Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:49 am
Community Director Emerita

An AXON award has the same issues of availability as any award request. And the Diamond Desk will work with the hotel just as diligently to open up space for an AXON award as they do with any other.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by vicb
Do regualarly listed blackout dates apply to AXON? How does this relate to the stuff I heard about no blackout dates when using your AMEX card?
First question, yes.

Second question, it probably relates because with $20K of HHonors Amex spending in a calendar year you get automatic gold, and a new gold benefit is no blackout dates.

BTW, have you ever seen someone truly flamed on FT, much less in the HHonors forum? Incidents are extremely rare, and dealt with appropriately when they happen. Fear not, newbie one.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
First question, yes.

Second question, it probably relates because with $20K of HHonors Amex spending in a calendar year you get automatic gold, and a new gold benefit is no blackout dates.

BTW, have you ever seen someone truly flamed on FT, much less in the HHonors forum? Incidents are extremely rare, and dealt with appropriately when they happen. Fear not, newbie one.

Thanks Rut Dog! You understood my ? perfectly, I just got upgraded to gold via the 20k perk but didn't get if that applied in this situation. Thinking of using AXON during Easter weekend which normally would be a black out date in Florida. Appreciate the clear answer.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
combining 1 nt paid stay with AXON: upgrade question

I am using an AXON award for early February at the Hilton Whistler Resort and need to add an additional night. The standard rate at that time is 287 CAD and the next category up (where I'm hoping for an upgrade to) is 387 CAD. I felt I'd be better off paying for the additional night rather than using another 40,000 point award and decided to do this at the beginning of my stay. Since I am hoping for an upgrade but won't be arriving at the hotel until after midnight, it occured to my devious little mind that maybe if I booked a higher room category for the first night I would get lucky and be able to keep it for the additional 4 nights.....or.....should I listen to the more rational thoughts which tell me I would probably be wasting the additional money? Does anyone have any past experience with a situation such as this? Thanks in advance for your input!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Devious mind?? On the contrary you are just trying to make the best use of available hotel property space as well as your hard earned HH points.

If it is important to you to get the upgrade, then I would do it.
If it is not that important, then I would just book the cheaper rate and hope for an upgrade.

I have not done an award / paid stay in combination before so I am not positive if they are considered seperate or not. If they are seperate, then the hotel might want to you to come down to the front desk after your 1st night (paid) and check back in again. I think, betting on the goodness of the front desk agent's heart, that you would be able to keep the same room. Even if you did not have to re-check-in, I would just ask nicely if I could keep the same room (the nicer room, if you end up paying for it) when you check-in.

Good luck!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Book the higher category for the first night. It should work. It worked for me even with back-to-back reservations with different room categories. It is easier for them (and cheaper) to keep you in that room as to move you around.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
In march this year had a GLONP award at Hilton Paris.Followed this with a paid night at the lowest rate available.On checkin was upgraded to a high floor with tower views and lounge access.Was told that there was no need to come back to the desk for the last night.
Came back from our early dinner on our last(paid) night and there was another bottle of champagne,chocolates and snack with another welcome letter.Only came up as 1 stay on my honors account but what the heck!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:35 am

If it were me,I'd use the points. At a penny a point it would be worth it. Even at .075,it's a good value.

Last edited by jabez; Oct 26, 2006 at 5:44 am
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks for your replies. I'm traveling with 2 children, so the extra space and mini kitchen of the upgraded room, while not necessary, would certainly be useful and appreciated! I'll probably go ahead and book the higher category room.

Originally Posted by jabez
If it were me,I'd use the points. At a penny a point it would be worth it. Even at .075,it's a good value.
I tend to agree, however, I have redeemed 3 AXON awards in the last 6 months and still need to finish earning points for another AXON and an ALON for a planned trip to Hawaii next summer.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:31 pm

I'd use the paid night (in the better room)first and tag the reward part on at the end. I did the opposite, buying the cheaper room for the last night, and got no upgrade at all.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:51 pm

AXON rewards?

I have been reading about AXON rewards on this website, I understand it is something that people who have hilton amex can use, but what is it exactly? can someone point me to right direction to look this up?
thanks
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
AXON rewards are 4 nights at Cat 5 or 6 for only 125,000 points. here is a link to more info.

link
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:15 am

If you have enough points can you book 2 rooms (same hotel, same trip) using AXON???
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:46 am

thanks

[QUOTE=trm2;7217842]AXON rewards are 4 nights at Cat 5 or 6 for only 125,000 points. here is a link to more info.

thanks for the link!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I think you can book two axons. The issues is can you get both rooms? You can only do a force for one room, so both would have to be open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.