Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:46 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Question, If i'm using the AXON7 to book an award stay. Do I need to stay in days of multiple 4 (i.e. only book 4 nights or 8 nights) to get the 36,250 rate? Or can I stay for six nights and still pay 36,250 points per night?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Booked AXON recently for Paris Arc de Trioumph for a July stay. If this option goes away I think there will be a lot of people sending back their HH Amex card!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by hcampana
Question, If i'm using the AXON7 to book an award stay. Do I need to stay in days of multiple 4 (i.e. only book 4 nights or 8 nights) to get the 36,250 rate? Or can I stay for six nights and still pay 36,250 points per night?
Has to be multiples of 4. You CANNOT split the award.

If you want 6 nights, look at the GLON awards
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
IIRC one cannot book consecutive AXON awards for the same property.

Originally Posted by hcampana
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
IIRC one cannot book consecutive AXON awards for the same property.
I did this last year in Hawaii without any issue whatsoever. 2 Axons/8 nights/290,000 HH.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Has to be multiples of 4. You CANNOT split the award.

If you want 6 nights, look at the GLON awards
Correct. As noted in the consolidated chart at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16579700-post14.html, GLON (aka VIP) is always the best of the reward options for a 6-night stay.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Booked AXON recently for Paris Arc de Trioumph for a July stay. If this option goes away I think there will be a lot of people sending back their HH Amex card!
Put it in a drawer, maybe. Sending it back would be silly.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Put it in a drawer, maybe. Sending it back would be silly.
For me, it's definitely the best perk of the card. Double points in all of the categories is great too, but the AXON award saves loads of points. If they did eliminate it, I'd try and switch my account to an Amex Blue Cash card.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Just book my Cat 7 Axon Award for August - 145k pts. I'd forgotten that you have to call the diamond desk even though I've dropped down to gold.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:03 am

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Axon

I recently booked two; one for Hilton Paddington and one for Hilton Prague Old Town, both in July. I booked the 4 night Axon at Paddington even though I am staying only 3 nights, this securs the room for early morning arrival on the second day and costs 5K less than a 3 night standard award.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Amex question

I'm a newbie, so please don't judge

I'm going to London May 22 and staying for 4 nights. I have enough points to book hotel at the 170k points (standard rate of 200k points discounted by 15% with code H704) but I want to save my points and book at 145k points.

If I sign up for the Hilton Amex card today, at which point can I call Hilton and ask to book the AXON7 award? Also does Hilton charge a phone booking fee?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your help!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:18 am

I'm not sure if you can make an AXON reservation before you receive or activate the card, but I made a reservation about five minutes after I activated the card and before I charged anything on it. The rep at the Diamond Desk didn't ask for the card number from me or mention anything about confirming that I could make that reservation; she merely asked for my HHonors number and handled the reservation.

As a side note, the rep at the Diamond Desk was super; very friendly and professional. I was a little shy of the 145k points for the AXON7 reward and fully expecting to buy the difference, but she waived it for me. Also, no booking fee or anything like that.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:20 pm

Thanks! I just applied for the card so when it arrives I will book my award nights.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to change the statement end date? I ask this question because I can quickly meet the minimum spend of $750, and it would be great if the 40k bonus points posted sooner than later.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by MissMiles
Thanks! I just applied for the card so when it arrives I will book my award nights.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to change the statement end date? I ask this question because I can quickly meet the minimum spend of $750, and it would be great if the 40k bonus points posted sooner than later.
I think you can call AMEX to have it moved.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:36 am

Does the phone call to Amex need to be done before the card arrives or upon activation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.