Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by fligster
My email from February AXON (for July stay), is similar to JDiver's, but rate type is DIAMOND REDEMPTION cause it was a "Diamond Special Request" since hotel sold out for July 4th weekend.

Reward Code:AXON7N

Description: 4 NIGHTS AMEX CREDIT CARD OFFER, and

Rate Information:
Rate Type:
DIAMOND REDEMPTION
Total Rate for Stay (in points): 145,000

If I look online, it shows the regular VIP points, and then the AXON as subtotal.

Room:
2 adults, 1 child
2QNS 1BDRM STE OCEANFRONT
Points (4 nights x 42,500) 170,000 points
Room Subtotal 145,000 points
DIAMOND REDEMPTION

Hmm... Mine does not list the correct points amount:

Room:
2 adults, 2 children
2QNS 1BDRM STE
Points (4 nights x 42,500) 170,000 points
Room Subtotal 170,000 points
HHONORS CERTIFICATES
Rate details
Room details
Total for stay: 170,000 points

However, they only deducted 145,000 points from my account. I'm not worried about it.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Anyone successful in getting the retroactive credit using AXON6 code? I had a stay about 10 days ago for 4 nights and missed to book it via American Express but booked on Hilton website. I called AMEX at 1-800-920-5649 and they said not possible. Am I out of luck?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
A question for anyone who has booked an AXON award (cat 6 or 7) in the past year or so: Did you receive an email confirmation, and if so, did that email state the correct number of points used for the award?

I ask because one member has told me that on a recent AXON6 award, the email he received reflected an incorrect, higher point cost. (The actual deduction was supposedly correct, however.) If this is a recurring Hilton glitch, that seems like something worth documenting.

We just booked an AXON at a cat 7 hotel for October and the correct points were deducted but the email was incorrect.. so this sample of 2 suggests a glitch in the system
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I just booked Bentley Miami Beach exact same thing happened, deducted 145k but email says 170k; DD said don't worry about it.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I just booked Bentley Miami Beach exact same thing happened, deducted 145k but email says 170k; DD said don't worry about it.
It has been this way from my experience too. It also translate to points when using a Q3FN.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Originally Posted by wendySFO
It has been this way from my experience too. It also translate to points when using a Q3FN.
Thanks to both of you, and to everybody else who weighed in. For the benefit of posterity, I've noted this quirk in the rewards FAQ.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
AXON for Waldorf Astoria?

Hi, I have booked 4 nights in Rome Cavaleri Waldor Astoria for 204,000 points. I am wondering if AXON can be used for W-A ? if yes, what would be the points ? I just wish I had learned this reword code long ago, that would have saved me tons on points for my stay in past years in various Hilton hotel. well it is better late than never, THANKS A LOT!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by L3talk
I am wondering if AXON can be used for W-A ?
Alas, no.

For the skinny on AXON awards, see post #4 in the FAQ. For W-A, see the separate entries for standard and VIP awards.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Various
I seem to recall a reward option to book a combined number of night that included meals (but not the meals received as benefits of one's membership level) I could swear I saw this back around 2009?

Am I thinking of something else, or has that part of the rewards program been eliminated?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
I seem to recall a reward option to book a combined number of night that included meals (but not the meals received as benefits of one's membership level) I could swear I saw this back around 2009?

Am I thinking of something else, or has that part of the rewards program been eliminated?
Are you thinking of the All-Inclusive Resorts, discussed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...#post16556392?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive
I was looking at 3 nights at the Hilton Seattle. Its 5,000 points cheaper to book a 4 night AXON than book 3 nights at 50,000/night. Any issues with leaving the room sit empty and let auto checkout occur the next day?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
There shouldn't be a problem, EmAAx! In fact, when U check out a day early, U can offer your spare night to someone else for free or cheap!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
There shouldn't be a problem, EmAAx! In fact, when U check out a day early, U can offer your spare night to someone else for free or cheap!
I would NOT recommend offering your extra night to anyone unless you trust that person completely. Your CC is still attached to the room and you are responsible for all charges associated w/the room until you check-out or the reservation is over. If that person makes any extra charges, e.g., room service, laundry, in-room movies, restaurant, etc., you will be the one charged and the one held responsible.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I would NOT recommend offering your extra night to anyone unless you trust that person completely. Your CC is still attached to the room and you are responsible for all charges associated w/the room until you check-out or the reservation is over. If that person makes any extra charges, e.g., room service, laundry, in-room movies, restaurant, etc., you will be the one charged and the one held responsible.
+1
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Saw in a non-related HH thread that the AXON is ending in Feb 2012.

Is that accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.