Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuching {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Kuching {MYS}

Was in Kuching and Have to tell ya, the hotel staff are pretty and pretty cool. THey even go out partying with me and we had a great time.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 5:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Huh. They never went partying with me... and um, just where does one go partying in Kuching?
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:16 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
They never went partying with us either. Where would you go - up the street to the mall? HA. Better to go to Batang Ai! Not one Hilton employee on the reservations line has ever booked it...
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Karen2:
They never went partying with us either. Where would you go - up the street to the mall? HA. Better to go to Batang Ai! Not one Hilton employee on the reservations line has ever booked it...</font>
Why is that? Any reason or no reason at all?
Old Dec 6, 2002, 2:41 pm

it's in the middle of nowhere in borneo.... they always seem to have special offers for it though!
Old Dec 6, 2002, 8:35 pm

not really the middle of nowhere..is actually a very pleasant town, with covered drains and a charming promenade along the river, and an interesting museum with a collection of dayak artifacts. The best thing, tho, is the Orang Utang Rehabilitation Centre which is about 40 mins in a cheap taxi from Kuching..its really,really lovely, if animals are your thing...
Old Dec 7, 2002, 5:59 am

mmmm sounds nice fran, im thinking it might just be worth taking a trip there and the hilton kuching.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 9:31 am

Let's get this straight... Kuching, which fran and I think kawoh are referring to, is a relatively pleasant town with a downtown Hilton.

The Batang Ai Hilton, while listed under Kuching, is in the middle of nowhere in Borneo, 4 hours from Kuching.

I have made it to the first, but not to the second yet.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kuching is definately NOT in the middle of nowhere is is the CApital of Sarawak and is a quite wealthy city (yes, even by western standards). The level of English spoken is not only better than anywhere else in MAlaysia, but better than many Western European cities for that matter. The people are very nice and it is truly a lovely place.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 10:43 pm

Yes. The Kuching people are lovely. And please tell me who at the hotel I can call upon to go partying with me during my next trip there.....
Old Dec 10, 2002, 3:00 am

I think ppl are getting confused with the Hilton Kuching and the Hilton Batang Ai Resort. Kuching, yes agree it is a wonderful place and cosmpolitan. But Batang Ai is in the middle of nowhere and this other hilton in east malaysia, is in fact quite a drive away from Kuching. BUt if referring to the Hilton Kuching, yes you are right.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Any one who wants to stay at Kuching Hilton can contact me and I can arrange a room at USD55 a night
Old Dec 14, 2002, 5:07 am

I just stayed there last week at a Global Value net rate of 130 MYR (about US $34) that included the tax and service (Strangely, I found this rate on Expedia, but it was not available through the Hilton web site). I also received an email from Hilton stating an even lower rate of US $30 for this hotel, but I don't know the applicable dates or restrictions.

[This message has been edited by dogcanyon (edited 12-14-2002).]
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Hilton Kuching, Malaysia?

Has anyone stayed at this property? Any thoughts? Should I book the executive floor or hope to get a diamond upgrade?

Any other possible options in town?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:58 am
Suspended

As Gold I was upgraded to the Executive Floor on 2 award stays about a year ago.

The "river view" rooms appear to be much nicer than the "city view" rooms, both in terms of decor and the view from the room. I was not given a "river view" room on both occasions, but I went to the Executive Lounge to have it changed during my second stay.

As to the other options in Kuching, I believe there is a Crowne Plaza next to the Hilton and there is also a Holiday Inn . Cant comment on these hotels since I havent stayed there before, but there is a recent thread on the CP in the IC forum.

Last edited by mario33; Apr 13, 2005 at 9:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.