Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Hyde Park {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2000, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton London Hyde Park {GBR}

I'm traveling to London on short notice this week..staying at the Hilton London Hyde Park.

The overnight flight arrives in Gatwick around 7:30 a.m. and I should be at the hotel within a couple of hours or so. The checkin time is 4 pm however ; and while early check-in has been requested they can't guarantee it.

I assume they have a "secure area" where bags could be stored while awaiting check-in ? is it "really safe" ?

Any feedback on this ?
Old Oct 30, 2000, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS Gold75K, AS Board Room, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Went through the same routine at this very hotel in September. They have a locked room where they can store your bags.

This was a good hotel - I would recommend it. *Very* convenient to the tube...right next door to the Queensway station.

Best Regards - DS
Old Oct 30, 2000, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
You can be there inside 40 minutes. Get the heathrow express and then get a cab

Jon
Old Dec 25, 2000, 8:22 am
Suspended

Hilton London Hyde Park hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

I just returned from a 4 night stay at this property and can say that I was very pleased. THe staff was always friendly and very helpful. There isn't a "concierge" desk but they would make the necessary calls to find the information we needed all within a few minutes. The room (607 - the "club room") was nice with a second floor that had great views of Hyde Park. A nice bottle of wine and large fruit bowl came with the room also.

Good job Hilton.

Sorry if this belonged in Trip Reports.

Dick

Old Dec 25, 2000, 1:55 pm
DOC 2 BE

Dear drtravels,

Thanx for the trip report. I am going to London over the President's Day holiday and I have a couple of questions I hope you could answer for me and others who are contemplating staying at this hotel.

1) As you are HHonors Gold, did they also provide you with a complimentary breakfast, if your rate did not include breakfast? If so, was it a "Continental" or "Full Englilsh/Buffet" breakfast?

2) If you were accompanied by a spouse/signifcant other, did you book the room for only 1 person?

3) If you did book for one person and you were accompanied, did your traveling companion also recieve a complimentary breakfast (which ever one), if such was afforded to you?

4) How close were the tube stops to the hotel, and how close was the hotel to the Notting Hill District? Although the Hilton website refers to the hotel as the Hyde Park Hilton, Travelocity refers to it as the Hilton Notting Hill.

5) Can you describe the neighborhood within which the hotel was located?

6) Did your room have 2 levels/floors?

Thanx again for the report and Merry Christmas!!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 12-25-2000).]

Old Dec 25, 2000, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i haven't stayed at this hotel, but i can tell you a bit about the location: it's a short one minute's walk from the queensway tube station (central line). it's a five or six minute walk from the bayswater tube station (district and central lines).

the area surrounding the queensway tube station is a big shopping destination and features branches of all major british chain stores (boots, marks and spencer, body shop, etc.), as well as a modest mall (whiteley's). there are also many good places to eat, including one of my favorite indian restaurants: kahn's.

queensway is one stop away from the notting hill gate tube station, but - depending on where you're headed within notting hill, you could probably just walk.

bayswater road, which is where the hyde park hilton is located, continues on to become holland park avenue. not too far away on holland park avenue you'll find the kensington hilton, (which is one additional stop beyond notting hill gate on the central line, although the hotel itself is about an eight minute walk from the tube).

essentially, notting hill - the neighborhood - can be found between these two hiltons.
Old Dec 25, 2000, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Doc 2 Be:

The breakfast wasn't included and I didn't push the issue since I was given the only suite in the hotel and I guess the wine and fruit basket would count as an "amenity." We were eating on the run anyway.

I believe this room must have been a lounge of some sorts before. The sleeping/bath was on the 6th floor and there is a staircase leading to a sitting area/TV (second level within the same room)with a half circle of windows overlooking the park. I would ask others about the type of other rooms available as they might not be as nice. Actually, the room wasn't that great, somewhat dark, etc but the second floor and the staff made it very nice.

The neighborhood was great as previously described. Paddington and the heathrow express are close by and I'd recommend it for the check-in facilities and ease of getting back to LHR.

Have fun.

Dick
Old Dec 25, 2000, 4:14 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx drtravels and UK Stages for the pertinent information! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

PS--If anyone has questions re Islington Hilton, I'd be happy to answer them!

Old Jan 1, 2001, 4:14 pm

Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
Thanx drtravels and UK Stages for the pertinent information! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

PS--If anyone has questions re Islington Hilton, I'd be happy to answer them!
Yes!, I would like info on Islington Hilton. Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2001, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam

DOC 2 BE,
I too would like info on the Hilton Islington. I'm going to try to visit London sometime this year and I heard in another thread that this hotel is very hip and the area interesting. I know it is a former Stakis hotel but the Hilton website's description is very small. Am I the only person who hates the Hilton website. Other hotel websites (especialy Hyatt's) give photos and complete descriptions of all of their properties. Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2001, 8:41 pm
DOC 2 BE

Dear Writetorich and Applefan,

I would be more than happy to answer whatever questions I can re the Hilton Islington.

Please do a search re "Islington" on the Hilton board, and if there are any questions that you have that I have not addressed in my prior threads, I will try to provideyou with answers.

DOC 2 BE

BTW, I'm planning to stay at that hotel again in February.

Old Apr 29, 2001, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
London Hyde Park Hilton Breakfast??

I was wondering if anyone has had success getting breakfast at the Hyde Park Hilton?

From perusing previous threads on the hotel, it's clear that there's only one room that you can upgrade to, and the only report so far was of no breakfast available, but the person did not push b/c of getting the upgrade and a fruit basket.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am Diamond VIP. Thanks!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2001, 1:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Was at the hotel last week...
At check-in, I asked "I assume that I get free breakfast with my Diamond card"?
The clerk checked the computer for a few seconds and said no problem.
Nice old-fashioned hotel!
Old Apr 29, 2001, 6:30 pm

I was there mid April and did not get offered breakfast.it is really bad that you have to fight for things that should be naturally offered.I was also at kensington and was told that there was no exec club-so no breakfast there either.
Old Apr 30, 2001, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Stayed there last thursday, and also they were not volunteering the breakfeast. When I insisted that this is one of the Gold-/Diamond-benefits, the lady took a look in a list and shortly after replied with "Sure, I'll add that to your rate".

When I got to the breakfeast-room the next morning, nobody was aware of it, but when I showed my gold-card, everything was fine.

In total, though, I did not like the Hilton Hyde Park too much. Too touristy, too loud and a little unattentive service. Stayed the night before at the Metropole, and that was simply a great experience.

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.