Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
It is exclusive to the HHonors-branded Amex card.
That is, Surpass or the Regular one.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
what is AXON ?

i have a HHonors Amex which i got about 7 years ago. i have seen AXON "redemption rates" in many threads on here and dont really know what it is when making a reward reservation. is this something i automatically have just from being an amex hhonors cardmember?

thanks in advance for your clarification. and please excuse my ignorance.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:05 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
AXON is for HHonors member with Amex card (the regular and surpass card) to have a reduced points for redemption. AXON applies to cat 5-7 for 4 consecutive nights. It has more favorite rate compare with the HHonors VIP redemption. You can get more details from this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
Red face

thanks for the info. i think i have been given the reduced amount of pts needed the last time i booked a reward stay - i just didnt realize they are also referred to as AXON. i did a search here on FT, there were just so many threads on AXON, thanks for the link.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K Air Canada Gold Thai Air Gold Delta Platinum Hilton Diamond
Axon

Are there other ways to get reduced points besides Axon???
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by firecat69
Are there other ways to get reduced points besides Axon???
Yes, point stretchers and VIP awards being the obvious ones.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
VIP rewards are available to any HHonors elite Silver or higher. The standard reward points are reduced on these extended stay points.

4 night-stay = 15% discount
5-night stay = 20% discount (same discount as 5th night free of Marriott and Starwood)
6 to 14 nights = 25% discount

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...POnly/index.do
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:11 am

just saved 11K pts on AXON

i just cancelled and re booked my 4 nt reservation at Hilton Wanfujing Beijing for 125K pts instead of 136K on my earlier reservation using VIP Reward discount. saved myself 11K pts. this is great !!! thanks FTers.

the DDesk rep asked for my platinum amex # to hold the reservation. my amex aint platinum but i gave her my HHonors amex # and there didnt seem to have any problems. she confirmed my reservation. should i be concerned about the platinum amex thing?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by pocahontas
i just cancelled and re booked my 4 nt reservation at Hilton Wanfujing Beijing for 125K pts instead of 136K on my earlier reservation using VIP Reward discount. saved myself 11K pts. this is great !!! thanks FTers.

the DDesk rep asked for my platinum amex # to hold the reservation. my amex aint platinum but i gave her my HHonors amex # and there didnt seem to have any problems. she confirmed my reservation. should i be concerned about the platinum amex thing?
No, as long as you have a HHonors AMEX, you are fine. BTW, I think all the reg HHonors AMEX are "platinum". When I first got mine, I was still a lowly trainee with a corresponding salary. My card was still labeled a "Platinum".
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:38 pm

BTW, I think all the reg HHonors AMEX are "platinum". When I first got mine, I was still a lowly trainee with a corresponding salary. My card was still labeled a "Platinum".
The old blue ones did say "Platinum", but it wasn't a "real" Amex Platinum card. They have been replaced by brown ones that no longer say "Platinum".
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
The old blue ones did say "Platinum", but it wasn't a "real" Amex Platinum card. They have been replaced by brown ones that no longer say "Platinum".
IIRC, real platinum's got access to airport clubs...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:02 pm

Talking

No, as long as you have a HHonors AMEX, you are fine. BTW, I think all the reg HHonors AMEX are "platinum". When I first got mine, I was still a lowly trainee with a corresponding salary. My card was still labeled a "Platinum".
my regular hhonors amex is also platinum in color, actually more like metallic gray/blue. the card does say "platinum" on it, right below the HHonors name and logo. i guess i can call myself an amex platinum cardholder, after all
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by pocahontas
i guess i can call myself an amex platinum cardholder, after all
enjoy it while lasts, you will get the new one when your current card expires
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:32 pm

who to call and what to say

I have a regular AmEx HHonors credit card. I am HHonors Gold VIP. Do I simply call the regular HHonors number on the back of my card and say I want to book an AXON reward stay?? This whole thing is confusing, even after reading the very insightful comments here!!! Thanks everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.