toilet and shower/tub separate room from the sink area. Good location. $18 credit per person per day (can't roll over between days, so use or lose) for breakfast/food for Diamond. No complaints, good location, lots of space, cheaper than the Garden Inn and closer to what mattered for us. Will edit this to add pics if I am able to edit from my phone.

Adding: Restaurant was so-so, but convenient for a drink, food nothing special. Breakfast better than dinner, full buffet $37 per person. Service overall was fantastic, a lot of the staff has clearly been there a long time and remembers old service.

Last edited by abaheti; Jan 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm Reason: Add pics
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
We stayed at the Capital Hilton this past week for a convention. Booked a queen room at the convention rate and were denied an upgrade. We were told the hotel was sold out, but they were selling all categories of rooms on the website. I didn't push it. Room was spacious but worn and needed a good, thorough cleaning, like baseboards coated with dirt and the bathroom floor looked like it had only been cleaned with a mop, as the edges were unclean. We got the $18.00 food credit, or $36.00 for the two of us. We had breakfast provided at the convention so we used it for lunches. The restaurants are expensive and for $36.00, it was impossible to get 2 lunch. We ordered a Caesar salad for $16.00 and it was so small, we actually counted the pieces of lettuce-14 pieces. We did the food to go, but would have sent it back if we were eating in the restaurant. Quality was inconsistent. We ordered the loaded potatoes on 2 days, and they were completely different each day.

Plus side, the location is within a few blocks of the white house, and if you like a good walk, the Smithsonian buildings were within reach. Staff were lovely, and there was always free bottles of water at the front desk for the asking. The building is old and beautiful. Overall, we would not stay here again if we were choosing the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.