Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question 1000 pts/nite Q2, for Axon award

Do we get the 1000 pts/nite Q2 promotion for an Axon award? BTW- it was booked before Q2, but just did the stay in Q2.
OOPS- Says Yes in the Q2 Promotion Thread.

Last edited by IntFF; Jun 3, 2011 at 1:42 am
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by rdchen
When I called last night to modify my award reservations, the CSR mentioned that one cannot redeem back to back AXON awards, i.e. 2 consecutive AXON awards at the same property. Does anyone have any insight into as whether his claim is true or false?
My BS alarm is going off. What's to stop you from redeeming one, then phoning back and redeeming another? I doubt they'll spot it.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stifle
My BS alarm is going off. What's to stop you from redeeming one, then phoning back and redeeming another? I doubt they'll spot it.
True, but the point of the question is, is this valid? Anyone know? If it is valid, we shouldn't have to do multiple calls.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Originally Posted by IntFF
Do we get the 1000 pts/nite Q2 promotion for an Axon award? BTW- it was booked before Q2, but just did the stay in Q2.
i did a 6 night glon award in hawaii in may and got the 1000 pts per night promotion. i was surprised when the points posted.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF

Yes you get the points on an Axpn award.

Bobette
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:27 am

Thanks for this great thread! We had a 4-day cat 7 booked on a VIP/GLON rate for 170k points. After reading this thread, I applied for the no-fee Hilton Amex. I called and had the reservation converted over to an AXON award. It took about 5 minutes and saved me 25k. It's like an additional 25k bonus for the credit card!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:08 am

Basic AXON7 quesion

I have 145K HHonors points. Can I just call Hilton and book the AXON7 through them? Have people done this before?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The development of this sticky is timely.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:26 am
Suspended

In particular, the subsection explaining AXON -- including how to book -- is post #4 in that thread.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:10 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:15 am

Smile

For the experienced FTers, stop here.

For the new FT people, AXON7 is a promotion code through Hilton and American Express. I was hesitant about the specific promotion details, so I called the Hilton Honors number from Hilton.com. They gave me the Hilton Diamond Desk number (1.800.920.5649) and told me to call them and book through them. This was my first time calling the diamond desk. They explained that an AXON7 reservation is like any other reservation except that you only pay 145K HHonor points for a four night stay in any world wide "Hilton" hotel. Once I book it, the diamond desk said that it would appear in my hilton.com reservation list (after you log in) like any other reservation. In additon, the diamond desk would send an electronic certificate to the specific hotel with my reservation. In the past, it is my understanding that you would receive a paper certificate and you took it too the respective hotel. Now it is all electronic. I hope this helps.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:22 am
Suspended

AXON awards and confirmation emails

A question for anyone who has booked an AXON award (cat 6 or 7) in the past year or so: Did you receive an email confirmation, and if so, did that email state the correct number of points used for the award?

I ask because one member has told me that on a recent AXON6 award, the email he received reflected an incorrect, higher point cost. (The actual deduction was supposedly correct, however.) If this is a recurring Hilton glitch, that seems like something worth documenting.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
In my experience, this has been pretty common. I think rather than being a glitch, this probably documents some way the hotel is not penalized for our paying fewer points. It has certainly never caused me any problems at all, and my most recent AXONs have the combined ressie / reward certificate with the annotations

Reward Code:AXON7N

Description: 4 NIGHTS AMEX CREDIT CARD OFFER, and

Rate Information:
Rate Type:
HHONORS REDEMPTION
Total Rate for Stay (in points): 145,000

So, they may have straightened this out with the new redemption process (no separate certificate and no cert need be presented)?
Originally Posted by beltway
A question for anyone who has booked an AXON award (cat 6 or 7) in the past year or so: Did you receive an email confirmation, and if so, did that email state the correct number of points used for the award?

I ask because one member has told me that on a recent AXON6 award, the email he received reflected an incorrect, higher point cost. (The actual deduction was supposedly correct, however.) If this is a recurring Hilton glitch, that seems like something worth documenting.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Like JDiver, I've gotten the same (email with correct AXON code). Pts are not shown on the email, but code does. However, now that certs have gone away I'm not sure how this will work as I have not redeemed an AXON since the change.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My email from February AXON (for July stay), is similar to JDiver's, but rate type is DIAMOND REDEMPTION cause it was a "Diamond Special Request" since hotel sold out for July 4th weekend.

Reward Code:AXON7N

Description: 4 NIGHTS AMEX CREDIT CARD OFFER, and

Rate Information:
Rate Type:
DIAMOND REDEMPTION
Total Rate for Stay (in points): 145,000

If I look online, it shows the regular VIP points, and then the AXON as subtotal.

Room:
2 adults, 1 child
2QNS 1BDRM STE OCEANFRONT
Points (4 nights x 42,500) 170,000 points
Room Subtotal 145,000 points
DIAMOND REDEMPTION

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.